Your First Video Game

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember,a couple of years ago,my cousin had replaced her N64(it was given away) with a Sega Genesis,and I was facinated by it. She let me play it,and my first games were Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2 on the Genesis. Later on,I got a gameboy color, a GBA,and a Gamecube, and ever since then, I became a full fledged Hardcore gamer.
smile.gif

What was your first Game?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Bros. + Duck Hunt

This was the first cartridge my father and I put into his NES console back when I was 2½. It was also one of my favorite and still is to this day.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh... I actually can't remember my first game?

I don't think it was Super Mario.... it might have been Mortal Kombat on the Sega Megadrive? Or it may have been Super Mario Bros on the NES lol. One of those... and either NES or the Megadrive was my first console.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't remember exactly. Was probably Super Mario Kart (which I played when I was 3)

Posts merged

Prowler485 said:
Probably something on an Arcade machine or SNES

Rucario said:
Mine was a PSX, soooooo good.

-Image Snip-

Why is PSX used as abbreviation for Playstation/Playstation 1/PSOne?

Deathgaze97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Resident Evil series(Started playing with second one), something i vaguely remember playing as a kid. Damn that was scary. And i had a Dreamcast back then....

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
I vaguely remember but I think it was Street Fighter (i dunno which version) for the SNES.. 14years ago.. And Red Alert(which was still black and white) played on a PC(Windows 95). Same day..

The StreetFighter one, my first try, RYU, got a hadoken after a few seconds. It was a good feeling.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Either it was Digger on my grandpa's Amstrad computer, or Q-bert on my c64. I'm not sure which one I played first, I was like 5-6 years old back then.

Got my C64 quite early (its serial no is 4096), and I remember trying to figure out what I was supposed to do in Q-bert without any success. Digger was far more enjoyable, games doesn't get much simpler than that. I was sooo happy every time I managed to finish the first stage. Never got past the second one
biggrin.gif

Now I'm going a bit OT;

Still got my C64 left, however, it refuses to access the disk drive anymore so it's basically useless. The same happened to a friend's C64, so it can't be an all that rare problem. I've googled around for a solution without finding anything relevant (I did however find a really good paper on the 1541 drive).
The disk drive is ok, I've had it connected to a pc and used it to dump disks, so the problem must lie in the C64 itself.

Anyone happen to know where to find a solution to this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol