XF lawsuit is over, at last

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by WiiUBricker, Feb 28, 2013.

Feb 28, 2013
  1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    People who were concerned whether or not it was the right decision for gbatemp to migrate to xenforo due to the uncertain future of this software can stop worrying as the nearly 3 years long lawsuit is now officially over. Internet Brands (vBulletin) has been beat and development will resume in the coming weeks.

So expect fresh new features in the future for gbatemp!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I don't think anybody was scared.

If something really is cut-and-dry, the case is over really quickly (hell, I've been called into courthouses as a witness only for things to not get past the initial screening because there was no real case, somebody was just being a butthurt bitch so the preliminary judge tossed it out).

When somebody lasts years it's often because of really shady/unclear claims that take a while to actually look into (partially what happened here), or somebody's being a little bitch and purposely stalling (see most divorce cases lasting years because one party refuses to show up anywhere, or Jack Thompson taking so many years to actually get disbarred).

DinohScene and The Catboy like this.
  3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Well there was a good chance that Xenforo would have come up short in this lawsuit as everybody knows that IB used dirty time tactics. XenForo was a very young company with limited resources where IB is a giant with lots of money. The xenforo forums literally blew up today.

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    I didn't knew a thing about it .__.
    But ohwell.

Nothing of value has been lost I guess?

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Thank God, now where are my medals?