Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Haevens
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 284,119
  • Replies Replies 539
  • Likes Likes 5
so i see a prepatched, undubbed/uncensored upload on some site.
the upload was from 11 december 2015.
is there any progress since then?

things like this:
-Rarely some voices in battle/cutscenes in English. That is because some file names was changed and some new files added with localization. Pinpointing this files are no easy task, as game have over 22000 voice files.

-In start of the game, when first entering NLA part of the president speech are in English

-When playing as H.B. and jumping jump sound are English


thank you! :)
 
so i see a prepatched, undubbed/uncensored upload on some site.
the upload was from 11 december 2015.
is there any progress since then?

things like this:
-Rarely some voices in battle/cutscenes in English. That is because some file names was changed and some new files added with localization. Pinpointing this files are no easy task, as game have over 22000 voice files.

-In start of the game, when first entering NLA part of the president speech are in English

-When playing as H.B. and jumping jump sound are English


thank you! :)
Try to patch the game with that, different patcher than the OP one: http://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicle-x-undub.405092/page-20#post-6351997
Needs the original japanese version.
 
Last edited by RealityNinja,
  • Like
Reactions: cearp
so that tool would make it so the president speech is in japanese? and the H.B. jump sound is japanese?
I'll replay the debut of the game, and i will tell you XD Please, wait 1h
All i know is just that 1 of 2 sound jump of Lin is not the japanese original one.
 
I'll replay the debut of the game, and i will tell you XD Please, wait 1h
All i know is just that 1 of 2 sound jump of Lin is not the japanese original one.
hey no need to test but that's very kind of you thanks.
and for lin, is the two jumps sounds annoying, if 1 is japanese and 1 is english?
if so, maybe a good idea to replace both jump sounds with the 1 japanese, instead of having 2 of different languages.

i don't know, i haven't played the game :)
thanks
 
so that tool would make it so the president speech is in japanese? and the H.B. jump sound is japanese?
OK, so, the president speech is in japanese and in english XD (japanese at first, and then english, when elma speaks).
for lin, it's in japanese, but not the right sound
 
Last edited by RealityNinja,
  • Like
Reactions: cearp
I'm editing this post to add current progress, tools and patches.

Tools


CPK editor
Tool use to extract/repack the CPK files :
CRI Packed File Maker v1.36.00
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jwygidgmvdw


Patches


Text size
This mod will not affect the subtitle size, only the menus and messages.
it only make the font bigger, but doesn't fix the position or interface, which will result in some text overlapping or out of position.

1- unpack the menu.cpk
2- delete the files eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt from the /font/us/ folder
3- go to /font/ folder make 2 copies of eurasia.fnt and move those copies to the /font/us/ folder
4- back on the /font/us/ folder rename the 2 copied files to eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt
5- repack menu.cpk


Undub
Undub patchers from @aracom.
Xenoblade Chronicles X undub patcher v2.1
- now patches movies too.
- I redesigned the batch file(yet again), because it was really messy and basically not extendable.

Xenoblade Chronicles X undub patcher v2.0
- It currently only patches voices and gear.
- Fix v1 issue on slow PC. now checks if files are correctly extracted before running the batch file.

After I've ran the installer, then what are the steps? It's not entirely clear. I have the disc version of the game. Is it similar to running Smash 4 mods and using loadiine?
Thanks! And awesome tool. It makes it so easy to get japanese voices and movies.
 
Is it possible to Undub Xenoblade and repack it for usage with the Brazilian Install Method ? So it can be installed with WupInstaller like a normal Game without Loadliine ?
 
Is it possible to Undub Xenoblade and repack it for usage with the Brazilian Install Method ? So it can be installed with WupInstaller like a normal Game without Loadliine ?

I tired replacing the files with WUDServer after installing it and the game loads but it doesn't have any voice audio.

Gonna try repacking it with the modded files and installing that, maybe that will work.
 
Last edited by Spazturtle,
Which Files does the Patcher need ? Just stock EU and JP 1.0 files ? Does the game work with the normal EU Patch 1.01 afterwards ?
 
Last edited by makke007,
Just EU and JP files, and yes it works with the patch, the loadline version did as well.

Gonna try installing the repacked version now to see if the voice audio works then.
 
Alright, this is going to start some crap with "sensitive" people, but does anyone here know how to change Lin's outfits back to the Japanese game set without changing the audio for the US version of the game? I've found a European "Undub and Uncens" version of the game out there, but the dubbing in this game isn't what I consider "bad." On the other hand, alot of Lin's outfits have these black lines, spots, or blocks that supposedly make them more "child friendly" but in my opinion just ruin the party outfit uniformity, and in at least 2 cases, make the outfit downright ugly. Before anyone starts screaming "pedophile," keep in mind that, one, there is no actual nudity in the game, two, there is no... breast physics, and, finally, I don't know about everyone else, but I've seen 10 year old kids wearing skimpier outfits, both in the suburbs and downtown!

I just really hate having to notice those black patches during dialogue, cut scenes, and combat. If they were going to "alter" the outfits because of her age, then they should have actually altered the outfits so that they still look nice. Instead, they slapped a low res black shape onto her body frame. Ugh.

Also, I'd prefer if it were WUP installer compatible, like the the Undub/Uncensored version of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.
 
Last edited by MasterZoen,
Alright, this is going to start some crap with "sensitive" people, but does anyone here know how to change Lin's outfits back to the Japanese game set without changing the audio for the US version of the game? I've found a European "Undub and Uncens" version of the game out there, but the dubbing in this game isn't what I consider "bad." On the other hand, alot of Lin's outfits have these black lines, spots, or blocks that supposedly make them more "child friendly" but in my opinion just ruin the party outfit uniformity, and in at least 2 cases, make the outfit downright ugly. Before anyone starts screaming "pedophile," keep in mind that, one, there is no actual nudity in the game, two, there is no... breast physics, and, finally, I don't know about everyone else, but I've seen 10 year old kids wearing skimpier outfits, both in the suburbs and downtown!

I just really hate having to notice those black patches during dialogue, cut scenes, and combat. If they were going to "alter" the outfits because of her age, then they should have actually altered the outfits so that they still look nice. Instead, they slapped a low res black shape onto her body frame. Ugh.

Also, I'd prefer if it were WUP installer compatible, like the the Undub/Uncensored version of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.


I'm working on that right now. But for the Full Version in .app format to be installable ith the Braz Method. I needed to unpack both Versions of the game from .app to Loadiine Format Patched it and put it back into .app files with a FakeSign so to play it like that you need SigPatches atleast.
 
Ok, just installed the repacked version and it all works, undub + uncensor

@MasterZoen
You can just use the patcher on the EU or NA version and only select uncensor, for that you don't need the JAP version.
 
Last edited by Spazturtle,
Ok, just installed the repacked version and it all works, undub + uncensor

@MasterZoen
You can just use the patcher on the EU or NA version and only select uncensor, for that you don't need the JAP version.
#

I can tell you why it didnt work before with your method. The Folder Structure in the US/EU and Jap Version are different so it doesn't read the files you added to it basicly

Great to hear it works ! Does it work with the Old Save Files aswell ?
 
#

I can tell you why it didnt work before with your method. The Folder Structure in the US/EU and Jap Version are different so it doesn't read the files you added to it basicly

Great to hear it works ! Does it work with the Old Save Files aswell ?

Nah first time I copied over the patched files, so they had the correct structure and filenames, but for some reason no voice audio played. This time I repacked with the same patched files and installed that and it all works.

Save files are compatible yeah, I am using the save file I was suing with Loadline and it worked with the stock and modded versions. I had even used XCXGecko to change my characters height and breast sizes to ones that the EU/NA versions don't normal let you have and that is all fine as well.
 
Nah first time I copied over the patched files, so they had the correct structure and filenames, but for some reason no voice audio played. This time I repacked with the same patched files and installed that and it all works.

Save files are compatible yeah, I am using the save file I was suing with Loadline and it worked with the stock and modded versions. I had even used XCXGecko to change my characters height and breast sizes to ones that the EU/NA versions don't normal let you have and that is all fine as well.


Good to hear i changed my values aswell ! :) Just waiting for my JP Version to unpack so i can finally patch it x-x takes ages with all that voice files

EDIT: You repacked your version with NUSPacker i suppose ? Just with default Encryption ? Other Data should be grabbed from the Code and Meta Folder ?
 
Last edited by makke007,
Nah first time I copied over the patched files, so they had the correct structure and filenames, but for some reason no voice audio played. This time I repacked with the same patched files and installed that and it all works.

Save files are compatible yeah, I am using the save file I was suing with Loadline and it worked with the stock and modded versions. I had even used XCXGecko to change my characters height and breast sizes to ones that the EU/NA versions don't normal let you have and that is all fine as well.


Also did you uninstall or original installation from the WIi U ? Or can both Versions co-exist ?
 

Site & Scene News