Gaming Your favorite DS memories thread

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Racing through Phantom Hourglass, one of the few cartridges I own, with a friend of mine. It was amazing. I forget who actually won (it was probably him, as he had the game for a few days longer than I), but it was one of the funnest weeks I've ever had.

Also, when I bought Diamond back in 9th grade (wow, it's been some time). I loved that game and, even though no one else had it yet, it was fun staying up late just to get to that next gym. I know that fourth generation gets a lot of shit, but I thought it was actually fun figuring out which Pokemon did what and where to find them. The Pokemon still resembled Pokemon, which is something I think the fifth generation lost.

I remember bringing my DS to school in the last week in 11th grade. A few other people in English also had one, and were all spread out in the room. We found that we all had Mario Kart and had some really fun races. We stayed in that room all day, regardless of other classes we had (I was jealous of someone who actually had ROB unlocked, and I still never did so myself).

FUCK I MISS MY DS!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Evolving that Cranidos and finally "Catching 'em all" in Platinum, getting my black Trainer Card in Platinum, and unlocking ROB and my first star in MKDS.

Oh, and I guess kicking ass and coming first in an MKDS tournament!
biggrin.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Playing pokemon Soul Silver and going on a Premier Ball Challenge, trying to capture every Legendary in game with premier balls... that took so long but I felt so good when i did it.I have over 500 hours in SS.ANother good memory is from a few days back when I hatched a Shiny AxeW and shiny Tepig, Pokemon White is so addictive like SS I have over 150 hours already, going on the Premier ball challenge again.

I also loved playing Phantasy Star 0, Mario Kart and some more random stuff with my shoutbox friends(Domination, Prwlr, raika and MegaAce)

DS was seriously the best system ever, but more memories to come becaus ei plan to have mine for another 1.5-2 years, its a DSi XL so its pretty new and im sure there will be new DSi Ware and DS games for atleast a year

EDIT: some more are when I got my Acekard 2i in the mail, first thing I ordered online for myself and playing shit ton of RPgs like TWEWy, KH.NSMB and MKDS will have good memories and Scribblenauts was a great time waster for me.I loved Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Ranger...

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey you are talking about memories threads.

THIS IS MY THREAD

I
NEvEr
EvEr
GoT
AnY
NdS(i or not asimple one)

hope this was the worst thread coz i am saving my money to buy a 3ds.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chhotu uttam said:
hey you are talking about memories threads.

THIS IS MY THREAD

I
NEvEr
EvEr
GoT
AnY
NdS(i or not asimple one)

hope this was the worst thread coz i am saving my money to buy a 3ds.

You ok dude?

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Unlike most of you guys, I still show my DSi some love. I still play my Pokemon White and it's just better for me to play DS games on DSi and 3DS games on 3DS. Well my most memorable ones:

- when I got my first flash cart (TTDS): That got me very, very excited. Finally, I was able to play any DS games! I was excited to get to play Warioware, Pokemon Diamond, Mario Party, Prof. Layton. Gah, that almost felt like DS Heaven!
- when I got my silver DS Lite. I gave up my Phat one because the battery drained really quick when I used the TTDS. So I upgraded to the then-brand new silver Lite. It was the sexiest Lite I've ever had (too bad I had to sell it...)

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
R2DJ said:
Unlike most of you guys, I still show my DSi some love. I still play my Pokemon White and it's just better for me to play DS games on DSi and 3DS games on 3DS. Well my most memorable ones:
You show love to your ds i but i don't even have a simple console.

Only a ausome pc an a laptop.

both were gifted by my parents and if i'd had to buy i would surely got a nintendo dsi

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, the DS...

Mine is broken now, so I haven't played it since January, but I can't deny the amount of perfect memories I got because of it.

Well, since there are so many, let's split them up:

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors:
A great game. Storytelling was spectacular, and the mystery tops even Higurashi.
One of the DS' classics, that's for sure.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow:
Among the first games I tried out when I had just bought my first flashcard (an R4 SDHC).
It was short, but absolutely great. Has lots of personality, too, and might have even been my introduction to "darker" games.

The Dark Spire:
This is definitely /not/ the best the DS has to offer.
In fact, in terms of 'goodness', this game might even rank lowest - but that's only because it was never intended to be 'good'.
It was, however, great, and one of the most memorable games I have ever played, in my whole life.
Audio-visually, it is the absolute best.
With a deep, raw soundtrack, and its malicious, dark yet colourful surroundings, this game has managed to create one of the most impressive atmospheres I've ever experienced.

I will never forget that time, when I was deep in the Second Floor with my Thief (Kain) and my Mage (Rydia).
My Warrior (Cecil) and Priest (Rosa) had brutally been murdered mere seconds before,
and I somehow needed to get back to the entrance of the /whole/ dungeon.
With trial and error, I got to the First Floor, where Kain got poisoned.
Crawling through every door, around every corner, and through every battle...it was one of the most intense experiences I've ever had.
The entrance was already in sight when Kain got killed in battle.
Because of sheer luck, and sheer luck /only/, Rydia managed to escape, and I eventually got back to Town.
...where I had to spent all my money to revive everyone. Good times.

This game holds so many great moments.
The Third Floor, with its savage soundtrack and its dark, wild corners...
The Fourth Floor, with its horribly fantastic Garden filled with teleports and turning-around panels...
The first time entering the Sixth Floor; the soft drums quickly making way for high-pitched vocals that combine to make a song that can only be described as 'Epic', the sudden change of perspective, making you feel smaller and more vulnerable than any game has ever made you feel before... Its treasure chests, with the power to instant-kill the whole party even after the battle had finished...

