Hardware yet another DUH question. is it okay to label dvds

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey all, was going to go about labeling my discs, but with my luck, that will somehow have butt secks with the wiis sensitive lazer. I know its a very stupid question, but hey, IM RETARDED LOL:[

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YES SIR I HAVE SO MANY MEDALS I DONT HAVE ROOM FOR A AVATAR

(note, not actually retarded enough to think that, just to say it D: )

tha_reaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont think it will affect the reading of the disk, but i first think of another problem that can occur...
after plating for an hour or so, take out the disk and feel it... it will be pretty hot. Most disk labels have a kind of glue that will come off with high temperatures (thats why you should never put a labeled disk in a car stereo), and because of the brushed on the disk slit, the label can come off and get stuck inside your Wii. I woudnt try it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use a Sharpie to write on the disk. That's what I do with PC stuff. Never had a problem.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i use sticky cd labels on all my wii games and after playing for for hours i take the disc out and its fine
tongue.gif

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Printable discs are your friend. Get a printer that will handle DVD's and you can inkjet print straight onto them.

That's what I do anyway, looks quite professional.

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I had some disks with paper labels and that was a big mistake, the hardly work and if they do they wont for long i just ended up re-burning them on my pc and wasted like 12 disk :/
so dont you labels may the ones with the paper on them anyway but i haven't tried that
good luck

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
Printable discs are your friend. Get a printer that will handle DVD's and you can inkjet print straight onto them.

That's what I do anyway, looks quite professional.

QUOTE(BortzANATOR @ Mar 1 2008, 06:56 PM) i would use lightscribe if you way to do anything other than marker. do not use paper.

expensive, very expensive...you do realise how much ink costs thee days, let alone the printer?

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Urrrm, not that much really.

I can replace a full set of carts in my printer for £30, that will print a LOT of discs.

That's in an Epson R200. Excellent printer.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overall, the consensus is that sticky labels are not the most desired of things. Primary because you can unbalance the disc.

For the cheap: Marker is the way to go.

For the fancy: If you happen to have a lightscribe DVD burner (My brother got one for $30 from Newegg) then Lightscribe discs might be an alterative way.

For the professional: If you happen to have an awesome printer like Freeway does, then snag yourself printable discs.

Really, it depends on what equipment you happen to have around. If I had a badarse printer, I'd use printable discs, but I have no desire to spend $250 on a printer just so my discs look awesome. (I don't have a printer. I do most of my printing at work/school)

WiiSAT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rykin said:
For the fancy: If you happen to have a lightscribe DVD burner (My brother got one for $30 from Newegg) then Lightscribe discs might be an alterative way.
I have a few burned lightscribe discs, and my Wii has noticeably more difficulty reading those than normal DVD's. Stuttering video and the like. So I don't recommend doing that. Ofcourse if you already have a lightscribe burner you can always try, if you buy smart those discs aren't much more expensive then regular discs
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-