Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Legit
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Impossible to know, but there's unlikely to be any more 3DS updates, and even less likely to be ds mode flashcart blocking updates. Also, if it ever is blocked, every flashcart should also be blocked
  5. Not normally, but I think it should if you use TWL launcher. Only the CycloDS iEvolution runs in DSi mode natively. EDIT: It'll play DSi enhanced games without, but they'll run in ds mode. It cannot play dsi exclusives without the launcher, but there's very few of those.
  6. Idk
  7. Download the files from r4ids.cn, not from elsewhere, unzip to the root of your sd, add roms.

Last edited by Mikemk,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) The card is real, I bought that same one from them a couple of weeks ago.
2) The card works fine. I have a 2DS with A9LH+Luma and it works perfectly.
3) Don't know about the DSi system as I haven't tried it.
4) Don't know the answer to that as I got mine after 11.0 came out.
5) Yep, it works perfectly with Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, whivh are DSi Enhanced.
6) Don't remember about the import taxes. I didn't pay anything other than the faster shipping and the card price itself. According to my tracking, it shipped from Hong Kong.
7) You have to set up the SD card with the latest kernel which is v1.64.
8) You have to pay through PayPal, so if PayPal accepts it, they should accept it.

9) I recommend it. I haven't had the time to use mine recently but it runs the games flawlessly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm considering buying an R4i Gold from here, which is gbatemp's first sponsor so I assume it is indeed trustworthy, am I wrong?

Quick questions:

1) Is the R4i Gold on nds-card fake or is it the legit one? I decided to buy an R4i Gold after checking out this chart, now, the features and the price are certainly what I'm looking for, but the R4i Gold showed on what is supposed to be the official site sure looks different from the one on nds-card which I linked above (maybe there are different versions?).

I'm always worried when buying something on the internet, especially this kind of thing, I'd be happy if you could guarantee its validity :)

I currently have an o3ds with armloader9hax installed + luma3ds CFW and I'm on the latest version:

2) Will the card work fine or is there any block I'm unaware of?
3) Will the card work on DSi XL 1.4.5E? (the update which blocked a lot of flashcards back then; even though I'm going to play on a 3DS, new options won't hurt)
4) Will the card keep working after 3DS updates?
5) Will the card work with DSi enhanced games? (I assume it will work since it supports Wood R4, but since I'm a newb I need to be sure about what I'm doing)
6) Does nds-card have import taxes? (it says it ships globally with free shipping but I wonder where does it ship from?)
7) Will the card be ready-for-use as soon as I get it or do I have to set up my own SD with the latest Wood R4 kernel (I think it's 1.62 and I assume it works with both the flashcard and the 3DS with my current set-up as above)

I think that's all I need to know, thanks in advance, sorry for bothering x)
They look the same to me. You might have been looking at the picture for "R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe", that's a completely different cart for playing 3DS games (and it's outdated)
If you click to the next picture in the carousel you'll see the correct cart.

It's a good cart, it will work with everything. DSi Enhanced games will only run in DS mode however.

nds-card ships from China AFAIK, like other Chinese sellers they will probably write a low value/gift on the package so you should avoid import tax, but as the buyer it's your responsibility to know what the laws are for import tax in your country and it's your responsibility to know what the charges will be, the seller has nothing to do with that. If you know that the threshold for paying import tax in your country is ~$20 or more you should be fine anyway. The customs service can stop your package if they think it's worth more than it says on the label but I've never had that happen to me with envelopes, only with a large package once (and only because there was not detailed enough information about the contents)

You have to set up your own SD (don't buy one from the website, memory cards from China are fake most of the time, only buy them locally or 1st-party from Amazon and other popular online stores)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
About eventual 3DS updates: I also think it's very unlikely that there will be any blocking ds mode flashcards as stated above, but if it ever happened I still would have a lot of options since I have complete control on my console thanks to arm9loaderhax+cfw, am I wrong? (or else, I could just google and informing about the updates before updating, so no worries at all).

About DSi-mode: I don't really know what this is, but I think it's no big deal at all, is it? I remember playing Black2 flawlessly with an afwul R4 clone years ago on my DSi before mistakenly updating it. (maybe it's just a 3DS-thing?)

About nds-card: I can only see VISA and Mastercard banners on the website.. which is fine to me since I was planning to pay with VISA, what now?

Thanks to everyone for the kind, quick and helpful answers!!
As long as you have CFW none of it matters, you can even use the original R4 if you want.
Yeah, DSi-mode just adds a few extra (and pointless) features to a few games that are DSi Enhanced, like in B/W/B2/W2 you get a video chat feature that only works locally AFAIK and the camera quality is terrible, and that's about it.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The r4 clone should work in luma if you still have it.
And the twl launcher is just a icon on your home screen which launches the cartridge slot in dsi mode regardless of whatever mode it actually specifies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: