Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Laast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Windaga

I've had a look at my task manager while playing XC3 and my results are not THAT different than yours: very low GPU usage, and max RAM used at 87% (in a populated colony for testing purpose).

What is actually the problem when you hit your max RAM usage? Does the game freeze/stutter? Is it becoming unplayable? I've noticed that after a few minutes the RAM usage usually declines to a more reasonable value (from only around 2GB available to 4 or 5 GB).

Maybe your case is not that problematic. I've spent 60 hours in the game and despite the high amount of RAM used, it is always playable and enjoyable (some vertex explosion here and there but nothing that can't be solved with a simple reboot).

Last edited by Laast,

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Laast I haven't had any large issues - a few graphical glitches and some stuttering - I was just concerned about the RAM usage because it seemed to be increasing. One it hit's 14/16, it'll creep up to 15.2/16. I haven't had the game/computer crash on me (because of high RAM usage anyway), but I was more so wondering if it happened to anyone else or if I was doing something wrong. But at this point I've no idea lol

Laast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've received and installed my 32go @3600 RAM Corsair today, and while playing XC3 my system uses exactly 16go RAM ^_^

So your case seems pretty normal to me. I'm not sure but Yuzu might use the virtual memory when there's not enough physical RAM to run it.

Reactions: Windaga

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Small tip if you have the iso of XC3 on a HDD move it to a SSD i had small hitches not shader generation related with the sound cutting out for a few ms and after moving the iso from my storage HDD to one of my SSDs it's gone, looks like this game uses a lot of bandwidth to stream assets just like BOTW for example one of yuzu devs confirmed that as well to me.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've received and installed my 32go @3600 RAM Corsair today, and while playing XC3 my system uses exactly 16go RAM ^_^

So your case seems pretty normal to me. I'm not sure but Yuzu might use the virtual memory when there's not enough physical RAM to run it.

I ended up playing for a good 50 minutes or so last night. My RAM usage shot up to 15 after a few minutes, but it then dropped to 14, 12, and then 8 for the rest of the play time after about 20 minutes. So I guess that's cool? It's still pretty consistent - it'll eat up all of the RAM in the first 5 minutes, but it seems to taper off after a while.

Laast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I ended up playing for a good 50 minutes or so last night. My RAM usage shot up to 15 after a few minutes, but it then dropped to 14, 12, and then 8 for the rest of the play time after about 20 minutes. So I guess that's cool? It's still pretty consistent - it'll eat up all of the RAM in the first 5 minutes, but it seems to taper off after a while.

Yep, like I said in this post RAM usage decreases after some times in the games so it's cool.

BBK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up; the newest EA build 2918 doesn't seem to work (for me at least). It looks like the game boots up properly but there is just a black screen showing. Sound and controls still work but I cannot see anything.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just a heads up; the newest EA build 2918 doesn't seem to work (for me at least). It looks like the game boots up properly but there is just a black screen showing. Sound and controls still work but I cannot see anything.

You have to reset your shader cache it will fix it.

Reactions: gallen0 and BBK

Khodeus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Italy
Also, there are some changes in the dpi interface, for 4k display now menus are way too much smaller, even the lower bar with Vulkan, dock, gpu, filter buttons etc.. :/

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This was in the changelog btw:

- PR#8752 video_code: support rectangle texture Fast RMX and The Touryst begin to render better with this change. Some users need to clean the pipeline cache manually for games to render again.

Reactions: Khodeus

jaydrixz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can someone know how to fix this ?. Im using most of all TheBoy mods . And i noticed it . sorry for bad english .

Attachments

• VID_20220825_234216.mp4
    17.6 MB

Atlas722

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm new to emulation and intrigued by it. my gear is not bad it's 1660 super-I5 9th gen-16gb ram ddr4

what sittings can I play xenoblade chronicles 3 on? keeping in mind that FE3H grilled my computer yuzu all the way on my playthrough :D

Damo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm new to emulation and intrigued by it. my gear is not bad it's 1660 super-I5 9th gen-16gb ram ddr4

what sittings can I play xenoblade chronicles 3 on? keeping in mind that FE3H grilled my computer yuzu all the way on my playthrough :D
You defenity can play it just fine on 30fps with 2k mod, you could also probabply play with the 60fps mod but you will be dropping frames in colonies.

Reactions: Atlas722

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, :wacko: