tongue.gif

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to make it easier i made 2 folders.one with zefortes tools and everything ready and i made a copy of that in the same location so i have tools and copy of tools.....i play around with the copy of tools and when i see an error i just make another copy.....

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
naw man thank you and zeforte....you made the translation...i had a lot of fun packing and unpacking and changing words and seeing it on screen when you play the game..i was like wow....

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
FullMetalEngineer said:
I love seeing the community band together like this, keep up the great work
biggrin.gif

/hopes captain rainbow is still being translated
I'm hoping for Captain Rainbow as well...

It seems TLS got a release date on America (July) but still no release date for Xenoblade/Monado. I'd really love to play this game (and I'd help if I knew Kanji/hacking).

Sephy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ardw.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Sure!

All the quest ones (do what you can, if you have web access you can cross reference the FAQ websites to refresh your memory what the quest is about)
pctalk_02.xls (the banter when you're taking quests)
JNL_relatelist.xls (the bond graph relationships)
ene_arts.xls
BTL_PSVskill.xls

I started working on ene_arts.xls. I'll upload it to Google Docs when I'm done with the whole thing!
I'm afraid, though, that I don't have access to editing the files on Google Docs yet.

Sephy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ardw.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iamatmylimit said:
zeforte said to pm him and he would add you as a translater....did you pm him?
Yup! Well, maybe it'll work tomorrow.
smile.gif
I should have ene_arts.xls done by then (I'm at entry 843 of 1082 now).
There are a few enemy art names for which I couldn't come up with anything at all, and another few where I'm not yet 100% happy with the translation. But I'll point them out when I update the whole list and maybe someone else will come up with better ideas for those few gaps. Other than that it went quite well, apart from the length issue, of course, but I think for now I'll stick to HisshouBuraiKen's plan to do the first draft as longer translations and shorten them later if there is no length solution.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@HisshouBuraiKen - i added all your updates from googledocs and checked them one by one and only 1 file is giving me the freezes(MNU_item)....i dont want to change anything since your the translater.so its up to date....untill i add what sephy has done..tomorrow ill search for the story text.

Sephy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ardw.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As of now, the Google Docs are still "View Only" for me, so I just uploaded the file to my Dropbox:
ene_arts.xls

As said before, there're some enemy arts for which I haven't found a good translation or where I'm not yet 100% happy with the translation. So you're all welcome to add your own suggestions or corrections.

I racked my brains (to no avail) on the following three attacks by Egil:
???
???
???
I found that the first two are also used in talking about a certain karate style in which you have "hard" direct attacks and "soft" attacks including throws (fittingly, ??? causes ??). The third one, on the other hand seems to seal your arts (cf. this page for the effects of the three attacks). But translating the first and second one as something like "Hard Style" and "Soft Style" doesn't sound like a good idea to me: I doubt that many people would realize the reference to the Karate style. Also: they are attacks, after all, whereas calling them Hard or Soft Style sounds like Egil would change to a certain attack pattern, and soft style doesn't imply in any way the ?? effect it causes (unless you're familiar with the Karate style and get the actual reference to the "soft" throwdown techniques). But I couldn't come up with anything else, either. Any ideas for these three?
wink.gif

Anyways, don't be afraid to criticize any translation you don't like and/or suggest better ones. Knowing the language is one thing, but translating something from a game is a first to me (well, almost, I translated the RPG Maker horror game Ao Oni last year
biggrin.gif
) and I find it quite different from talking or reading Japanese or translating Japanese stories / texts. But I find it interesting, challenging and certainly want to continue helping the project.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey sephy good work....the ones you didnt know i wont touch.lets see what HisshouBuraiKen says....ill add what you did so far to a rar so its easier to know whats up to date.....

This is HisshouBuraiKen (all of his translations) and sephy's ene_arts list up till now with the help of Zeforte's tools.....keep in mind they will most likely be rivising so things will change and this is still a test/beta.But a lot is translated (menu's)

follow the turtorials i already posted on page 6 but use these links instead of what i have on my videos to get the files...Credit to Zeforte,HisshouBuraiKen,Sephy

Matrix21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iamatmylimit said:
Hey sephy good work....the ones you didnt know i wont touch.lets see what HisshouBuraiKen says....ill add what you did so far to a rar so its easier to know whats up to date.....

This is HisshouBuraiKen (all of his translations) and sephy's ene_arts list up till now with the help of Zeforte's tools.....keep in mind they will most likely be rivising so things will change and this is still a test/beta.But a lot is translated (menu's)

the xls files themselves if you want to do it yourself
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6X2QIPCC

the static.arc (files already inside)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P2JIWHDX

follow the turtorials i already posted on page 6 but use these links instead of what i have on my videos to get the files...Credit to Zeforte,HisshouBuraiKen,Sephy

Thanks for the updates, guides and links you post, Limit and thanks to Zeforte for giving everyone an easier way to actually make this happen. Everyone has done an amazing job so far.

Just want to say thank you to all involved, not being able to contribute myself, I can at least give my thanks and let you all know your work is very much appreciated. Hisshou done some great translating work and cheers to Sephy as well.

