Hacking Yet another header question.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so my gateway is on its way and I have 5 legit games if I back them up and keep their headers for my self to be used with my gateway card wouldnt my odds of receiving a ban be slim to none since theres only 2 games of the same header and they may not be online at the same time if not ever.

Or should I just take the safe route and install all my games as CIA's if that even makes a difference.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so my gateway is on its way and I have 5 legit games if I back them up and keep their headers for my self to be used with my gateway card wouldnt my odds of receiving a ban be slim to none since theres only 2 games of the same header and they may not be online at the same time if not ever.

Or should I just take the safe route and install all my games as CIA's if that even makes a difference.

Running a completely private dump as a cartridge is as just about as safe as you can get. The only way you could get any safer is running that on a Sky3ds cart, since you'd be on completely stock firmware too.
CIA installs will probably have their own ban wave in the future, as it's easy as hell to detect.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running a completely private dump as a cartridge is as just about as safe as you can get. The only way you could get any safer is running that on a Sky3ds cart, since you'd be on completely stock firmware too.
CIA installs will probably have their own ban wave in the future, as it's easy as hell to detect.

So one other person using my header won't even matter since from nintendos view it would be the equivalent of me popping in the cart into another 3ds right?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Assuming they're telling the truth, someone was banned after using .cia files. There is no "safe" route. There's only a relative "safer" route, which we only assume is safer, which is using your own headers. The science isn't in on what causes bans.
People have been getting banned while using Sky3DS. Obviously being on a "stock firmware" does nothing.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So one other person using my header won't even matter since from nintendos view it would be the equivalent of me popping in the cart into another 3ds right?

You're at risk of being banned if there's ever more than one person with the same header at the same time, that's the current consensus.

People have been getting banned while using Sky3DS. Obviously being on a "stock firmware" does nothing.
Read again, I said that running a dump of your own game on a Sky cart would be perfectly safe. Like, one that's only yours and nobody else would run at the same time.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet another thread asking the same freaking questions that have been freaking answered already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too