hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi we sent of our console to
Code:
Teensy.co.uk
we received it back yesterday when trying the console , we have noticed that the drive does not open and we also advised the company that the console uses kinect , nothing seems to be working should this happen after the xk3y is connected , we have connected the people in question just waiting for there response thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Boot the 360 with the eject button.
That should open the DVD tray, but it shuts off the Xkey.
So everytime you want to use a disc in the console you'll need to boot it with the Eject button.
If you want to switch back to the Xkey then you can boot it with the powerbutton.

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for your reply we had a response from them and yes it works now by doing what you have said , this what else they have said eg:
[You just need to plug the xK3y remote in to the dongle and then your hard drive in to the remote. Games go on to the hard drive by just copying the ISO file in a folder in the root of the drive called ‘games’]
the xk3y did not come with a remote or a dongle i suppose this is a dongle for the internet they are saying about , there is something they put in the xbox that sticks out the back with a usb connection on it unless that is the xk3y , cant i just connect a external hard drive to the xk3y box and put the games the external hard drive that way
thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They should've connected the Xkey remote to it.
Without the Remote it might work...
I'm not entirely sure about it but the remote only chooses an ISO with hardware.

You can use ISOMenu to select games so you can try and plug it into the back of the 360 (where the Xkey adapter thing is.
But I'm not entirely sure about it.

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi thank you for your replys we have another response by email what they have said is this [
By dongle, I mean the black USB device that is plugged in to the back and by remote, I mean the controller with the screen and buttons on.}
so confusing if you dont know what you are doing

thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The dongle/remote/whatever those greedy "mod" bastards call it is needed for the Xkey yes.
Especially what pwnsincd just linked.

If MS really is going to block ISOMenu and ban people for it then I should get the remote yes.

Reactions: hards

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1_2_6.jpg

thank you for your replys would that only be on xbox live ? if not how can they detect if you are useing iso menu, i have connected the xk3y to the console and formatted a external hard drive to extfat when connecting hard drive to xk3y it finds the drive but no game folder , so i put the hard drive back on the computer and made a game folder up , connected it back to xk3y still no game folder , am i doing something wrong ? looks like i went to the wrong people again ,should the xbox console see the external drive as well or not , this is a picture of what they sent me thanks

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi thank you for your reply i have formatted the drive to NTFS put a folder on the drive and called it games or game , the xk3y see's the drive but not the folder , but if i format the drive to FAT32 it see's the folder but the console does not see the external drive either way i format the drive, if i copy a game through the pc to the external drive into the folder xk3y will see the game and play it , but i have no idea how to copy a game to external hard drive through xbox xk3y, what i have read about is that it seems that you have to copy the iso to the hard drive first then plug it into xk3y but if you format to NTFS why should it take hrs to copy 1 game and yet FAT32 only takes minutes , but why does it not see the folder ? i have no idea thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't cope 360 ISO's to a FAT32 HDD
Format it to NTFS, rename the folder to either GAMES or GAME (one of those two not both)
Then copy ISO's to the HDD via your PC.

Reactions: hards

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you for your reply is there anyway to compress the iso so i would get more on the external drive as it is only 500gb , would you know how to delete a game from the internal hard drive without format thanks

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you for your reply would this be for the xbox internal drive ?? if so how do you connect the xbox to the pc thanks for your help

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope this is for the external HDD on the Xkey.
The Internal drive of the 360 shouldn't be touched if you don't know what you're doing.

Just use the internal for savegames and DLC etc.

hards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you for your advice i saw this around when searching google is it ok to delete games like this on internal drive
Go to the Settings hub and choose System.
Select Storage.
Select Hard Drive.
Select Games.
Select the game that you want to delete.
Select Delete.

i was woundering would it be ok to do onto xbox live as the console is now thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes that's only for installed games.
Games on the Xkey can only be deleted via the PC.

Also, don't use ISOMenu if you want to connect to XBLive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf