Gaming Xbox Series X/S dev menu and emulators

Sameru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi you guys. I just pre-ordered the Series X and I thought about dev menu. I missed out on XONE generation so everything will be new and fresh for me (can't wait to play all the exclusive or better running 3rd party games on the XSX).
Anyway back to my question, do you think that current RetroArch ports will work on new Xbox? And do you think that it's possible to have WiiU or Switch emulators on the Series consoles, or even PS3? I mean the console is super powerful so maybe it will be able to even render Switch games in better resolutions?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this looks so promising. I wonder if M$ is going to block it somehow. It would be a HUGE + for the XSX.

Afaik RetroArch was available as an official App in the Microsoft Store, which would also run in retail mode - this was blocked/removed if I'm not mistaken.

But in Dev Mode you are free to do what you want and Microsoft doesn't touch anything there.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
All this looks so promising. I wonder if M$ is going to block it somehow. It would be a HUGE + for the XSX.

The whole point of dev mode is that we can do what we want within it’s limitations.

The only way I could see it being restricted any further/removed is if it’s abused somehow in a way which can’t be patched.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pcsx2 retroarch core is on the way, It will be soo cool playing ps2 games on Series X, sadly i not planing to buy it yet. Imagine that in future more cores can be added such as Cemu (wii u), Citra (3ds) and maybe Yuzu (switch).

Sameru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm so excited for this. Now I know I bought the right console haha after my PS4. Gamepass + RetroArch is all I need

Reactions: Rafciu

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
For everyone saying will cemu and other newer cores work. The xbox one doesnt naturally support opengl. I guess the same applies for the series x. Some of these cores need opengl to run. Mupen core needs gl to run but thanks to a dev uses angle which is an interpreter. So the answer to questions about cemu and other cores that need gl I wouldn't hold your breathe

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had looked it up Series-X support dev mode so I guess the old stuff that worked on the X would work on the Series-X. It's going to be up to the devs to make stuff work for future development. Me personally I'm not really interested in DEV mode I have so many other systems that can play emulators versus spending $20 just do do something I can already do on my computer.

When the Series-X is $300 I will pick one up. GameStop offered $125 to trade in my Xbox One S and that's a bad deal considering I paid $300 for it last year

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
must we shell out more $$$ to use dev mode on SX? my bet is yes no tranfering dev licenses meanwhile PS5 will get hacked eventually i wish sony took note of MS doing dev mode it would save them a lot of time and energy then jus plugging security holes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had looked it up Series-X support dev mode so I guess the old stuff that worked on the X would work on the Series-X. It's going to be up to the devs to make stuff work for future development. Me personally I'm not really interested in DEV mode I have so many other systems that can play emulators versus spending $20 just do do something I can already do on my computer.

When the Series-X is $300 I will pick one up. GameStop offered $125 to trade in my Xbox One S and that's a bad deal considering I paid $300 for it last year
I'm a console collector now as a hobby (Just got an rgh jasper last week and the power brick today) i learned my lesson of trading in besides half my collection i cant cause their hacked

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@chrisrlink
I think DEV mode is connected to your Microsoft account so it should be transferred over (I'm not 100% sure) If gamestop gave me $200 for my Xbox One S I would have did it but $125 is kinda a ripoff I'm just going to wait. The $ isn't an issue I just don't believe in spending $500 on a gaming system. Despite Series-X being BC with all generations the value of an Xbox System is going to depreciate within the next year or 2. It's going to drop to $400 with a game bundle and then $300 after the 2nd year by that time I would have picked up a ton of games for a good price.

In 2 years I can buy a Series-X and 5 games for the price of $500 versus buying it at launch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality