Yakuza developers reveal Judgement sequel titled Lost Judgement

SEGA and Ryu Ga Gotoku are back, but not for another Yakuza game, at least for now. The 2018 game made by the Yakuza developers, Judgement, is getting a sequel. Lost Judgement has just been announced for release on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. The story will follow the first game, and will see main character Takayuki Yagami investigate "the perfect crime", alongside his ex-Yakuza partner. Lost Judgement will be launching worldwide on Steptember 24th.

SamuraiOndo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so excited for this. I've only played the first 4 chapters of Judgment but this has given me the motivation to beat it

Reactions: k7ra
D

Deleted User

The thing I like about the Yakuza Franchise is that, aside from being fun games, they are Time Capsules of the prominent Japanese Crime and Action Actors of the current production cycle, whose Motion Captures are always fun to see.

I always wondered why the Grand Theft Auto Franchise doesn't employ a similar approach, so I am grateful Yakuza does.

Kazmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty awesome, though I still need to play Yakuzas 5, 6 and Like a Dragon before them.

D

Deleted User

F yes, I finally got around to beating Judgment just like a week ago. It's a very good game.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will likely come to pc, the first one hasn't yet for some reason... I want to blame the stadia deal for that one, but I don't know if that's why.

D

Deleted User

so going to be like this now,
Judgment Series will be the Action RPGs of the Series
and
the Normal Yakuza Series Will now Remain a Turn-Based RPG Series

Maybe, maybe not. They may even switch it around one day and have a Judgment rpg and another action based Yakuza.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
glad to see it's launching on ps4 as well.
the first game was really good and was a worthy successor of the Yakuza series. everything points to this being the same.
nice.

D

Deleted User

Seeing how they brought all the yakuza games on pc, and it seems they sold well, it's weird this isn't coming to the platform as well

Agreed, and it sucks for me I have a gaming PC and would buy it at full price day one, but other than that of the consoles it's coming to I only have two PS4s and they're both on exploitable firmwares so I can't play it. I'll eventually get a PS5 but don't know when.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Seeing as original game isn't on the platform either, maybe they don't see a point in releasing a sequel on a platform that doesn't have the first half of the story. After all, Yakuza also kickstarted itself on PC with a prequel+remake before Sega released everything else on the platform.

With that in mind, maybe Lost Judgment will get a PC port alongside the first game as a part of compilation? Gonna stay optimistic on that one.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over