Hacking Xenoblade X save game disc->Usb

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys so I moved my xeno save and update to my usb hdd, then I installed a copy of Xeno to my usb.

The original save was from my disc, it won't load on usb, the installed Xeno is not a dump from my disc it's an nus job. No rednand just nus+wup installer.

1.) If I insert and play my disc will it a.)run at all
B.)do anything unpleasant
C.)even load the original save..

2.) Is it now too late to use saviine as I've installed to usb before dumping my save. Could i possibly delete the usb game data leaving the save, move to internal (its original home) use saviine and disc etc..I'd prefer not to have to delete the usb data, it was a nightmare to get and I didn't save a backup.

Many many thanks yall

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
My save from XCX disk was already on the USB (updates >10GB and my WiiU is 8GB), then I install the NUS+WUPInstaller "eshop" version and the save loads perfect.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah. Only thing you have to make sure when installing a game on USB and you already have a save from disc, is that the save is saved on same target. I fucked up around, had my save for super mario 3D world on USB, but I used one of the buggy installers for my first install which did not install on USB even when instructed so, so I ended up having the game and some old stuff on Sysnand, copied it without thinking and had wiped my save out. But now it is just make sure your save is on USB as well and just install, since "under the title" of one game saves, game data and patch data is kept separate. Heck, universal and personal save data is also kept separat in the data management too.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup this was driving me nuts the other day; The WiiU doesn't let you only copy save data over, so let's say:

Save Data on SYSTEM NAND

Install game on USB

Copying Save Data to USB -> Overwrites the game on USB cuz it sees it all the same, as "Mario Kart 8" or "WindWaker HD" in my case

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd already moved the save to usb before installing, it's there alongside data and update in xenoblades install, it just wont load

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try using saviine to dump the save from the disc version and inject the save to the usb one

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-inject-loadiine-saves-to-system-usb-video.445689/

hmm sounds like you lost or corrupted that save when you moved it back.
Would a corrupted save simply not load at all, I assumed saviine required you to load the save first to dump it and I can't seem to load mine at all.

I'm thinking I'm buggered my other games worked fine :(

D

Deleted User

I assumed saviine required you to load the save first to dump it and I can't seem to load mine at all.
Saviine runs before the game itself is even launched (but after you press the game's button on the Wii U Menu). So if Saviine can dump it, you're still in luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro