XStylus - Ergonomic Pen for the Nintendo DS Lite

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Having telescopic styli around since a long time ago, I doubt this will even touch success.

And he talks about it as if it was an epic technologic advance.

Yea it should have been a metal retractable stylus nicely built with this feature which may be ~$10,00, but idk if he still can make it fit in the ds.

That would have been more reasonable...

His stylus being late for DS can still be used on 3DS...

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
KingVamp said:
Ramonra said:
Having telescopic styli around since a long time ago, I doubt this will even touch success.

And he talks about it as if it was an epic technologic advance.

Yea it should have been a metal retractable stylus nicely built with this feature which may be ~$10,00, but idk if he still can make it fit in the ds.

That would have been more reasonable...

His stylus being late for DS can still be used on 3DS...
Except I doubt people will go for this design when the included stylus itself can extend much longer, and is far more durable.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I prefer this
31WVtVpc4dL._AA300_.jpg

perfect fit for the ds lite, and it's only $6 shipped

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
$10,000 is very "ambitious" for a kickstarter project and for something that doesn't seem like it needs that amount.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this looks really flimsy! I wouldn't want to use this at all. The top bit of the stylus bends the middle all up and if you use your stylus in 'extended mode' a lot, it may break it in half easily.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pieman202 said:
$10,000 is very "ambitious" for a kickstarter project and for something that doesn't seem like it needs that amount.
You'd be surprised how much money you'd need for things like mass development/manufacturing and related processes.

elton_XStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi everyone, this is Elton, the guy in the video.

I am surprised that my small little pen will generate so much noise in this forum. I can see there are different comments on the XStylus, and I found many of them are due to misunderstanding to my project. Here, I will try my best to answer them:

@I like the idea, but $20 for a pen is too much, how about $10 or $15?
Thank you, the video was made to put onto Kickstarter.com (http://kck.st/XStylusNDSL) and there is a paragraph on the website to explain the reward for different amount of pledge. Obviously that paragraph didn't make it into this forum and created an illusion that I am selling the XStylus for $20. The truth is, $20 is for a set of TWO Xstyluses, which means it is only $10 each. You are very welcome to be a backer and order a set then share the extra one with your friend. I have updated the video accordingly.

@I already a metal retractable stylus which works fine.
Great, I glade that you are happy with your retractable stylus, may be that because you get used to it or may be that the best you can find on the market. But I wanted to tell you that you deserve something better and it is available now. To experience the comfort XStylus can provide, let take 1 minute and do a little experiment.

Materiel:
1. your favour stylus that can be stored inside the console
2. any kind of tape
3. a ruler
Instruction direction:
1. put the tape onto your stylus about 1 inch from the writing tip.
2. roll the tape around the stylus, don’t stop until your ruler measure the diameter of the stylus + tape is 8.5mm.
3. cut off the tape and put your thumb and index finger on the extended finger grip that you just made.
4. feel the difference.
5. try put the stylus back to the pen slot (No, you need a Xstylus to do that)
wink.gif

experiment.jpg

@3DS is at the corner, why would I want to invest on a dying console
According to Nintendo's annual report, they have sold more than 135million DS console. Not everyone has $300 to spend on the 3DS and throw away their good working DS console. Means that good game will still be available the DS from the developers until most of the 135million customers switched to 3DS. I don't know about you, but I am enjoying "Ghost Trick - Phantom Detective" on my DS Lite with XStylus now.

@metal is better, plastic is cheap, flimsy and easy to break
Well, not all plastics are the same, there are cheap and easy to break plastic (like ABS, used in many casing) and there are the more expensive one which is durable but yet flexible, (like the PC plastic which double the cost of ABS). XStylus is made of the later one. Metal is good in most of the occusion, but in a design like the XStylus, where the outer body is being scratch most of the time, you have to go with PC plastic. Sorry but XStylus is not flimsy at all.

@So if we invest in it, do we get a cut of the profit?
this is basically a campaign for people to pre order the pen

My post is getting a bit too long, I hope that I answered your question or solved the confusions. If you still have problem, you are very welcome to post it here and I will try my best to answer. For the one who think XStylus is cool, please back us up at http://kck.st/XStylusNDSL and don't for get to post it on FB or Twitter to let your friends know.
smile.gif

elton_XStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
KingVamp said:
Thanks for the info.

But I still think you should make a 3DS one.

The truth is we have been working on a 3DS version for awhile, we should be able to have the prototype ready in two weeks. In the mean time, would you be very kind and let all your friends know about the pre ordering of are NDSL XStylus? http://kck.st/XStylusNDSL. After all not everyone will jump onto the 3DS on the very first day of its release, right?

You support is appreciated!

Elton

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I won't be buying this myself, but It's a pretty cool thing to see a developer comment on feedback given to a product that they made.

I respect you, and I hope your endeavors are fruitful.

elton_XStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
TwinRetro said:
I won't be buying this myself, but It's a pretty cool thing to see a developer comment on feedback given to a product that they made.

I respect you, and I hope your endeavors are fruitful.

@TwinRetro Thanks for your support
smile.gif

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the comments and we are working 24/7 to improve the XStylus as well as the offer we are giving out.

Lots happened over the past 15 days and one of the things was that we’ve changed our manufacturer for the XStylus. With this new manufacturer, we are able maintain our standard of quality AND double the reward number of XStylus to our backers.

The new pre-order deal is $20 for 2 sets of XStylus (i.e. for $20, you will receive 4 styluses if this project succeeds). It averages to $5 per XStylus, and that puts us comparable to the prices of other NDSL styluses out there!

We have 15 days left in the project and please spread the word out to your friend.

Thank you once again for your help!

Elton
http://kck.st/XStylusNDSL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.