HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sephy - Try again now, I think I added you correctly this time

limit - It's going to need to be a bit of both. I can't have a million words for every translation so I will need to work on shortening things up, which I will do as we continue to revise and make second/third drafts. But there are some limits that simply can't be worked around without overly simplifying things to the point that it's painfully dull, or just scrapping the japanese entirely and making something up so it fits.

Linkzeror - fucking nice! Great job, keep probing! Find it all!

Linkzeror2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I just have some news today, i have extracted all common.pkb files and i found much more
interesting game files: (thanks to zeforte tool)

Common.pkb Guide:

-JNL_kizunalist: it the bond event title.
-MNU_arts/tag: all arts description of the arts menu.
-MNU_buff: it's about battle information like "berserk", poison etc. (buff the buff thing - button "+" on battle)
-MNU_item_mes_a/b: it's all weapons/armors description and collectibles too. (like treasures, items etc)
-MNU_playaward: all the trial and record information. (for the awards menu)
-MNU_PSlink/skil: all about ability and description.
-MNU_scenario: it's the story memo guide.
-MNU_skill: other skills i dont know????
-MNU_ttrl: it's tutorial title (for the tutorial menu)

-also there are all 365 quest divided into game location.

61716771.jpg

@iamatmylimit ill send you a pm for the dap files

EDIT:

Info About where are the fuck*ng cut-scene script

i am sure, the cut scene script are inside script.pkb (for sure) because have the same file name for the cutscene dub folder
i mean:

inside the EV folder -> realtime
there are many files named vs00xxxx.adx/.rev (X = some number id) etc

script.pkb files have inside vs00xxxx files, i think they are connected in some way.
I think, this are the subtitles for the event scene because vs00xxxx.adx is the japan dub

example script.pkb:
inside you can see something like this:

//=====================================================
// vs11160100.txt ???????tfile
//=====================================================
chr pc010109
chr pc020109
chr pc050109
chr pc060109
chr pc070109
chr pc040109

it seems, there are files .txt compressed inside, and the text are used for some characters whit that ID(pc0xxx)
also vs11160100 is inside the realtime folder.

i hope someone find a way to extract the cut scene script, because .txt cant be extracted right now.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Linkzeror2 i got your pm but not all files are extracted...check your pm....i think the script you sent was to extract whats inside the .dap file but im trying to extract whats inside .pkb so i can get the dap,lod,bdat etc....

story text is not in ahx.pkb as i found out thats just the voice overs/voice clips.........using a program called ahx2wav i dragged and dropped ahx.pkb over it and around 3000 wav files came out so...it converted the ahx files to wav files which can be played using any media player....i also used another program called adXtract2 over adx.pkb and out came 131 adx (audio) files....i believe you found the script and its in script.pkb...but i cant unpack script.pkb or map.pkb.thats why i pm..........

Linkzeror2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
110.jpg

today i made some test with the arts file of common.pkb and zeforte tool,
but the game remove words, have some "space limit" even if you repoint the text begin/end..
like you see, you cant write so much..
sad.gif

new info, ahx.pkb (the remain unknown file) inside have character act DUB, yes .wav sound files
so npc script and cut-scene, must be 99,99% inside script.pkb.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@linkzero read my post above you.i agree with you....lol....that quickbms script isnt working for me though...

can someone post a tutorial to open map.pkb,common.pkb etc? ...i can open adx.pkb,ahx.pkb and all .arc files...but not those pkb i mentioned.even if someone else can open them,i want to be able to do it myself..........falo wrote a script here but i cant get his script to work...it should extract the bdat,lod,dap etc files

i want a tutorial not a link to xentax,thats not a tutorial....thats assuming you already know quickbms and or scripting which i dont....like what are the requirements for quickbms?what os are you using if you are able to extract those files?i already posted how to open the adx,ahx 2 posts back using programs so you dont have to make up scripts....and if anyone needs ill post pictures/video.this is the kind of help im asking.

here are 2 pictures to show the error i am getting using quickbms...

error 1

error 2

Linkzeror2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
iamatmylimit said:
@linkzero read my post above you.i agree with you....lol....that quickbms script isnt working for me though...

can someone post a tutorial to open map.pkb,common.pkb etc? ...i can open adx.pkb,ahx.pkb and all .arc files...but not those pkb i mentioned.even if someone else can open them,i want to be able to do it myself..........falo wrote a script here but i cant get his script to work...it should extract the bdat,lod,dap etc files

i want a tutorial not a link to xentax,thats not a tutorial....thats assuming you already know quickbms and or scripting which i dont....like what are the requirements for quickbms?what os are you using if you are able to extract those files?i already posted how to open the adx,ahx 2 posts back using programs so you dont have to make up scripts....and if anyone needs ill post pictures/video.this is the kind of help im asking.

here are 2 pictures to show the error i am getting using quickbms...

error 1

error 2

The @falo guide is simple
to open every .pkb you'll need the corrisponding ".pkh file"

Expample:
if you want open map.pkb, you'll need the header file = the "map.pkh" file (h is the header i suppose)

TUTORIAL: How to Extract each .PKB Files

1-every header (pkh) file you need is inside the static.arc (extract all of them)
2-make a folder of the .pkb you want extract, example we want extract map.pkb, let's create a "map" folder.
3-inside map folder put map.pkb and map.pkh
4-Now create a file .txt with this script inside:

endian big

Open FDDE PKH 1

get Temp long 1 # always 0x00FE1200
get Temp long 1
get ofsHashTable long 1 # not sure, HashTable or FileIDTable
get FileSize long 1
get numFiles long 1

set ofsSizeTable numFiles
set ofsOffsetTable numFiles

math ofsSizeTable *= 8
math ofsOffsetTable *= 2

math ofsSizeTable += ofsHashTable
math ofsOffsetTable += ofsSizeTable

for i = 0 < numFiles
goto ofsHashTable 1
get Hash long 1 # not sure, Hash or FileID
get Temp long 1 # always 0x0
goto ofsSizeTable 1
get Size short 1
goto ofsOffsetTable 1
get Offset long 1

math Size *= 2048
math Offset *= 2048

# use hash/fileid as filename
set Name Hash
set FileExt ".dat"

# get FileExt
goto Offset
get FileID long

if FileID = 1437218861 # Nintendo ARC (U8)
set FileExt ".arc"
endif
if FileID = 1651664243 # Nintendo BRRES
set FileExt ".brres"
endif
if FileID = 2142000 # Nintendo TPL
set FileExt ".tpl"
endif
if FileID = 1264144384 # Xenoblade KYP -> BRRES Archive
set FileExt ".kyp"
endif
if FileID = 1835229440 # Xenoblade MCA
set FileExt ".mca"
endif
if FileID = 1145131057 # Xenoblade DAP1
set FileExt ".dap"
endif
if FileID = 1280263241 # Xenoblade LODI
set FileExt ".lod"
endif

string Name += FileExt

log Name Offset Size

# next file, increase all offsets
math ofsHashTable += 8
math ofsSizeTable += 2
math ofsOffsetTable += 4
next i

CleanExit
save and exit the .txt
5-load quickbms.exe
6-choose the .txt you have just created
7-choose the PKB file you want extract (go in map folder end click on map.pkb)
remeber to have alway the header in the same folder.. (.pkh)
8-choose the extraction destination, my advise is just to click SAVE and all the file will be extracted on the same folder.

have fun
yaywii.gif

@iamatmylimit for the .dap files use the script i've sent to you.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Linkzeror2 - ...it worked...thats a comprehensive tutorial........i spent many hours trying to figure it out....thanks...hopefull we can move forward since we are learning so much.....i will do a video tutorial as well cause this is really usefull.....

by the way if you found some text/.xls files already pm HisshouBuraiKen or upload them somewhere so he can put them in order/begin translating some of them...we can worry about putting them back inside after....

all the scripts work
grog.gif

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iamatmylimit said:
by the way if you found some text/.xls files already pm HisshouBuraiKen or upload them somewhere so he can put them in order/begin translating some of them...we can worry about putting them back inside after....

all the scripts work
grog.gif

Sweet. Yeah get me those files and I'll put them on google for me and sephy.

I've got some more stuff working like the skill line names but still missing the descriptions and still needing more chars
tongue.gif
There's definitely room! I'm sure we'll have to go back and revise things but until we can get the game to show longer strings this won't really be a "complete" translation.

As for repacking things, Zeforte should be able to find the time to tweak his code to repack things into another file besides static.arc. Or maybe he can up the source? You guys should PM him and see if he can at least do that when he has a spare couple of hours, just tell him what you need.

Keep up the good work! And I still need a save from the end of the game!

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@HisshouBuraiKen - ya im gonna pm zeforte tomorrow....if hes really busy with school or doesnt intend on finishing this project with us then maybe he can give a tutorial on his packer/unpacker for static.arc or give use the sourcecode to his tools so we can modify it to work with .pkb files if he doesnt have the time to do it......his name will go in the credits,thank you's anytime its used...

im making video tutorials tomorrow from what ive learned and falo,Linkzeror2,zeforte are going are gonna be thanked in some form...falo didnt finish this but he left us his script which we can use to finish what he started.im hoping zeforte can do the same.

@Linkzeror2 - ...thats good your working on an italian translation.....ill keep posting anything i find,learn...if you used zefortes tool and got any more text even if its not much post it so we can work on the english one while you work on italian one.i saw that picture you posted.thats cool...we have the same space problem though....

Linkzeror2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
As for repacking things, Zeforte should be able to find the time to tweak his code to repack things into another file besides static.arc. Or maybe he can up the source? You guys should PM him and see if he can at least do that when he has a spare couple of hours, just tell him what you need.
Keep up the good work! And I still need a save from the end of the game!

The only file with text are static.arc (you can use zeforte tool) common.pkb (zeforte tool works in other way.. but works good, i just tried) and map.pkb but the bdat.bin files can't be repacked right now.
there aren't other files with text.

QUOTE(iamatmylimit @ Feb 12 2011, 07:49 AM) @HisshouBuraiKen - ya im gonna pm zeforte tomorrow....if hes really busy with school or doesnt intend on finishing this project with us then maybe he can give a tutorial on his packer/unpacker for static.arc or give use the sourcecode to his tools so we can modify it to work with .pkb files if he doesnt have the time to do it......his name will go in the credits,thank you's anytime its used...

@Linkzeror2 - ...thats good your working on an italian translation.....ill keep posting anything i find,learn...if you used zefortes tool and got any more text even if its not much post it so we can work on the english one while you work on italian one.i saw that picture you posted.thats cool...we have the same space problem though....

@iamatmylimit thx, but the zeforte tool works only with file who have bdat.bin files inside, so only for static.arc and common.pkb (map.pkb it's more complex)
anyway all we have to use we got.
The last thing is to find a way to extract npc and cutscene script from script.pkb because no one will play a jrpg game without know the story...

anyway guys been doing a good job (for sure), i hope someone coming to help your work
by the way it seems no one is interested in this project -.- besides 2-3 people (im wrong?)

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Linkzeror2 - ya i noticed that too.....like different people read this topic but only 2-3 are working on this or are interested.....maybe thats why falo never finished....i think the game is unknown and if more people knew how good it was then there would be more interest....because the game is only in japan it is not advertise at all in the us so no one knows about it....a lot of good games did not become known till they got translated such as the tales games....

what do you mean you can get it out other way?you changed the file name or something in zeforte tool?its probably cause common.pkb has bin file easy to reach but map.pkb has it in .dap...

Gundark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by interested people? Interested to help, or interested to see the game translated? I lack knowledge to be of any help to you guys, but if it makes a difference i am sure that there are lots of people like me that would realy like to play this game in English.
Thank you for your effort, and please continue.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there are plenty of people interested, but I'm mainly doing this for fun. If we actually get everything we need, finish it, then advertise I'm sure plenty of people will suddenly come out of the woodwork.

I did the collection items and a bunch of landmarks, but the landmarks aren't working right - the order's all messed up and the map isn't showing the right labels. Can someone re-up landmarklist.xls from a virgin static.arc?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like am0s and gundark said im DYING to be able to play this game in english and i read this thread everyday monitoring progress. id like to help but i dont know japanese and wouldnt be of much help
frown.gif
i hope you guys get more help.
i saw that HisshouBuraiKen made a post at XeNTax.com (http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=39728)
a few guys there seemed interested in fixing the space problems you are having with the text.(Forte, redyoshi, Polefish)??
maybe you can PM them and see if they want to help. they probably dont even know about your project. im sure most people dont unless you have been talking about it much in other forums. the people must know!!! i hope you guys keep making progress, thanks a lot for your efforts!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@seam - ya HisshouBuraiKen and sephy are translating well but our hacker kinda dissappeared so we have story scripts and cut scene scripts we cant get to/repack....its like we gotta learn how to do that from scratch unless our hacker(zeforte) puts a tutorial or at least a script like falo did.at least we will have something to work with......

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya i pm falo already...awaiting replies from either of them....if theres no reply within a few days ill start messaging people looking for a coder/programmer starting with the dolphin forums which makes the most sense....then xentax,irc etc...........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto