Yellow forest prep work

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Riversong, Mar 26, 2010.

Mar 26, 2010

Yellow forest prep work by Riversong at 5:21 AM (2,353 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Riversong
    OP

Newcomer Riversong Member

United States
    I am currently in Mexico and will be missing several wi-fi events. I will be here until June, but my Soul Silver game (retail) is back in the states. I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to progress the game far enough for me to download wi-fi events, so that way I may obtain Yellow Forest and any other wi-fi events Nintendo wants to release while I am out of the country. This is the only reason I downloaded the SS ROM. I have tried searching the database provided here on GBAtemp and have yet to find anything that can help. I have the Soul Silver ROM

Thanks so much for your assistance.

PS: you may be wondering why I don't do this myself...in the immortal words of Prf. River Song: Spoilers! (Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, Dr. Who Series 4)

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    haven't checked much yet, but as soon as you catch a pokemon for the first time(possibly earlier) you can do mystery gift to receive event stuff.

3. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    Umm yellow forrest is a pokéwalker event

4. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Yes, but you download it with your DS.

5. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    You need to get the Pokedex to be able to get wi-fi events, maybe 5 or 6 min after you get your char created.

6. BerserkLeon

Member BerserkLeon Not-so-new member

United States
    [​IMG] While it's true that you can just download these events, there's currently no way to put your rom save on your retail when you get back home... soo... i think you're outta luck unless you have an action replay, nitrohax, or a second ds and a flashcart

7. s3k7i0n8

Newcomer s3k7i0n8 Member

United States
    um grab the wondercard when the event comes out online if you have two DS' patch it to a distribution rom and send it to your retail card. I have a feeling that should work

8. Riversong
    OP

United States
    I am not wanting to put the save on my retail card, I am wanting to put the save on my ROM. I will then link my Yellow Forest "ticket"/code/whatever to my retail pokewalker, there by tricking the Pokewalker into thinking that I got my Yellow Forest "ticket"/code/whatever from my retail game. The only thing that can stop that is if the Pokewalker bonds with my retail cartridge, meaning that once it is linked to a game, it is permanently linked forever or until it runs out of power.

9. AnalogMan

Member AnalogMan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The routes are unlocked and chosen on the game, not the walker. The walker can be synced to multiple games but not without erasing all the data and doing a reset. Regardless, the wondercard event unlocks the Yellow Forest route on the game.

You can download the Yellow Forest distribution rom from the net, and if you have two DSs you can run the distro on one and the game on the other to obtain it.

(This works with the JAP event too, I've already done and unlocked the Yellow Forrest and two others for my Reatil cart game).

10. m2pt5

Member m2pt5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The Pokewalker links via infrared to the retail cart, and no flash cart has that, so even if you download the Yellow Forest, you'd have to inport the save onto the retail cart to use it.

11. Riversong
    OP

United States
    Ahhh, ok did not know that I needed infrared in order to download that info. I will just have to use AR to get it done; otherwise, I'm boned.

12. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Ok well since things seem to be getting confusing here I'll just lay out the details

You have a few options:
    A. Flash Cart and Retail method (DL Distrobutional rom and send it to retail Cart)
    B. AR Codes
    C. Download it using the retail cart

Do note that the yellow forest is one of the Cards that cannot be given to friends.