Keep up the great work and if I can help without having to translate, I will.
grog.gif

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sephy - I added you to the google docs, are you signed into google with the email you gave me? If not let me know, or just sign up for gmail and I'll add you again. I think I have the ability to do that.

I fixed some of the stuff on MNU_item, try it again and see if it works. It worked ok for me on dolphin except for the roman numerals, which all ended up as ? So i took a guess and just put in 1-6. We'll see if it works.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
go to the right where it says wiimote

input source = set to emulated wiimote

emulated wiimote = click configure

extension = (far right bottom) set it to nunchuck then click configure

it just means you need nunchuck attached to play..unless im wrong

set your buttons using either a usb controller or keyboard....im not using real wii controller either

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ HisshouBuraiKen - your right,your file is fixed...i found some text in hbm.arc but its not related to the story or cut scene :/ ill keep searching........

what do you think will be easier like shortening the text that doesnt fit or asking a coder to make the long lines accepted somehow?we may be asking too much work from zeforte and/or other people.....im also in school and know how hard it is to concentrate when you got exams....

Linkzeror2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
iamatmylimit said:
@ HisshouBuraiKen - your right,your file is fixed...i found some text in hbm.arc but its not related to the story or cut scene :/ ill keep searching........

im searching text script too, and i made a guide
i hope this help:

EDIT:

Xenoblade Iso Guide

Iso Files:
adx.pkb -> have 131 .adx "All Game OST music file" (1.00GB)
ahx.pkb -> inside have character act DUB, yes .wav sound files. (No Cut-scene Script)
bannertexture.tpl -> Xenoblade logo/banner (No Cut-scene Script)
chr.pkb -> 1.500 .brres 3d model files, for all the characters, npc, etc and some .kyp - .mca files (No Cut-scene Script)
common.pkb -> [TEXT]: All quest - Story memo - All Ability desc. (No Cut-scene Script)
eff.pkb -> spell effect in .tpl inside .dat files (No Cut-scene Script)
font.pkb -> just the game font (No Cut-scene Script)
hbm.arc -> Home button text, and wii "error" script (No Cut-scene Script)
icontexture.tpl -> just characters icon (No Cut-scene Script)
map.pkb -> [TEXT]: Some action, and minor people speech, and all the 3d map model .brres and texture (No Cut-scene Script)
menu.pkb -> around 328 .arc archive (contain tutorial game-images, menu screens) and .tpl like maps, icons (No Cut-scene Script)
obj.pkb -> up to 380 .brres 3d model object, like mountain etc for the game map (No Cut-scene Script)
opening.bnr -> icon,banner (No Cut-scene Script)
snd.pkb -> sound effect .brsar inside .dat files (No Cut-scene Script)
static.arc -> [TEXT]: Game base script, menu, name, etc script (No Cut-scene Script)
work.pkb -> some game structure file in .dat file only (No Cut-scene Script)

Iso Folder: Event (1.63 GB)
Ev -> realtime
-a lot .ADX files = Japanese dub of the game/characters voice act.
-.SFD MOVIE files - cutscene = like staff roll, opening, game ending.
-.REV = recovery volume for the jp dub.

-----------------

toot.gif
grog.gif
ohmy.gif

UNKNOWN: REMAIN FILES:

script.pkb -> maybe are here ? around 1.400 files ?? (MAYBE)

Sephy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ardw.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Sephy - I added you to the google docs, are you signed into google with the email you gave me? If not let me know, or just sign up for gmail and I'll add you again. I think I have the ability to do that.
Yeah, I created an account using that email. I thought that should be sufficient, or do I actually need a gmail account for Google Docs editing? Or is there maybe some secret hidden option somewhere in the depths of the settings where you can change my status from View Only to Edit?
unsure.gif

As for translating: I'll have a look at BTL_PSVskill.xls next. I'll let you guys know when it's done.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Linkzeror2 - how did you extract the dap and lod files?using falo's script i was able to extract some bdat's but not .dap and i want to take a look at those even if you already know whats inside...let me know if you can or just upload it somewhere,ill dl it then remove it....its a small .bms script he wrote unless you did it another way....

thanks for your research ...you and zeforte deserve a bow for your hard work
bowdown.gif

i spent the last 2 days looking for a program that will allow me to look inside the iso at a much deeper level than wiiscrubber....i found 2 (one on a spanish site and one on a japanese site)..i speak spanish so i figured one out and used a translater to understand the other.but they are about the same as wii scrubber though one was able to output files even wiisrcubber doesnt..............i figured if i can get deep inside the file structure i can find the story text...ill keep searching

by the way if someone has something to discuss they should do so...its a forum and made for discussions and where theres discussions there will be debates/arguments..im sure even with friends and family people have noticed you end up debating/arguing at some point..up top doomtrigger asked a question and while it may seem easy to us there was a time when we didnt have the answer either.dont be afraid of someone correcting you if its a logical discussion.if someone is just cursing or even threatening then its different and i would simply laugh or just not talk to that specific person.its the internet and debates are expected unless you been living in a cave.its not the ufc and you dont have to run as if you'll be hurt.running from a fight will save your life but running from an argument on a forum?...let me post 2 quotes to sum it all up

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

and

"If you don’t ask because you might be refused, you’ve already refused yourself."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality