I'm going with PS3 at the moment, because somebody reminded me of MGS4
biggrin.gif

ranglechen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
360 has an excellent, superior interface. If nothing else, the ability to do cross-game invites and voice chat is fantastic. Really makes it easier to organize and hop into games with your friends.

I say this as somebody who is a proud ps3 owner…

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 sucks. It's eating dust in my room. Get a 360, can't go wrong with Left 4 Dead 2. Im also anxious for ff13. You don't have to get the 360 based on my opinion, but it's better. Ya, know? No....not really?

Well whatever floats your boat, mate.

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go with PS3, unless your really into playing online FPS.

Final Fantasy Verus 13 and Final Fantasy 14 are only coming to the PS3 as far as I know.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only people who ask this question are trolls looking to start trouble.

The only people who answer this question seriously are people too stupid to understand they are being trolled. (Also, insecure fanboys)

But seriously, if you can't answer this question for yourself you are too stupid to live.

The first rule of natual selection is thinking for yourself. If you can't do that you're weak and inferior.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
JumpMan3 said:
I would go with PS3, unless your really into playing online FPS.

Final Fantasy Verus 13 and Final Fantasy 14 are only coming to the PS3 as far as I know.

If FF13 is THAT big a deal for you, I'd have assumed that you'd go with the console that also has the "exclusive" Versus title.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
there are both great consoles
it all depends on the kinds of games you play
for xbox, co-op games and games like call of duty are better
for ps3, racing and adventure games are good such as assassins creed and burnoout paradise

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
SPH73 said:
The only people who ask this question are trolls looking to start trouble.
Your the troll, im not looking to start trouble, im just asking which one should i get because they are both good consoles.
Sorry if the question is to hard for you to handle.
SPH73 said:
The only people who answer this question seriously are people too stupid to understand they are being trolled. (Also, insecure fanboys)
orly. Your using troll alot arnt you.
QUOTE(SPH73 @ Nov 22 2009, 04:03 AM)
But seriously, if you can't answer this question for yourself you are too stupid to live.
The first rule of natual selection is thinking for yourself. If you can't do that you're weak and inferior.
i don't believe in natural selection soz.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Funny how the general perception of the PS3 on this forum has changed.. Back in 2007 and early 2008, I used to get flamed for expressing my 'love' for the PS3 (which right now, isn't loved very much)...

Ironic in a way.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, I guess after seeing nintendo going down the same route again, (pretty much no good 3rd party games) and horrible online
the 360 bans, MS trying to get more money any way possible
then ps3 price drop, exclusive after great exclusive, online is still slightly sloppy, in between wii and 360

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well by the looks of things, ill be picking this one up for PS3

Less hassle, i don't see myself changing from 3 discs, but IF there is like a way to install the WHOLE game to the HDD of the 360, then ill just get it then for 360
tongue.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, I'm surprised to see the PS3 win the race so far.

I'd pick the PS3 at any time, thanks to its great array of stunning exclusives...
Little Big Planet, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and MGS4, are some of the best games I've played this generation, and together with some less impressive but still great exclusives like Resistance 1+2, Wipeout HD, Flower, Uncharted 1, the Ratchet & Clank series, Valkyria Chronicles and a shit ton of other RPGs, as well as upcoming titles like God of War 3, Heavy Rain, GT5 or The Last fucking Guardian, what else could you ever want?
The only drawback are those half-assed ports the PS3 has been getting...However, the quality of PS3 ports seems to be increasing now.

Also, even though the PS3's online capabilities may be slightly more limited than that of the X360, keep in mind that it doesn't cost you a dime, as opposed to XBox Live Gold, which costs you like $50 a year...
Personally, I don't think the PS3's online experience is any inferior to that of the X360...You can voice-chat, you can text message and invite friends at any time during any game, and most importantly, it works, which can't be said about most Wii games with online capabilities.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
yea, I guess after seeing nintendo going down the same route again, (pretty much no good 3rd party games) and horrible online
the 360 bans, MS trying to get more money any way possible
then ps3 price drop, exclusive after great exclusive, online is still slightly sloppy, in between wii and 360
Wii's and PS3's online can't really be compared to Microsoft's paid servers. By paying a few bucks a month you get your money's worth.

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Well, a Xbox 360 is easy to modify for playing backups, but consider this:

A Xbox 360 use dual layer DVDs, and soon they will sell games on multiple dvds.
I think Forza 3 is on two dvds, and Final Fantasy 13 will be a multi disc game.
But if you like the games that are Xbox 360 only, then buy a 360.

But the PS3 is much better now, and many good games are coming to it, including Gran Turismo 5. (Finally a release date!)
I already have the PS3 Phat 80 GB with no PS2 emulation.
Uncharted 2 and Rachet & Clank kick ass!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DEagleson said:
Uncharted 2 and Rachet & Clank kick ass!

Said like a true fanboy, don't intend to start anything, but to be honest, i don't see why we should start judging consoles.

Wasn't the talk about FF13
wtf.gif

Both consoles are good at what they are supposed to do, that is playing games.

They just do it in different ways, we can't start judging things based on silly reasons like the above.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's just for FF13, get a PS3. The PS3 version of FF13 is gonna be the superior version.

Even if you get other games then FF13, I would get a PS3. Online is free, Games are in native resolution of 720p or 1080p. There is a lot better exclusives on PS3 as well. You can change your hard drive to any size you want after you get your ps3.

The 360 online isn't free, games are upscaled to 720p or 1080p, the exclusives sucks. Also, it always break.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Advice Dog said:
Wii's and PS3's online can't really be compared to Microsoft's paid servers. By paying a few bucks a month you get your money's worth.
Aren't the actual multiplayer games still hosted by players even on XBox Live?
As far as I know, XBL offers no advantage whatsoever when it comes to connection quality, could be wrong, though. Pretty certain it was like this back in the XBox1 days, though.
Anyway, if a PS3 game runs sloppy online, it's the game's fault. Uncharted 2's and MW2's multiplayer are running just as smoothly as any game on XBox Live.

Popcorn Fairy said:
deanxxczx said:
Does the PS3 come with a HD cable? Because i have a HD TV in my room
moogle.gif

The slim doesn't.

The original one didn't, either.

QUOTE(ShatteredScreens @ Nov 8 2009, 02:39 PM) You can pick up a HDMI cable for like £10. ($15?)
More like $1 on eBay. HDMI cables for $15 bucks are a fucking rip-off. It's a damn cable that transmits digital signals. A bit of copper here, a bit of plastic there, and there you have your absolutely perfect HDMI cable with no data loss or any of the other bullshit retailers are trying to make you believe.

QUOTE(DEagleson @ Nov 26 2009, 07:29 PM)
Well, a Xbox 360 is easy to modify for playing backups
Which has just worked out splendidly for those thousands of people who got banned for that reason, rendering their expensive XBox Live membership useless.
smileipb2.png

Also, there's one point apparently nobody has mentioned yet: The XBox360 is loud as hell, even after installing the game you're playing onto the HDD. It's absolutely unbearable at times, no kidding, even though this might differ throughout the countless versions of the X360. I sometimes cover mine with something to damp the noise.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
mcboom said:
deanxxczx said:
mcboom said:
Well if you want to pirate your games 360 is better because you can modify it unless they were able to hack the ps3 to play pirated games, but from what i remember the ps3 can't play pirated games yet but of course i am not sure.
Oh and i don't own either of the consoles i'm just stating my opinion

I wont be pirating FF13
rofl2.gif
Wait till a comparison vid comes out and see which version is better

I know the 360 version is going to have two discs, and the PS3 one is going to have only one. Lol thats about it
That's because blu-ray disks are far bigger.

If you don't care about modding your console and paying for your games, go with PS3.
And don't listen to the "360's online is far better than PS3's" shit, it's the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can keep those on your personal pc, no-one wants to see those but you, weirdo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://onexplayerstore.com/product...ming-handheld-pre-sale?variant=48759855481126 fucking $1,000 these are just becoming laptops without keyboards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be sweet tho, xbox/gamepass games on the go would be nice
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?