Yet another topic about HANS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Arikaido, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Arikaido
    OP

Arikaido Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    Backstory: my RZ button on my n3DS is stuck. Permanently depressed, I am unable to play Sm4sh.
    End backstory.

I've read, in multiple places, that HANS is unable to read updates. However, being able to launch Sm4sh via HANS may be my only way of playing it on my 3DS (because of the fact that Homebrew treats my n3DS as an o3DS; whether this has been solved or not, it's actually working to my benefit here). So, here it is: have there been any updates/workarounds that will allow me to play Sm4sh via HANS? Also, will I be able to take my game online?

NOTE: I've tested the whole shoulder button issue on the demo and it seems to work there, so I'm pretty sure it'll work the same way in the full game.

2. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    you can just edit the controls bro... if you're playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3d, you're fucked.. B-)

3. Arikaido
    OP

Arikaido Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    I'm pretty sure you can't. You can swap L and R, but you can't disable the CPP mode, so ZL and ZR are always on. Even if I could swap them, I'd just continually grab instead of continually shielding.

4. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    What about warranty?
    It hasn't been 12 months yet.

5. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    :( im sorry...

6. Arikaido
    OP

Arikaido Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    Well, when it started, I had just become unemployed. Now, I'll have a job next week, so maybe I'll send it out then when it's not where I spend most of my time.

So am I just SOL or is there anything I can do via Homebrew/HANS?

7. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    Why don't you take your 3ds apart and just fix the button?

8. Arikaido
    OP

Arikaido Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    I've already tried that. The screws in the back seem to be wound so tight that they won't come out. I may have even striped one, which may have voided my warrantee.

So nothing, then?