Homebrew Xinput Driver?

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it possible to make Xinput devices work on Wii U, just like HID does?

I always see that Xinput is always the exception, and i get that it's because HID is the common thing and supported internally by default i think, as it's a USB thingy.
But Xinput (if i understand it right) is a driver layer, making the data you get with USB basically useless to work with and you need Xinput to handle the stuff.

Is it hard to make a driver for the Wii U, or maybe not really possible at all?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the reason you are asking about a Xinput use on wii u is cause you have only xbox controllers with no intention of using others (like ps3 or ps4 which is told to work with the HID to Vpad), there is a such thing as controller converters. I'm not sure what the reason behind asking is to make a driver or requesting one to use, but just letting you know that. Probably the reason why it hasn't been done is cause is not a more common format, mostly associated with windows, rather than many other systems.:unsure:

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I prefer Xbox 360 and One controllers over any other that's basically the question.
As the One controller has Bluetooth i assume that would make it possible to connect to the Wii U via that which would be really neat.

As for converters, i am not familiar with any, i actually tried searching for it.

And yeah clearly XInput is a Windows thing, is just sad that such a great controller has to be limited cause of the damn driver thing xD

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I understand that Xbox controllers can work on Nintendont through an adapter;
  • CronusMax adapter (for Xbox 360 wired controller)
  • CronusMax adapter + Xbox360 PC adapter (for Xbox 360 wireless controller)
Now since Nintendont is considered a VirtualWii app and not fully Wii U, I wouldn't know if the same adapters could allow Xinput to run on Wii U apps such as lets say Retroarch for example. It would be interesting to know if anyone has had any success with said adapters on the Wii U side of things.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wii U can read the normal raw input like Window can right?
Cause there you can atleast obtain button clicks very simple, and also the R/L sticks, and i think triggers as well.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah no worries, i didn't even think of it that way as it was just a neutral answer:d

Would be awesome if someone could do it, i assume one could atleast partly do it with the hid input stuff, but when it comes to stuff like rumble and what not, i got no clue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn