Hacking Xenoblade menu translation

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nevermind i figure out why the bdat's and xls folders and files werent being created...i didnt have java installed.as i said before im not a programmer so its my fault....now they show up....your script worked perfectly..thanks a lot zeforte your da man..now i can test the game
smile.gif

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks zeforte for those tools....ill see whats up cause i cant get the 3 folders to show up.....and to jaun...you may have it the other way around,they may be concentrating on zelda being thier franchise and all and putting less effort on mondo or anything else....they are not only working on the one for the wii but also zelda 64 on 3ds even if its just a port

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Juanmatron said:
Ato Puro said:
I just read Xenoblade was confirmed to be realeased as Monado (the original title) in America. Not sure if it shows up a month before or 2 months after Zelda...

Maybe Monado doesn't have date because is far better than the new Zelda.

I just mentioned Zelda because it's hyped and Nintendo wouldn't/won't release Xenoblade/Monado near Zelda release date, because the "average consumer" will choose Zelda without a 2nd thought. Personally I like Xenoblade better than Zelda, but I think we won't see Xenoblade soon, unless Nintendo postpone 3DS and Zelda: SS (which isn't going to happen). These are personal thoughts. I'd rather have Xenoblade and The Last Story translated than released over here because I hate western voice acting. (And my connection to Nintendo Servers is better when playing JP games than US/EUR ones. Go figure...)

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this is any help but i found a few links related to memchecks and dolphin debugging.....

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/thread-...1&pid=27626

http://www.rhinocerus.net/forum/lang-small...ts-dolphin.html

Dolphin SVN changelog:
r5080
Move MemCheck functionality into the virtual DebugInterface class from the more general MemView class.
Give DSP LLE Debugger a wxAUI facelift and add memory view to dsp debugger.

ya i dont think they will release xenoblade anywhere near a zelda release and they are doing a lot with the 3ds so i assume they as busy as they say and dont have time to translate xenoblade.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ato Puro said:
Juanmatron said:
Ato Puro said:
I just read Xenoblade was confirmed to be realeased as Monado (the original title) in America. Not sure if it shows up a month before or 2 months after Zelda...

Maybe Monado doesn't have date because is far better than the new Zelda.

I just mentioned Zelda because it's hyped and Nintendo wouldn't/won't release Xenoblade/Monado near Zelda release date, because the "average consumer" will choose Zelda without a 2nd thought. Personally I like Xenoblade better than Zelda, but I think we won't see Xenoblade soon, unless Nintendo postpone 3DS and Zelda: SS (which isn't going to happen). These are personal thoughts. I'd rather have Xenoblade and The Last Story translated than released over here because I hate western voice acting. (And my connection to Nintendo Servers is better when playing JP games than US/EUR ones. Go figure...)

Zelda can sell only with his name.

Linkzeror2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
@ZeForte your doing a great job,

i can tell you more information about script.

Inside the file: "common.pkb" you will find:

-All the party "ability" script.
-All the description about techniques (from the techniques menu)
-List of all the tutorial "title".
-All the guide line (note) what you have to do next in the game.
-All the "quest script" (what do you have to do to complete a quest inside quest diary)

i hope that help you.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Linkzero i think you made the first menu translation but zeforte might have made it easier....i noticed you had static.arc and common.pkb to replace but his method only uses static.arc...he provided the tools and all thats needed is a translater(space issues aside)...linkzero made me want to give it a go at translating but zeforte made it possible...i want to thank both of you....by the way do either of you know where i can find the dialogue text(story)? i think someone said its in one of the map files?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im all for a menu translation. ive gotten about 45mins into the game(as well as The Last Story) but it would be great to understand the weapons and items more. keep it up!!
biggrin.gif
also for those who need a little help playing the game in japanese, i found this "guide" that was posted back in the summer.

http://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10559147461.html
http://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10566373109.html

it might be old news to some, but combined with a translated menu i think it could make it more playable for people.

Linkzeror2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
iamatmylimit said:
by the way do either of you know where i can find the dialogue text(story)? i think someone said its in one of the map files?
I thought the same, but today i have the confirmation: the dialogue text arent inside in the all map file
rolleyes.gif

Explanation map.pkb:
in the map.pkb there are 27 .dap files, (and some strange file ".lod" nothing important)

210.png

-every .dap file is in order with the progress of the game, i mean:
4.dap is Colony 9, 6.dap is Thepra cave, 10.dap is Leg, etc..

in every .dap file you will find a structure like this (not all the .dap file have the Bdat.bin)

310.png

anyway if you rename the file ".map" into a .szs file, with szs modifier you can look the 3d model of the map and all the texture.

next:

in this folder, like you see, there is a bdat.bin, this file contain some text inside (you will find also in: 4.dap, 6.dap, 10.dap, etc...)

410.png

The text inside the bdat.bin are always:
-auto talk list (people talk alone, like mercant in colony 9, "auto message")
-pop list (it's about the population name, only the people name)
-gim mess (are the action like pick material, open door, or using some activator)

-extra tl list (extra talk list, is alway identical in every bdat.bin file o.O i'ts a list of action o something like that, i think about party message)
dont have nothing to do with the game script or cutscene script.

510.jpg

i have translated the first column just to look what the hell are, and text say so:
Replacement? !
Did you replace me?
Tried to come on exchange
Like our exchange?
Or replacement?
Pshaw Or replacement?
And exchange!
I also replaced?
I'm going to be replaced!
I can replace?
Potatoes were exchanged!
'll Be replaced?
Replacement? !

@zeforte i used your tool to look in these dbat.bin (but cant be repacked)

anyway the cut-scene or dialogue text/script isnt here!
so: not in the static.arc, not in the common.pkb, not in the map.pkb
maybe the text script is in the "script.pkb" ?

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot linkzero that was very helpfull....i already translated all 102 .xls files zeforte was able to provide into some form of english but its not perfect....you can call it an initial translation....now im going to look over the japanese and english and make a final translation which should be easier as now i have 2 sources to choose from....the original japanese and what the program made into english...ill see if i can add a pic to show progress

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to help if you keep the first post updated with what's been done so far. I played through the whole game so I know all the moves, gems, etc. If you've been using machine translation (google) or aren't a native english speaker it may be best to let me revise what you have so far. Linkzero,your "translations" are completely off and wrong
tongue.gif
But I could probably knock out the buffs, debuffs, gems, weapons, technique names and descriptions, (the easy stuff) in a couple hours.

ZeForte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Would be awesome if you could help.

And nothing has been done in terms of translation so far, only me "translating" the things in katakana (and I didn't pay particular attention to consistency):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N1L7F1OH

It'd be great if you could work on BTL_skilllist, pc_arts and BTL_PSSlist
The general rule of thumb is that if the Japanese text is pretty long, you have no space constraints (like most descriptions). Gem names are pretty difficult because you only have 8 chars.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have not made progress either in translation because i got stuck on a problem with one of xls files not working correctly(i found out it had something to do with space issues,took awhile too.lol.)anyway i do have images of the machine translation on my page....tomorow i can add my own meanings cause the katakana and hiragana are gone and that was my initial step....if i cant make any progress ill give what i have to HisshouBuraiKen......the images were using dolphin latest build but i also tested it on the wii......

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here are the program translations...its big 3mb because all 102 xls are translated....someone just has to revise most words as HisshouBuraiKen said....im putting it up and really i think this would be easier if we worked on this together instead of 3 guys doing 3 translations....it would be easier if we each worked on one .xls file,name what we working on here and when we're done upload it so the other 2 can correct/revise or state its good/finished....then we each pick 1 xls again and keep doing it this way will we get through all 102 (for starters)....if someone wants they could work on 3 xls files at a time but they would have to state what 3 they are doing so the rest of us know not to touch those....what do you guys think?
we can put what xls is complete by listing it here
for example in all of my posts i can put
= JNL_quest1801,JNL_quest1602,BTL_pclist(finished)
= MNU_update,pc_atk,MNU_collect(being worked on)
i was thinking me,zeforte and the new guy unless linkzero wants to help.we dont want 10 guys cause thats chaos and it doesnt make sense 3 guys doing the same 3 xls...if no one agrees its ok..

even though i used a program to do this it did take some work....if you look at the MNU_collect xls itself you will see its all translated already.only 1 word called [korepedeia] looks out of place and if it was me id guess it means encyclopedia or monster list and i would just change that.so a lot is translated in my files.by the way the xls that gave me problems was FLD_npclist (field non playable characters?) the rlt_job list right at the middle where i put translate,if you make these too long the wii will reset or if using dolphin you get that error compile etc.....so i know for sure those words you have limited space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto