Hacking [xkey] network ISO loading command

v1n1p00h

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
YEAH! I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION! :toot:
As I thought, the @TreyTrent tutorial has some unclear steps that have been leading me to the wrong way. This is my contribution:

- My config:
xkey <--> 10/100/1000 non managed switch <--> Raspberry Pi 4 with Openmediavault 5 / shared folder called "share" (the name doesn't matter. Just write it properly on the next step), another folder inside the previous one called "games" (compulsory) with your ISOs inside / SMB1 enabled and xbox/xbox (user/password) created.

- My xkey.cfg file values:
SHARE=//192.168.1.5/share <-------JUST LIKE THIS
USER=xbox
PASSWD=xbox

- And the quid of the matter: If you load your games by an USB drive, the xkey simulates a Mixed media disc, then you can go to music player o picture viewer to "select" the ISO, BUT if you share your games by SMB/CIFS, you must go to a web browser, type your xkey IP to get to its web interface, and load your games from there (I didn't know that until today).

@godreborn thank you very much again for your guidance :yayone:
Hi juanmemo,

I am new to this thing, so please, bear with me. I have xk3y installed on my Xbox 360 and would like to access games on my Synology NAS via the purchased USB Ethernet adapter. I was trying to follow your instructions, but got stuck on getting the xkey IP address as I do not have the remote. I tried to set up static IP via WiFi menu in xkey.cfg to 192.168.1.200, but when I enter this address into browser, nothing shows up. Any help would be much appreciated. If it would help I can post the conetnt of my xkey.cfg file.

juanmemo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi juanmemo,

I am new to this thing, so please, bear with me. I have xk3y installed on my Xbox 360 and would like to access games on my Synology NAS via the purchased USB Ethernet adapter. I was trying to follow your instructions, but got stuck on getting the xkey IP address as I do not have the remote. I tried to set up static IP via WiFi menu in xkey.cfg to 192.168.1.200, but when I enter this address into browser, nothing shows up. Any help would be much appreciated. If it would help I can post the conetnt of my xkey.cfg file.
Hi @v1n1p00h. Sorry for the delay but I have just seen your question. It was a long time ago so I don't exactly remember my config (nowadays I have RGH on my Xbox 360). If you are still interested, I can open my console just to copy my xkey.cfg file and upload it to the forum.

v1n1p00h

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi juanmemo,
Thank you for replying to my request. If you can upload your xkey.cfg, that would be a great help.
In the meantime, I have managed to get dongle sort of working. I can access web interface, however, it stil does not show me my games from the shared drive. Interestingly, when I open it from the browser on my PC, the games show up. Any ideas?

juanmemo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi juanmemo,
Thank you for replying to my request. If you can upload your xkey.cfg, that would be a great help.
In the meantime, I have managed to get dongle sort of working. I can access web interface, however, it stil does not show me my games from the shared drive. Interestingly, when I open it from the browser on my PC, the games show up. Any ideas?
Sorry but I didn't remember I don't have a local backup of my xkey.cfg file (I don't know if there is a way to extract it from the xkey SD card). Anyway, you have reached the web interface so, what is the problem? The only thing you have to do is to click on the desired game and "open and close" the tray with you controller.

v1n1p00h

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi juanmemo,

My problem is that no games appear in the xkey web interface in my browser on Xbox itself, but I can see them appearing in the xkey web interface if I access it from my PC via network. And, juts in case, how do you open and close the tray with the controller?

juanmemo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi juanmemo,

My problem is that no games appear in the xkey web interface in my browser on Xbox itself, but I can see them appearing in the xkey web interface if I access it from my PC via network. And, juts in case, how do you open and close the tray with the controller?
That's because you have to access via your PC or mobile phone, not your Xbox browser. You have to stay at the main screen of the Xbox menu, select the game with your phone or PC and "simulate" to open and close the tray with the A button at your Xbox.

v1n1p00h

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi juanmemo,
You are a life saver!!!! :hrth::toot:

I thought I should start the game from the browser on Xbox itself! It was not clear from the tutorials I have seen online that games should be chosen from the browser on another device! It is working now! I was able to start the game by pressing the A button on the gamepad. Now it raises another question: Can I add cover arts to it? And one more, out of curiosity, accessing the games via xkey web interface on the Xbox itself was never intended?

juanmemo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi juanmemo,
You are a life saver!!!! :hrth::toot:

I thought I should start the game from the browser on Xbox itself! It was not clear from the tutorials I have seen online that games should be chosen from the browser on another device! It is working now! I was able to start the game by pressing the A button on the gamepad. Now it raises another question: Can I add cover arts to it? And one more, out of curiosity, accessing the games via xkey web interface on the Xbox itself was never intended?
From the main post:
"Known issues
• Covers are not mounted from a share. Workaround for this. Fix for this, and share mounted www folder, expected in a future firmware release."

As this is an unofficial working mode, there is no official documentation about it. I've never heard anything about accessing the games via the Xbox web interface. Anyway, for me it is easier to select the games from my phone browser.

Glad to have helped. :)

MiguelAngel_92

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am trying to configure my Xkey to load the ISOs from a samba server, I access the web correctly but when I click game list no game appears.
I am using DHCP reservation for xkey and the samba server is on a Raspberry Pi 4

This is the location of my games:
\\192.168.1.4\XKey\games\*.iso

My configuration is the following:

- Samba server:
[global]
server min protocol = NT1

[XKey]
comment = Juegos Xkey
path = /media/WDBLACKP10/Xbox_360/ISO
available = yes
browseable = Yes
guest ok = yes
read only = yes
write list = xbox

- Xkey:
SHARE=//192.168.1.4/XKey
USER=xbox
PASSWD=xbox

I don't know if the problem could be from the samba server or from the Xkey configuration, could someone help me?
I am Spanish and I am using a translator, forgive me if the text is not well written

Last edited by MiguelAngel_92,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_