You win again, internet.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why MLP is treated so differently from everything else. People like it because it's a good show and they enjoy watching it. Others don't like it because they find it boring or just happen to not like it. It doesn't have to be THE GREATEST THING EVAR or complete utter garbage.

I'll compare it to gaming. I love RPGs and action games, but I've never been a huge fan of racing games or the RTS genre.. However, I recognize that some people like racing games and don't like RPGs. It doesn't bother me, I like what I like and others can do the same thing.

I will say this, though: if you solely let your gender/race/anything else define what you should enjoy, then you're just an idiot and are probably missing out on tons of awesome stuff.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SylvWolf said:
I will say this, though: if you solely let your gender/race/anything else define what you should enjoy, then you're just an idiot and are probably missing out on tons of awesome stuff.
How would your race define what you watch?
Also, for me, it's not just solely that, but also that it doesn't look interesting at all to me. There's loads of stuff I'd rather be doing than watching MLP. A LOT of stuff.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
SylvWolf said:
I don't see why MLP is treated so differently from everything else. People like it because it's a good show and they enjoy watching it. Others don't like it because they find it boring or just happen to not like it. It doesn't have to be THE GREATEST THING EVAR or complete utter garbage.

I'll compare it to gaming. I love RPGs and action games, but I've never been a huge fan of racing games or the RTS genre.. However, I recognize that some people like racing games and don't like RPGs. It doesn't bother me, I like what I like and others can do the same thing.

Peoples issues with this fad isn't that people enjoy the show, but how it seems to permeate into every aspect of their internet persona. And how they constantly shove it into everyone else's faces like we are supposed to applaud that when in reality we just don't give a damn.

If people didn't act so deranged and obsessive over MLP nobody would have any issues with its fans.

But its pony this, pony that, pony avatars, pony sigs, pony custom titles, the spamming of stupid pony memes in threads regardless if its relevant or not and so on and so on. Its just relentless.

Its like some people go out of their way to be annoying about this.

If you love MLP then great, but please just stfu about it for two seconds and get a grip.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
p1ngpong said:
SylvWolf said:

Peoples issues with this fad isn't that people enjoy the show, but how it seems to permeate into every aspect of their internet persona. And how they constantly shove it into everyone else's faces like we are supposed to applaud that when in reality we just don't give a damn.

If people didn't act so deranged and obsessive over MLP nobody would have any issues with its fans.

But its pony this, pony that, pony avatars, pony sigs, pony custom titles, the spamming of stupid pony memes in threads regardless if its relevant or not and so on and so on. Its just relentless.

Its like some people go out of their way to be annoying about this.

If you love MLP then great, but please just stfu about it for two seconds and get a grip.
This.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
SylvWolf said:
Well maybe because one's Black they feel inclined to watch Black shows. Like that.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand this stupid Bronies thing at all.

I gave it a watch a while ago and it was... it was My Little Ponies. It might be great for young children, and bearable for the parents watching it with them, but there is seriously nothing there to make it the "greatest new show ever" that everyone has been treating it as.

Seriously, it isn't; get over it.

Edit: p1ngpong hit the nail on the head, actually.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:

I gave it a watch a while ago and it was... it was My Little Ponies. It might be great for young children, and bearable for the parents watching it with them, but there is seriously nothing there to make it the "greatest new show ever" that everyone has been treating it as.

A lot of people would disagree with you. I find the show ok. Though according to popular opinion it's a godly show.

Which I don't agree with.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
SylvWolf said:
Well maybe because one's Black they feel inclined to watch Black shows. Like that.
So if you're a pony, you feel inclined to watch My Little Pony?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nujui said:
Gahars said:

A lot of people would disagree with you. I find the show ok. Though according to popular opinion it's a godly show.

Which I don't agree with.

...Which is basically what I was saying (minus the "people would disagree with you" part. Given the inexplicable rabid fanbase the show has, that's a given).

MLP:FiM fans ("Bronies" ...ugh), if you like your show about a bunch of magical ponies learning the value of friendship, great. Good for you. Whatever. Just, for the love of God, stop treating it like its the Second Coming of Christ (and please, stop acting surprised over the hype backlash when you do).

There is a huge difference between "Oh, there's this new show on Cartoon Network, My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic. Trust me, it's better than it sounds. It's surprisingly well written and enjoyable." and "OMG MY LITTLE PONIES, EVERYPONY NEEDS TO SEE IT!"

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
machomuu said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
SylvWolf said:
So if you're a pony, you feel inclined to watch My Little Pony?
That's not a Pony show, that's a human kid show. And that's not my point, Black entertainment is geared towards a Black audience, so they are more likely to watch it, not because all Black people have to (I sure don't on average).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Little Pony is such a terribly forced and unfunny meme. The only people who buy into it are twatty 15 year olds who think they're so funny on the internet. It's essentially a meme for hipsters, and hipsters deserve to go in a meat grinder.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
My Little Pony is such a terribly forced and unfunny meme. The only people who buy into it are twatty 15 year olds who think they're so funny on the internet. It's essentially a meme for hipsters, and hipsters deserve to go in a meat grinder.
I [slightly] disagree. I think MLP is just something that sprang up because of 4chan (and after some research, apparently that is the reason), and therefore every teen on the internet watches it and uses the meme. Really, it's basically like any other meme, but because this is so new it's not a surplus, it will die down eventually, but always be here.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I [slightly] disagree. I think MLP is just something that sprang up because of 4chan (and after some research, apparently that is the reason), and therefore every teen on the internet watches it and uses the meme. Really, it's basically like any other meme, but because this is so new it's not a surplus, it will die down eventually, but always be here.

Except 4chan is fully of twatty hipsters and thus the meme isn't funny.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:

Well said, honestly I can't believe a thread about My Little Pony has survived this long, I won't be watching purely for the principle. There's alot better things to watch out there, and I can't imagine telling the boys how bad ass my little pony was last night.

I have to deal with my own load of kids stuff with a 4 year old around but no way would I endure him to anything like that.

I bought him up on Animaniacs, Tiny Toons and Freakazoid oh yeah and Rocko's Modern Life, ill introduce him to beavis and butthead when hes a bit older

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:

What exactly is a "hipster" anyway?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:

What exactly is a "hipster" anyway?
Someone who only likes things that aren't mainstream. Anything that's mainstream is shit to them simply because it's mainstream. In other words, very stupid people who are trying oh so very hard to be 'different'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next