Hacking Xenoblade PAL version

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any USB Loaders run this game? I've tried 4 and none work. I get to the screen that says "Reading Disk" and it hangs... Using 249 v56 I believe. All other games I've tried work.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe they need to get updated first, maybe theres a little bit more ap in this last great hit for the wii.

also, go pay money for it

bloodbend3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
maybe they need to get updated first, maybe theres a little bit more ap in this last great hit for the wii.

also, go pay money for it

he probably has a US Wii and can't buy it. he can't even import it cause fricken Wii is region-locked. now if there is some way to buy the game disc and play it on a US Wii, then that's another story (and if there is, i'd like to hear it).

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as per quote from my private trackers comments.
QUOTE said:
i cannot make it work on Wiiflow or USB Loader GX. I am running an old version of cios, can't remember which one, as it has been months since I have used my wii. When I load it, it says Reading Disc, then pops up with the error had occured screen

EDIT: Made it work using Hermes CIOS 223, woo!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
bloodbend3r said:
He probably has a US Wii and can't buy it. He can't even import it cause fricken Wii is region-locked. Now if there is some way to buy the game disc and play it on a US Wii, then that's another story (and if there is, i'd like to hear it).
I quote the OP of this post:
QUOTEDo any USB Loaders run this game? I've tried 4 and none work.
So, obviously he's already hacked. Now, there are two things that he can do:

Import Game from one of the various sites that offer this service,
  • Rip it with one of his USB-Loaders, force a correct Videomode (*this may not work, but until know, only Pikmin 2 is a problem game, afaik. Also, this user already has it working), done, enjoy.
  • Install Startpatch, or Priiloader, or use Banana Hacks to disable the Region-Lock, and use GeckoOS if you have problems with the colors (again, force a videomode), done, enjoy.
See, there's no reason not to buy it. Only if you are a dirty pirate and don't care about an US-Release for the other, legitimate users there (simply put, you're a di*k). Oh, and the best part: Until you recieve your legal copy which will fill you with pleasure, probably all Loaders will have the game working.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody else having the game hang on the loading screen after selecting new game. It never stops loading, how should does it normally take?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've read various report that the game is working fine in config and GX. So it's certainly the settings.

Did you try to Force NTSC? as it's a PAL game, maybe you need to force the output video to NTSC.
Or force the game to select PAL signal included in the game instead of the console default.
Also, other users said they made it work with Hermes cIOS (223, but didn't give the base. Try base57). D2x base56 is also working. (read the release thread, there are various contradictory reports, but they didn't told their video settings)

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
For once, I'm so glad I live in the UK
smile.gif

Downloading (slowly) and will be purchasing this weekend

SilentEvoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to transfer the iso to my hard drive...

I'm using Wii Backup Manager by the way and every time I load the iso, it says "file added" but I don't see it appearing on the left side and having a check box. It's odd too that the filename is colored in red on the right side after loading the iso. Any help would be appreciated.

SilentEvoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't have any errors apparently:

14:05:46 Add Files Open dialog shown
14:05:49 Add Files Open dialog returned true
14:05:50 AddFilesThread Thread started
14:05:50 AddFilesThread File count 1
14:05:51 AddFilesThread Valid discs found 0
14:05:51 AddFilesThread Thread terminated

I'm actually kinda new to this.

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me.

I am stuck on the Reading Disk screen. I've tried a bunch of different USB loaders and I get the same result on all of them.

Now I am not that fluent with the scene so please help me out.

How do I switch to CIOS 223 Hermes? I'm not sure if I even have it installed. In the USB loaders I goto the config option for the game and have selected IOS 249, 222,223,224 ect with the same result. Is this how you switch to CIOS? When I load CFG USB loader the numbers on the bottom right corner show V70 and IOS 249. In the Homebrew Channel, it says I'm running IOS 70.

Again, I'm at a loss. All my other games works. I have a WBFS partition on my USB drive.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SilentEvoker said:
It doesn't have any errors apparently:

14:05:46 Add Files Open dialog shown
14:05:49 Add Files Open dialog returned true
14:05:50 AddFilesThread Thread started
14:05:50 AddFilesThread File count 1
14:05:51 AddFilesThread Valid discs found 0
14:05:51 AddFilesThread Thread terminated

I'm actually kinda new to this.
The program doesn't recognize your game content/partition.

@Starzboy : Do not post the same message multiple time in many topic.
Just pick one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1