ROM Hack [XY/ORAS/SM] Custom 3D Models / Textures Sharing Thread

Nawor3565

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I can't seem to find any info about this on Google, but is there a way to make pasts of a texture transparent? When I import into Ohana, it can see the transparency in the texture replacer, but once I hit replace it just ignores the alpha levesl and turns the transparent part white.

Last edited by Nawor3565,

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those textures are for ORAS but they can be imported to USUM. I suggest you watch some tutorials online , like this

You can have both of them , if you replace his textures with Lugia's shiny one. You will understand better when you watch the tutorial.

thanks I quickly watched it will need to watch it while I do it at same time later. hopefully I can figure it out im on A9LH or w.e not luma so hopefully its similar

edit: if I wanted to for instance do what I saw another member due to make a mega evolution. if I wanted to get mewtwo x and y for example, id have to edit the shiny to be one or the other right? is it possible to add a "NEW" pokemon so that I could technically get mewtwo, mewtwo y and mewtwo x for example?

Last edited by kasek,

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I quickly watched it will need to watch it while I do it at same time later. hopefully I can figure it out im on A9LH or w.e not luma so hopefully its similar
if you have a9lh then you have to have a cfw like luma (or a different cfw). I'd suggest switching because luma has a lot more features (built in game patching, built in screenshots, etc.)

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you have a9lh then you have to have a cfw like luma (or a different cfw). I'd suggest switching because luma has a lot more features (built in game patching, built in screenshots, etc.)
I do have CFW... dunno which one will have to figure that out I guess...

Nawor3565

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have CFW... dunno which one will have to figure that out I guess...
A9LH (Arm9LoaderHax) isn't a CFW, it's something that allows the 3DS to load CFW. There's a 99% chance that if you hacked your 3DS in the past year, you have Luma, because that's really the only CFW that's regularly updated anymore. But, you really should upgrade from A9LH to B9S (Boot9Strap) which, again, isnt a CFW, but it's the only thing compatible with the newest Luma versions which has the features MegaKyurem mentioned. Here's a guide: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A9LH (Arm9LoaderHax) isn't a CFW, it's something that allows the 3DS to load CFW. There's a 99% chance that if you hacked your 3DS in the past year, you have Luma, because that's really the only CFW that's regularly updated anymore. But, you really should upgrade from A9LH to B9S (Boot9Strap) which, again, isnt a CFW, but it's the only thing compatible with the newest Luma versions which has the features MegaKyurem mentioned. Here's a guide: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Thank you I will upgrade this weekend

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, how do you change the animations of pokemon? I've been trying to swap the regular animation with the floating one of bulbasaur (for lols) but I don't know which files to swap. for reference the file I'm using to change the animations is 00005.bin

Edit: I'm asking this because I noticed that the animations in TyranitarTube's sun randomizer are different then the normal ones.

Last edited by MegaKyurem,

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So once I get this all set up and want to make my own textures can you add extra guys? Like I want normal Charizard and then if I make shiny version into charizard x is there a way to put in charizard y as well?

Cenvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey there! I can't seem to find any info about this on Google, but is there a way to make pasts of a texture transparent? When I import into Ohana, it can see the transparency in the texture replacer, but once I hit replace it just ignores the alpha levesl and turns the transparent part white.

It depends on which format the textures are saved in, for example the clothing textures for Sun & Moon uses RGB565 which doesn't have any alpha channel only rgb.
Ohana3D probably converts it to a format without any alpha channel when you hit replace.

Cenvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
8udpc2B.png
OGK0dQA.png

VpFrw1T.png
nP8cI0G.png

A bikini top for S/M & US/UM, going for a maki lookalike but need the purple eye lenses.
Using the top from one of the swimmers.

Darkiceflame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been asked before or if this is even the place for it, but how would I go about injecting custom item sprites into Ultra Sun and Moon? I found the proper garc for it (a/0/6/1) but when I extract it all I get are .bin files which can be viewed by but not edited with Ohana3DS. Is there a special process for editing these?

For anyone wondering, I'm trying to edit the Jade Orb to more closely resemble the updated Red and Blue Orbs.

JadeOrb.png

Last edited by Darkiceflame,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.