Gaming Yknow what game we need?

bwillb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS cart with remakes of Mother 1, Mother 2, Mother 3, with full english version of the whole set. including touch control menu and updated 3d engine
biggrin.gif
Who's with me!?

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Meh. I never got into the series. But I can tell you two things. 1. Not gonna happen. 2. If it did, they wouldn't make a 3d engine - it would ruin the graphical charm

bwillb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Meh. I never got into the series. But I can tell you two things. 1. Not gonna happen. 2. If it did, they wouldn't make a 3d engine - it would ruin the graphical charm
eh, an engine using the 3d parallax thingamajig anyway, even if its with the same style as the old ones

also: oh em gee witch touching

bwillb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
Maybe what you mean is uhh

3D isometric view + 3D sprites?
if yes then damn that would be awesome
tbh I don't really give arse what the graphics look like, I just mentioned 3d since omg its 3ds everything has to be in 3d
tongue.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mother compilation, yes. English translation, yes. Touch contros, eh, as long as they're optional. 3D graphics? No. I love the graphical style of the Mother series, and full 3d would completely ruin it. I believe I remember reading that Itoi didn't like Earthbound 64, and one of the reasons was the graphical style. I have to agree with him, the 2d sprites look a lot better to me with a game like Mother 3.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd put a cautious bet that the 3DS will have a Virtual Console much like the Wii, and that odds are if it supports GBA games, they'd port Mother 1+2 and Mother 3, translated. These localizations via Virtual Console have already rebooted Sin and Punishment, who knows what it could do for Mother/Earthbound.

bwillb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd put a cautious bet that the 3DS will have a Virtual Console much like the Wii, and that odds are if it supports GBA games, they'd port Mother 1+2 and Mother 3, translated. These localizations via Virtual Console have already rebooted Sin and Punishment, who knows what it could do for Mother/Earthbound.
Ooh good point... hope you're right on that one. just hope its a translation of mother 2 instead of the highly censored earthbound
biggrin.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No, I don't think so. See, Ninty wanted to put Earthbound on Virtual Console. But their lawyers advised against it. Earthbound has a lot of pop culture and could potentially get Ninty sued because of it. And the American Earthbound has less copyrighted content than the Japanese version does too. I guess lawyers are grumpier today than they were back in the days of the SNES. If they wouldn't do it on VC, they won't do it on 3DS.

bwillb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
No, I don't think so. See, Ninty wanted to put Earthbound on Virtual Console. But their lawyers advised against it. Earthbound has a lot of pop culture and could potentially get Ninty sued because of it. And the American Earthbound has less copyrighted content than the Japanese version does too. I guess lawyers are grumpier today than they were back in the days of the SNES. If they wouldn't do it on VC, they won't do it on 3DS.
woah really? the legal team already cut a ton of crap in earthbound... i thought they were LESS strict now o.O pop culture references are in a LOT of games now... I mean, look at all the easter eggs and crap in World of Warcraft

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi