Gaming Official Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Help and Support Thread

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello, I don‘t know where to begin. Uhm, I‘m at the moment lvl 12 and I should kill some monsters they‘re lvl 9. It‘s a side quest and I want to do it first before I do the main quest. I upgraded my weapon or bought another one and checked that for pyra that she is taking the new weapon. For rex, I used the same things to push his specs (TP and strenght.) but I cant defeat the enemys. It seems, that I‘m something missing

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Are you talking about the Fenrir enemies? Or something else? Not a lot to go on...

Anyway, you could always level up some more.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Combat and how to manage agro is one part but the other part is to time damage from arts more narrowly even tho this is described in the tutorial it is not very well explained.
If you take a passive roll in combat you do mediocre damage at best.

When you time your damage things start dropping much faster. The rotation is in 3 so lets say 1 2 3 and on the 3rd hit (when you see damage) your arts will hit like a truck When you cant manage to do 3rd hit combo (it is shown on screen with a light blue circle effect) do connect arts when you hit (see the damage from the auto attack on screen) on auto attack.

The game does rely on a typical setup (for those large HP enemies) so healer tank is "needed" but if you time things right it should be much easier....

Last edited by Athlon-pv,

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Playing with the procontroller seems buggy for me, for example, I have to take out my joy cons to use the procontroller otherwise it won't work.
Another thing is when I have to take out my weapon I have to repeat it couple of times. No it's not a faulty controller cus, other people experience the same thing.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Playing with the procontroller seems buggy for me, for example, I have to take out my joy cons to use the procontroller otherwise it won't work.
Another thing is when I have to take out my weapon I have to repeat it couple of times. No it's not a faulty controller cus, other people experience the same thing.
Wut?
Up to now I've been playing always with the pro controller when docked, and with joycons when undocked (I never remove them) and I certainly haven't experienced this problem.
That is weird TBH.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: MeowMeowMeow

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saved nia from the ship n made it back to town. Now where do I go? I traveled as far east i could and hit a path block'd by wind and black/red smoke. Why? I have no other direction to go

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello, I don‘t know where to begin. Uhm, I‘m at the moment lvl 12 and I should kill some monsters they‘re lvl 9. It‘s a side quest and I want to do it first before I do the main quest. I upgraded my weapon or bought another one and checked that for pyra that she is taking the new weapon. For rex, I used the same things to push his specs (TP and strenght.) but I cant defeat the enemys. It seems, that I‘m something missing

It's the quest to rescue Pawli, am I right?

They have low accuracy. The thing is to increase your agility to make them miss more often and spam the Hook Shot to keep yourself healed.

Or you can go through the main quest a little bit more to have some help. I could do this Side Quest with Rex alone, but not the Crane Criminals one for example. If you're having a hard time with only Rex, just continue the Main Quest a little more.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saved nia from the ship n made it back to town. Now where do I go? I traveled as far east i could and hit a path block'd by wind and black/red smoke. Why? I have no other direction to go

i have decided after walking around for hours n hitting nothing but dead ends to give up. And i have to take back with agreeing with the game's review. The game is a frustrating exp. too many level 35 through 90s early in the game and heavily confusing maps

rwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Head back to the place you popped up and head north past some hills if you see a giant high level monkey asleep you are in the right area. Just follow the path.

This one got me too

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wut?
Up to now I've been playing always with the pro controller when docked, and with joycons when undocked (I never remove them) and I certainly haven't experienced this problem.
That is weird TBH.
Some games like sonic mania cannot use pro controller when undocked unless you remove joycons from the system. I dunno why but is only SOME games. It is entirely random. The only way to fix it is to tell the developer of the game and hope they update to make it right.

Follow the red exclamation point on the compass to find the next story event. If you remember the tutorial then it helps that you use it the best you can.

i have decided after walking around for hours n hitting nothing but dead ends to give up. And i have to take back with agreeing with the game's review. The game is a frustrating exp. too many level 35 through 90s early in the game and heavily confusing maps
I managed to finish the game yesterday and I do agree some things are frustrating but satisfying when successful. :P

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The compass leads nowhere. only to dead ends. Hell i cant even find the little camp area where i started after the cut seens. The problem is too much green and all the areas looking the same-ish. The map lacks any real defining traits to make things stand out. Funny how fast it took for me to regret not getting skyrim for the 3rd time instead...only 13 hours and half of that is from wondering around aimlessly. It isnt worth the frustation to continue trying. The story doesnt feels that great at this point either

Last edited by chartube12,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The compass leads nowhere. only to dead ends. Hell i cant even find the little camp area where i started after the cut seens. The problem is too much green and all the areas looking the same-ish. The map lacks any real defining traits to make things stand out. Funny how fast it took for me to regret not getting skyrim for the 3rd time instead...only 13 hours and half of that is from wondering around aimlessly. It isnt worth the frustation to continue trying. The story doesnt feels that great at this point either
Perhaps you don't read the compass correctly?

The pointer should be in the middle of the compass when you are pointing the right direction, it may be confusing, it would have been great if the middle point of the compass was marked with a square, arrow or something. You must always try to head in a direction so that the pointer is in the middle of the compass.

Also if the pointer in the compass has an arrow going up, it means you have to go higher (you perhaps will need to find an alternative path) if it has an arrow going down it means you have to go lower.

Finally when you get closer to the objective, it is easier just to look at the blue/pink pointer in the minimap on the right corner of the screen.

Hmmm... perhaps there is some other part of the compass you don't understand correctly, sorry if my hints are not helpful. I didn't have any problem with it at all, so I am trying to guess what could you be doing wrong.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you pay attention to the tutorial? :mellow:

The number on the compass determines the distance to the goal. The higher the number the further away you are. Keep going until you start decreasing the number. The marker should be in the center of the compass and walking forward to find where you need to go. Arrow pointing up means to go to higher levels and down mean lower levels.

After completing the game, I admit is not the best map system but is enough to keep the player exploring and not being too linear. It is a guidance system so you don't get lost but not too strict on how to get there. If the path was too linear then it would be like Final Fantasy XIII, then what, just walk forward like a sonic game to the goal, not something you want to do for RPG games.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you pay attention to the tutorial? :mellow:

The number on the compass determines the distance to the goal. The higher the number the further away you are. Keep going until you start decreasing the number. The marker should be in the center of the compass and walking forward to find where you need to go. Arrow pointing up means to go to higher levels and down mean lower levels.

After completing the game, I admit is not the best map system but is enough to keep the player exploring and not being too linear. It is a guidance system so you don't get lost but not too strict on how to get there. If the path was too linear then it would be like Final Fantasy XIII, then what, just walk forward like a sonic game to the goal, not something you want to do for RPG games.

i am not new to how a compass works and rpgs.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit baffled what to do with PoppiQT. What spec do you guys run her with do you change back to tank mode or keep evasion ?
For whatever reason PoppiQT is default for Tora even if I switch position.

Last edited by Athlon-pv,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: