Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Quick Question in case anybody knows: I never go online for online play. Still don't want to have a banned console if possible.

If new games come which require a higher fw, and I want to play a backup of said game, how can I update the switch fw with SX OS? Can I just load the backup and update offline in SX OS, or must I switch to OFW then update online (risking the ban because of logs showing SX OS).

thx for the info.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a manual for SXOS anywhere? Like, how do you get to the splash screen? All I know is Hold R on Album to load HBL..but what else is there? i can't find a manual on their webpage where you download the OS

_n3o_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there a manual for SXOS anywhere? Like, how do you get to the splash screen? All I know is Hold R on Album to load HBL..but what else is there? i can't find a manual on their webpage where you download the OS

Capturedecran2018-06-26a07.59.17.png

:ph34r:

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question. I am on 3.0.1. i kinda want to get SX, but i dont want to upgrade my switch yet which some game require.

So can i get SX, upgrade to latest firmware. but downgrade back to 3.0.1 when i need to for Atmosphere or something in the future?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question. I am on 3.0.1. i kinda want to get SX, but i dont want to upgrade my switch yet which some game require.

So can i get SX, upgrade to latest firmware. but downgrade back to 3.0.1 when i need to for Atmosphere or something in the future?
You would need to make a NAND dump of your 3.0.1 firmware. Follow rajkosto's tutorial in the Tutorials section for the full set of instructions. Be wary, its rather long.

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
AutoRCM affects the charge rate of the Switch when it is RCM. This can lead to false battery levels being displayed if left charging in RCM for large amounts of time.

The reason I asked is because I turned off my console with menu option yesterday and it's completely dead today. This shouldn't happen

I was able to charge it up enough to turn it on. This time I'm holding power button for 15 seconds to turn it off. Let's see how long this would last.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I asked is because I turned off my console with menu option yesterday and it's completely dead today. This shouldn't happen

I was able to charge it up enough to turn it on. This time I'm holding power button for 15 seconds to turn it off. Let's see how long this would last.
This is a known issue with AutoRCM and has to do with the fact that turning off the console via the menu doesn't always turn it off. Remember, AutoRCM boots the Switch into RCM. Meaning your console never turned off and has been sitting in RCM the entire time. This is where the problem comes in because RCM looks identical to a Switch that is turned off. For future reference, power off the Switch via manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds).

Reactions: zaku

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a known issue with AutoRCM and has to do with the fact that turning off the console via the menu doesn't always turn it off. Remember, AutoRCM boots the Switch into RCM. Meaning your console never turned off and has been sitting in RCM the entire time. This is where the problem comes in because RCM looks identical to a Switch that is turned off. For future reference, power off the Switch via manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds).

For these kind of reasons I'm avoiding AutoRCM. I just keep it in sleep mode when in RCM. When I want to get back to CFW from OFW or when it's completely turned off I just use the jig and my PC again (not ideal but I'd rather do this than booting in AutoRCM).

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General question. My sx pro is coming next month, and I'm on OFW 4.1. As an average end user interested in backup loaders n Homebrew, is there any real reason I would NOT want to upgrade to the latest ofw when the dongle arrives?
Is there any useful benefit to staying behind at this point?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General question. My sx pro is coming next month, and I'm on OFW 4.1. As an average end user interested in backup loaders n Homebrew, is there any real reason I would NOT want to upgrade to the latest ofw when the dongle arrives?
Is there any useful benefit to staying behind at this point?
For SX usage only, no. If you want to use Atmosphere in the future without a jig and USB cable, there is an unreleased softmod for 4.1 that may come out sometime after its completion.

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
Has anyone spoken to the SX OS crew re: having eshop titles load through their CFW?

I see some dumps of Celeste, Lumines that would be nice to play (I'm staying away from the other method of loading these)!

Isaac_ssbm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered SX PRO and it should arrive in about one week. In the meantime I read that my switch may brick by using SX. If I play backups and homebrew(gba emulator) and never go online, can it still brick?

I also didn’t go online for about 4 months because I don’t want the switch to update itself. If I want to activate my SX-license do I need to go online? And if so, is there a way to prevent my switch from doing updates?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
Has anyone spoken to the SX OS crew re: having eshop titles load through their CFW?

I see some dumps of Celeste, Lumines that would be nice to play (I'm staying away from the other method of loading these)!
  • Q: Can we play eshop games?
    A:
    The current version of SX OS only allows to play cartridge based games. But we're working hard to bring game titles that originate from different distribution media to SX OS as well! It is on our list of features to add in upcoming updates.
I already have SX OS, so, can I buy the USB dongle? Or can I do it myself?
You can buy the dongle if you want a less tethered method of loading SX OS. They list some examples of sending their loader that you can use yourself.

I ordered SX PRO and it should arrive in about one week. In the meantime I read that my switch may brick by using SX. If I play backups and homebrew(gba emulator) and never go online, can it still brick?

I also didn’t go online for about 4 months because I don’t want the switch to update itself. If I want to activate my SX-license do I need to go online? And if so, is there a way to prevent my switch from doing updates?
TX is pretty confident no normal user will brick their console with their product but another hacker by the name of hexkyz has claimed there is a chance without evidence to back it up. In light of this, him and one other hacker who were cracking SX OS have managed to brick their consoles but no normal user has been bricked yet. So to answer your question, no one really knows yet.

Here is how to activate SX OS offline: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-activate-sx-os-on-your-switch-with-a-pc.508194/
How to block updates: https://reswitched.tech/info/faq

Reactions: Isaac_ssbm

leetcakes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bahrain
I am on SX OS 1.2 but wolfenstein does not show up in my albums. All my other games work, any ideas? Tried 3 different xci downloads.

Also noticed that when I use XCIment to rename, it says invalid header.

I updated to 1.2 by dropping the new boot.dat (last modified 6/24) into my sd and replaced the old one (modified 6/21).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1