Hacking Xecuter SX to pre-order or not?

Who has order a Xecuter SX?

• I have pre-order

Votes: 86 46.7%
  • I have NOT order one.

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • Waiting to see how people like it when they get first shippment and if they get ban.

Votes: 35 19.0%
  • Waiting for Free version from Atmosphere

Votes: 47 25.5%

• Total voters

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying don't buy it. I'm asking why pre-order it? Free solutions could be possible before the release date. If I wanted this, I'd buy it then. Next time, read my post.
The price hike is one reason to buy it early. I assume it'll go up to $60 rather than 40 once June 15th rolls around. Plus Atmosphere presumably won't have "backups" at first.

hellrokr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there's a reasonable chance the money will be wasted.
But there's more than reasonable chance that I'll be playing backups before someone who has not pre-ordered.
Cost wise: It's equal to an indie game. I'll take my chances.
I don't even care if atmosphere with backups comes out today. I'm happy to be getting something with a 100% surety in a couple of weeks.

MehMeh27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Atmosphere won't come with a pre-built, convenient dongle. That's what I'm spending money for. And no I don't want to go through the trial and error process that is making one myself. I have no knowledge of electronics or any of that stuff, so I'd rather pay for a dongle that just works. Plus I'll be able to use Atmosphere or SX OS. Best of both worlds.

D

Deleted-351540

As I said above, there is a reasonable chance the money will be wasted if a free alternative comes out before or around the release date.
A free alternative for CFW, yes. A free alternative for the dongle? No. Even if an open source dongle is made, I have to order that, program/flash it, and find a case so it is portable. TX's is ready to go out of the box and that is very nice.

All I want the Pro version for is the dongle. I have no intention of using TX OS. In fact, I hope to sell my license to someone after I get it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The price hike is one reason to buy it early. I assume it'll go up to $60 rather than 40 once June 15th rolls around. Plus Atmosphere presumably won't have "backups" at first.
There's going to be a price hike?

I don't even care if atmosphere with backups comes out today.
If you're okay with hypothetically wasting your money, then there's nothing left to be said.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's going to be a price hike?

If you're okay with hypothetically wasting your money, then there's nothing left to be said.
It was my impression that the 40 dollar price is for pre-orders and that once it's actually out it'll be the standard 60. I could be wrong but switchsx.com has it for 42.99 on sale and the actual price will eventually be 59.00

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was my impression that the 40 dollar price is for pre-orders and that once it's actually out it'll be the standard 60. I could be wrong but switchsx.com has it for 42.99 on sale and the actual price will eventually be 59.00
I'm not finding any real reason to think there's actually going to be a price hike.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're okay with realistically not playing backups anytime soon, then there's nothing left to be said.
You said you don't care if Atmosphere CFW and backup-loading are released today, which arguably disqualifies you from discussing whether or not it's intelligent to pre-order. I can also order the SX OS at any time without doing a pre-order and potentially wasting my money, making the bold assumption that backup-loading won't be a thing by or around June 15.

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I spent $45 with shipping, so even if there's a free alternative, I'm not losing any sleep over $45. The fact that so many people are stressing about "wasting" $45 makes me question the average age of GBATemp users. Ultimately I am paying for convenience, and it's worth it to me.

Reactions: Skylinedeadline

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent $45 with shipping, so even if there's a free alternative, I'm not losing any sleep over $45. The fact that so many people are stressing about "wasting" $45 makes me question the average age of GBATemp users. Ultimately I am paying for convenience, and it's worth it to me.
I guess some of us are more frugal than others, because I think spending $45 one doesn't need to spend is quite wasteful.

Edit: I also like how the pro-piracy people are saying, "It's just $45."

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: MaxAni

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm not saying don't buy it. I'm asking why pre-order it? Free solutions could be possible before the release date. If I wanted this, I'd buy it then. Next time, read my post.
The same reason people preorder games.

Guarantee yourself a copy of the game/dongle and OS.
Also convenience of having it already done and paid for.

MehMeh27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess some of us are more frugal than others, because I think spending $45 one doesn't need to spend is quite wasteful.

You seem to care so much about how other people spend their money. Could you make a dongle for me? I'll pay for it. Like I am with TX. I mean, you're offering, right? As you don't want me to "waste" money on it? Or does atmosphere come with free dongles, as people seem to constantly be implying?

Last edited by MehMeh27,
Reactions: castdreams

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same reason people preorder games.

Guarantee yourself a copy of the game/dongle and OS.
Also convenience of having it already done and paid for.
You seem to care so much about how other people spend their money. Could you make a dongle for me? I'll pay for it. Like I am with TX. I mean, you're offering, right? As you don't want me to "waste" money on it? Or does atmosphere come with free dongles, as people seem to constantly be implying?
There's nothing about advocating against pre-orders that means I'm offering my services. You don't know what the environment is going to be like in June, so it's silly to pay for it now. That's also ignoring that TX is probably rushing a product, because they understand the odds that nobody is going to buy their product a year from now.

This isn't the only pre-order I'm against. I believe paying money before you fully understand what your need/desire will be regarding a product is silly. That's all I've argued.

MehMeh27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's nothing about advocating against pre-orders that means I'm offering my services. You don't know what the environment is going to be like in June, so it's silly to pay for it now. That's also ignoring that TX is probably rushing a product, because they understand the odds that nobody is going to buy their product a year from now.

This isn't the only pre-order I'm against. I believe paying money before you fully understand what your need/desire will be regarding a product is silly. That's all I've argued.

This is the post I responded to:

You can change it to say pre-orders but you obviously think it's a waste of money regardless. And people don't need your approval of their purchases.

Last edited by MehMeh27,

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

A lot of people are against pre-orders so I'm in no way surprised. I preorder stuff for the convenience, I know what I want to buy well before release usually.

Last edited by Nollog,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the post I responded to:

You can change it to say pre-orders but you obviously think it's a waste of money regardless. And people don't need your approval of their purchases.
My post was in response to someone saying he wouldn't care if backup-loading was released tomorrow, because it's only $45 that's admittedly wasted. That sounds like wasteful thinking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NO111ONE @ NO111ONE: Oh my god drug dealers inbound, panic