Hacking YAOSM Works with SSBX Dual Layer

leeharris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to let you guys know that both the SSBX retail copy of Brawl and the DL dump that was just released by caravan both work amazingly well on YAOSM 2.0. I burned the backup disc using IMGburn default settings on a Ridata DVD+R DL at 4x speed and it works great. No lockups, no slowdowns, no errors, nothing. Make sure you set auto region patching to ON with the config disc.

I also wanted to thank Bell for his amazing work. Yaosm is better than almost all commercial chips out there and it is free. High fives all around.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's good to hear. I got the single layer rip working today after I installed v2.0. YAOSM is going strong for open source.

I will be burning the DVD9 as soon as I get a disc. I have used wiiUR.exe via wine, so I hope it works.

leeharris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for discs, the Memorex DL +R I got were on sale (and Memorex are usually just rebranded Ridata) and they work great.

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if you can upgrade to YAOSM via DVD if you have a Cyclowiz chip?

What could possibly go wrong?

I'm getting errors for smash brothers using the Cyclowiz 3.6b firmware, and thought I might give it a shot.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is not possible. It will not become possible. If a chip can be rewritten in its entirety by DVD, I'd think Nintendo might have its way with people's chipped Wiis.

leeharris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not possible. It will not become possible. If a chip can be rewritten in its entirety by DVD, I'd think Nintendo might have its way with people's chipped Wiis.

You can upgrade by DVD with Cyclowiz. You cannot upgrade by DVD with any kind of PIC processor, however, because only the eeprom is writable by anything but a flasher. The atmega series of chips can upgrade by DVD as well (OpenWii).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good