The Seventh Floor, with its Last-Dungeon soundtrack, its gorgeous surroundings, the lights on the ceiling slowly changing colours...Every step was fatal, every single move you make could trigger a random battle, where every Hydra attacked preemptively and could obliterate your whole party with just one of their infamous breath attacks...
Tyrhungs hideout, with the grey-red colour scheme...
The ???-Floor, with its brilliant music, electric-white walls, filled with deadly, otherwordly beings...

There are so many great events in this game.
The young child playing with its dolls in a place whose malice can only be compared with the Ninth circle of Hell...
The one-winged girl, locked up on the Fourth Floor - incidentally, very close to an erotic (stuffed) panda, a unicorn without a horn (=horse), the man with two brains (random guy holding conversations with himself), the invisible man (ABSOLUTELY NOTHING)... the remark made when you enter that place - something about intergalactic beings and space travel - was absolutely uncalled for, but hilarious nonetheless.
The H3ll0 Kitty sign on one of the Sixth Floor's doors...

Gameplay-wise, you might say this is one of the worst-designed games of the DS' library - but for me, it is the very best,
and it is a game so utterly beautiful, immersing, and just all-around memorable that I will never, ever forget it.

Etrian Odyssey series:
My favourite game series. Its memorability isn't as great as, say, The Dark Spire's, but the gameplay is definitely far more balanced.
This game had so many almost-there feelings, compensated by brutal, sudden deaths, and I haven't even talked about forgetting to buy Warp Wires (which only happened twice in total, but /when/ it happened...), the Sixth Strata of the games,
and my very first encounter with the feared, deadly deer better known as F.O.E.

Everything, from the stunningly original Fifth Stratum of the first game, to the purely malicious Sixth Stratum of the third game...

This will always be my favourite RPG series ever to have set foot on the DS.
Nothing more needs to be said.

Final Fantasy IV:
I didn't particularly like this one - it was really unbalanced, far too difficult (even for a The Dark Spire such as myself), and just very vague in general.
However, it was among the first games I ever played that actually had a story at all.
Its characters felt real, the deaths painful.
Though the DS version might not be, from what I've heard, the best, Final Fantasy IV as a game is most definitely a classic.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates:
Together with FFIV, one of my first games that actually had a story - and what a great, moving one it was.
Everything about this game is just all-around great: the story, the music, the graphics, and of course the gameplay itself.
Though less memorable than some of the other games I've played, it is nevertheless one of my favourites,
unlike its absolutely detestable sequel.

Knights in the Nightmare:
In any "greatest DS games" list, this game needs to be mentioned.
It's stunningly original, artistically dark and beautifully complex.
It is, in many ways, a very mature game; not a smile is seen, and not a life is spared.

If you haven't played this yet, you owe it to yourself to do so.
It is among the DS' most original games - if not atop of those - and its beauty will be sure to lure you in.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team:
...shut up, you meanies. I love this game. >->
That's probably because of the great times I had playing this with my friends, though.
I'll never forget those.

Rythm Heaven:
Though not as memorable as other games mentioned here, it /is/ extremely original, and just a lot of fun.
I managed to get a lot of gold medals, too. ^-^

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor:
Yes, this game is littered with grinding.
However, the soundtrack and graphics are great and moody, and its story is among the best, if not /the/ best, of the DS.

I will always remember the final battle.
I dispatched only my Main Character, accompanied by my two best demons, and I fought my way through every single boss of the whole game, every enemy and every spell thrown at me with only these three guys.
That was great. It was fantastic. That battle is my most memorable, and it is an achievement I will always be proud of.

Since I only reached Amane's ending (which is supposed to be the hardest), I will buy the 3DS remake -
not only to reach the other endings, nor to see the 8th day - but also to support Atlus and its USA brethren, for creating and localizing such a great game.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey:
An absolute classic. The most mature game the DS has ever seen - not in terms of blood and gore, but because of the moral horrors and traumas packed within this game.
Seeing your own teammates, with whom you've fought so long, committing suicide will tear you up,
and hearing them being tortured by demons is extremely unsettling, to say the least.

This game is packed with /so/ many touching events...
Experiencing your own enemies, the demons, getting torn apart - literally - will leave an impression -
but mercifully ending their lives with the single tap of a button is something you will never forget doing.

Seeing a cute rabbit getting skinned and eaten by the adorable Alice was great, too.

I plan on buying this from eBay when I receive my 3DS.
My save file got corrupted at the last boss, so I have yet to see any ending.
The dungeons are definitely worth re-experiencing, too.

The World Ends With You:
What /hasn't/ been said about this game?
It's one of my favourites, too.
The conversations are brilliantly constructed, and, just like everyone else, I cried at the end.

Manly tears, mind you.

Well, that will be all. I've ignored a couple of games I greatly enjoyed, because they just weren't memorable enough for me;
this post is for writing about the memories I will forever retain, and the experiences kept within those games simply aren't part of these memories.

Goodbye, Nintendo DS.
I believe we all have had great times with you, and even when games have ascended into the fifth dimension,
you will forever be in our minds.
Amen.

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
My DSL is still alive, active and kicking!
biggrin.gif
Currently playing B/W, Okamiden, to start Radiant Historia after that. My fondest memory of it though is playing Ouendan 2 night and day. It's probably the first Japanese game I've played up 'til the end. I remember trying to video myself playing Glamorous Sky, trying to get a perfect playthrough, never succeeding in doing an active recording (yet I managed to do it many times without the vid recording). The pressure always gets to me, when I get to the final few taps. Darn.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My best ds memory was when I first bought my ds lite. I didn't have a flashcart yet, and I remember being amazed at how much better the screen quality was. I only had one game then, but it was still awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom