Gaming Xenoblade release date bumped up on August 19th.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOD, YES! I'M SO DAMNED LUCKY!

Now when I fly to India, and stop in Europe for a transfer flight, I can go pick this up!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Perfect timing too, I land in Europe on August 20th XDXDXD

But as for Pandora's Tower and The Last Story... I'll pirate those damn dames in NoA doesn't release them. I'm only buying Xenoblade to support NoE, as they are awesome, even though they seem to be taunting NA Nintendo fans with this release bumped up...

D

Deleted_171835

WiiBricker said:
NoE and NoA are competitors. NoA doesn't make a single buck if people buy NoE products and vice versa.
They aren't competitors. They release games to their region. Nintendo of Europe doesn't profit off people in North America and vice versa.

Anyways, I do wish Nintendo of America would consider releasing Xenoblade here. I suppose I'll have to pirate this.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jehuty25 said:
NoE=Gawds

I'll definitely be "importing" this.
I know right?
http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1180664p1.html
Europe is catching up since a few ywars. Even I noticed too. NoE is making sure EU get games earlier. See Pokemon Black and White, Europe got them first. Same thing for Loz: OoT 3D.
RegionExclusivesHighRes_1309992141.jpg

GamesEuropeGotFirstHighRes_1309992183_640w.jpg

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Goli said:
aminemaster said:
bow.gif
NoE
bow.gif

now THIS is a reason i should put my wii instead of the ps2
Yeah Wii has Xenoblade which is an amazing game...
But PS2 has Xenosaga I, II and III.
actually there's a reason why i bought the ps2 i didn't know the gamecube was there and i had a ps1 before it has such exileharating games(it simply amazed me with that bundled kh1 from the beginning)

D

Deleted_171835

WiiBricker said:
Yes they are competitors. Anyone who knows something about this business knows it.
I don't see how they are competitors. Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe aren't competitors. They target their region but they are both part of the same company, Nintendo.
I understand that the European division of Sony are competitors with Nintendo of Europe but to say that the same company is competing against itself seems illogical to me.
If I'm wrong, I would prefer if you explained why.

Kanenden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SoulSnatcher said:
WiiBricker said:
Yes they are competitors. Anyone who knows something about this business knows it.
I don't see how they are competitors. Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe aren't competitors. They target their region but they are both part of the same company, Nintendo.
I understand that the European division of Sony are competitors with Nintendo of Europe but to say that the same company is competing against itself seems illogical to me.
If I'm wrong, I would prefer if you explained why.

International Company Business 101 :
Try to imagine the difference between external competition (Nintendo vs. Sony) and internal competition (NoE vs. NoA).
Let's compare it with team sports : A whole team will do its best to win the game, but there's often a MVP, and even if they do a common effort, there's always an individual will of winning, to be the 1st, to get more popularity, to receive more money, etc. They're competiting with other teams, but there's an internal competition, for personal interests.

It's always a way to rise up competition between the different sections of the same company in multiple countries, by setting different business goals, permitting one to release earlier advantages (in this case, games), and such trying to raise the sales.
By this simple way of management, they could say later : "See, America, Europe got better results than you on this target. Now, you have to do better, if you want to have a big surprise money candy."

It's not a question of global numbers in total sales, but to see if each section reached the goal set by the Big Boss.
It's this kind of "competitors", not as different companies trying to get more customers from the others, but as racers of the same team trying to be the best, in the sole purpose of impressing the HQ (known here as Nintendo Japan).
With this, it's not important if NoA sold millions more than NoE, if they didn't get to the "magical number of copies" arbitrarily decided by Nintendo Japan.
If NoE gets better results than NoA, they can get praises (and maybe promotion inside NoE), bonus checks, and try to have more advantages.
Of course, I may be wrong with Nintendo ways of making business, but it's pretty much the global idea of competition within the same company around the world.

I hope this helps you to understand.
____

BTW : GREAT NEWS ! Thanks for the info.

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Romain29 said:
i wonder if the game is playable with a Gamecube controller,i hate wiimote/nunchuck
It is at least playable with the classic controller as this also comes in a wii/classic controller pro/xenoblade bundle
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv