ROM Hack RELEASE Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Graphics Settings

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Xenoblade2Base and Xenoblade2Torna include exefs patch that forces game to read outside of main blob file by changing default config file path. It's not original game path, that's why I didn't mention downloading them in other methods.
Ok maybe this is a language barrier problem (my bad, I'm Italian) but I followed the "Next Method" and it says to download that zip file :) Anyway now I've succesfully modded the game, thanks for your guide!
Edit: Ok now I get it, I had to use the New method, not the next one.

Immagine 2022-05-09 143101.png

Last edited by ShadoGiow,

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: found new pointer, looks like it's working. And I won't release it because the biggest issue here is rendering objects that are not in view, but in draw distance. It can render whole town behind walls. Even dropping resolution to 144p and disabling every graphics option doesn't help. So wait for yuzu or ryujinx to use it. Or find draw distance.
I was wondering which line was for cutscenes so they can be locked to 30fps since you mentioned it has a separate point from gameplay. This cheat is working on emu just like your alpha IPS if you remove.
58020000 00F82308
78020000 008C4CEC
54121000 00000000
58030000 00BD7F40
54131000 00000000

It would be amazing if we could lock the cutscenes to 30fps with another cheat, any help would be greatly appreciated.

MelvinSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would prefer the new method to be able to use the newest updates but my game files are in "SDCARD:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered\gibberish", I don't have a "SDCARD:\atmosphere\titles\0100E95004039001" folder. Is the next method the only way to go for me?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would prefer the new method to be able to use the newest updates but my game files are in "SDCARD:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered\gibberish", I don't have a "SDCARD:\atmosphere\titles\0100E95004039001" folder. Is the next method the only way to go for me?
Beside what was pointed above... Creating folder is that hard?

MelvinSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No of course not but I was under the impression that config files depending on game folders being in a specific place would not work if my game folders are somewhere else. I don't have game folders in "contents" and in "titles" and I'm not willing to go back to 2.02 version so the profiles do absolutely nothing for me unfortunately.

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
anyone experiencing audio desync on cutscenes? ive tried the one thats dropped on page 21. i have the 2.1.0 game version. sey my sysclk to cpu=1020, gpu=921, mem=1600

Last edited by vonovon,

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Incosistent FPS across cutscene can affect.
ive tried multiple settings, it seems im getting audio desync on higher cpu clock speeds... why though? isnt it supposed to be more consistent when the system have more leeway in terms of processing power? can you recommend me what sys clk setting i should set in order to avoid desync while using your mods?

Reactions: MelvinSmiley

StayAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Para que Yuzu tenga una buena resolución nítida todo lo que tienes que hacer es:
- establecer escala 2x en el emulador
- descarga el mod theboy181 desde aquí (página inferior): yuzu-emu.org/entry/yuzu-art

luego pon el mod en user/load/01100e95004938000

puedes ver la carpeta haciendo clic derecho en el juego en yuzu y luego "mostrar carpeta mod". también puede ver si el mod está instalado haciendo clic en la propiedad del juego (no se verificará después del DLC).

Reproduciendo este juego en mi PC y se ve muy, muy bien (4k'ish) con este mod. Todo es súper nítido y la resolución es de 4k.
gracias

MelvinSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've tried creating folders like in post 327 and in your description on page 1 and putting them in atmosphere/contents and after spending several hours trying to get this to work on my modded switch with zero results I give up. Will stick with the vanilla version, this whole process seems like a convoluted mess that is too complicated for me to understand. But I'm sure it looks great if you are one of the chosen few who managed to get this to work.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tried creating folders like in post 327 and in your description on page 1 and putting them in atmosphere/contents and after spending several hours trying to get this to work on my modded switch with zero results I give up. Will stick with the vanilla version, this whole process seems like a convoluted mess that is too complicated for me to understand. But I'm sure it looks great if you are one of the chosen few who managed to get this to work.
> Few thousands downloads
> Only few complaints

Yes, I am in chosen few... thousands.

MelvinSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
> Few thousands downloads
> Only few complaints

Yes, I am in chosen few... thousands.
Well you asked me if creating folders is that hard, I explained that it is hard for me since creating folders does absolutely nothing on my system. Maybe I shouldn't have added the part with the chosen few though, I absolutely do not rule out that I'm just too stupid for this process. Xenoblade Chronicles DE works like a charm though.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well you asked me if creating folders is that hard, I explained that it is hard for me since creating folders does absolutely nothing on my system. Maybe I shouldn't have added the part with the chosen few though, I absolutely do not rule out that I'm just too stupid for this process. Xenoblade Chronicles DE works like a charm though.
XCDE was much easier since config file is loosely laying in romfs which is not true for XC2 and that's why you need to do one of those three methods to make it work with New Method being recommended.
It's not comparable.

Last edited by masagrator,

MelvinSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XCDE was much easier since config file is loosely laying in romfs which is not true for XC2 and that's why you need to do one of those three methods to make it work with Next Method being recommended.
It's not comparable.
Managed to make it work with New Method. My torna dlc was broken, after reinstalling it everything worked with folder name "0100E95004039001" in atmosphere\contents folder. Thank you for your efforts, game looks much better now.

Nikoru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will shadow drop here a plugin for people that are annoyed by double buffer and game slowing down. Didn't test it too much.

It removes double buffer + automatically adjusts game speed. Removing double buffer potentially can enable framebuffer glitches (which I see with my internal 60 FPS mod), but tested it with 153.6 MHz GPU and I saw nothing, so I guess we are alright. It gives also "slight performance boost" aka less visible framedrops because of removing double buffer.

This plugin doesn't enable 60 FPS.
It's dedicated to 2.1.0 Western version.
Cannot say about compability with Japanese version.

Just put folder "0100E95004038000" to atmosphere/contents and play game.

I am working sometimes at 60 FPS plugin for last couple of years, which has some caveats that I want to start finally fix. For sure I won't be able to remove framebuffer glitches completely because doing that results in huge game hiccups and adjusting game speed is working more randomly. But I'm trying to minimize them as much as possible.
Uploaded plugin here is a derivative from my 60 FPS mod.
This great! I never experienced Torigoth area without framedrops before

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?