xdeltaUI Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by onlineguy83, Nov 2, 2010.

  1. onlineguy83
    OP

    onlineguy83 Newbie

    Newcomer
    2
    0
    Oct 24, 2010
    United States
    I am trying to play the Super Mario Bros. 3 hack. I opened xdeltaUI and put the patch in "Patch:" and clean rom in "Source File:" but I don't know what to put in "Output File:". If I click apply leaving the Source File empty I get "Make sure all file targets are set". So what do I put for the Source File. Sorry if this is a noob question I usually use xdeltaGUI.
     
  2. Rydian

    Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

    Member
    27,883
    8,103
    Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Output file is the filename you want the patched version to have.
     
  3. onlineguy83
    OP

    onlineguy83 Newbie

    Newcomer
    2
    0
    Oct 24, 2010
    United States
    Thank You So Much it Worked!
     
  4. jflower

    jflower Member

    Newcomer
    40
    0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Netherlands
    not for me, it never workt for me with xdelta with the same problem,
    if i click in the output file (first i see 3 dots i clicked on) and then ad the name kingdom hearts.nds (or witout .NDS) it says
    x delta3: not a VCDIFF: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
    for years.. i dont get it they ask a name for my output and then they dont accept what i write..
     
  5. Spenstar

    Spenstar "Leave it to me"

    Member
    1,053
    1
    Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Why would you like to know?
    That usually means that your computer is the one causing the problem and not xDelta. Your computer might be missing .NET Framework. Also, have you tried patching with xDelta through command prompt? That method usually has no problems.
     
  6. twiztidsinz

    twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

    Member
    4,981
    5
    Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Actually... If I'm not mistaken, this error is due to their being two versions of xDelta (v1.1.x and v3.0, either that or they are two apps calling themselves xDelta, both doing similar things but in different ways) and are not compatible with eachother.
    The 'not a VCDIFF' means that the file you're trying to use to patch isn't valid patch, this could be someone using the wrong files at the prompts or different xDelta patch and patcher versions.

    When working on the Ragnarok DS translation, xDelta v3.0 gave us ~30MB patch files while the old one gave us ~.5MB. When I switched to the old xdelta, the patches were smaller but the GUI I liked, xdeltaUI (not xdelta GUI) by KaioShin, no longer patched -- gave me the same VCDIFF error I think -- so I modified it to work with the original commandline xdelta.exe, which FIX94 has apparently uploaded here