chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooray for the new section :grog:
So for those of us actually interested in the new XBOX, what are your thoughts on the possibilities of the new exclusives?
Do you think they'll all be primarily kinect/shooter genres, or can we hope for exciting fresh new IP's and new mascots to fall in love with?
Personally after seeing the rumors floating around, I'm hoping for a decent entry into the Banjo Kazooie franchise, and Most certainly more Fable!

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You beat me to the thread ;O;

If the XBone is way different than it's predecessor, I might actually consider getting it. I'm not so sure about what games I could play, though. Maybe Minecraft or a new Saints Row? Idk.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, Microsoft has kind of burned through their exclusive franchises. Rare's output certainly ain't what it used to be, so I couldn't see a new Banjo Kazooie/Killer Instinct/etc. as much to get excited for. The Fable franchise has devolved and crumbled, from the good Fable 1 to the meh Fable 2 to the bad Fable 3 and the awful spin-offs. I wouldn't hold out much hope for Fable 4 or whatever they end up announcing. I've never really cared for Halo, and racing games (like Forza and PGR) are definitely not my thing.

That only leaves me with Quantum Break. While I love Remedy as a studio, I can't see myself buying an entire system just for them. Besides, it'll probably follow the Alan Wake example and show up on PC a few years down the line; I have no problem waiting.

There might be some 3rd Party exclusives, but if this generation is anything to go by, most of them will likely end up on the PS4 and/or PC sometime in the near future anyway. I'd rather just wait it out then.

Maybe Microsoft will unveil some Killer App at E3, but at this point in time, I just don't see anything that would make the One worth dealing with.

Well that Titan game from the CoD guys sounds nifty, like a squad based attack on Shadow of the Collosus sized mechas!
XB1 exclusive by the sound of it though..

Xbox One, 360, and PC, if I remember correctly.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would kill for some jrpgs on xbox that doesn't suck
That'll probably happen if Japan embraced the XB1 over the PS4. By the looks of it, that's not happening, if the PS3/360 gen is any indication.

On the topic itself, I'm a bit divided by what the console will offer. Kinect is a nice tech demo, but so far it's mainly for dance/party games. Not really good for single player gaming. On the other hand, I hope they incorporate team speak with some kind of live video feed of the guy who's talking sweet things about my mother and their lovely date..

evans05

Trophies
XP
Country
Microsoft XBONE Lineup:

* Halo 5
* Killer Instinct
* BANJO KAZOOIE 4
* FORZA 5
* QUANTUM BREAK
* HALO: SPARTAN ASSAULT
* RYSE
* FABLE 4
* CRACKDOWN 3
* FORTNINE
* DEAD RISING 3
* COD: Ghosts
* BF 4
* Witcher 3
* Dying Light
* PREY 2
* Homefront 2
* BGE 2
* Mirror's edge 2
* Rainbow 6 PATRIOTS
* Brother in Arms
* League of legends

Capcom Next-Gen Lineup:

* Dead Rising 3 (XB1 exclusive, Capcom Vancouver)
* Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS4 exclusive, DD team doing it)
* Darkstalkers Reborn (Wii-U Exclusive, Funded by Nintendo, Dimps + Ono)
* Marvel Vs Capcom 4 (Both, Eighting + Capcom. Also "Expandable" and also allegedly taking advantage of Microsoft's E-Sports platform tools they gave to developers)
* Megaman (Both consoles, PC and done by 'A very good US developer who you won't expect but would be very happy to hear is doing it')
* New IP from Capcom Vancouver
* New IP from Ninja Theory
apparently this is the line up, killer instincts and dead rising, that's a good coup for them if dead rising 3 is an exclusive

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you have the wrong console for JRPGs. Japan never really cared for the original nor the 360.
And honestly, I don't think Microsoft really cared about Japan either.

Microsoft XBONE Lineup:

apparently this is the line up, killer instincts and dead rising, that's a good coup for them if dead rising 3 is an exclusive
That's definitely not an exclusive list though, League of Legends on there should tell you that much. It also tells me it's probably fake.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be fair, they certainly tried. They had a big push for JRPGs towards the beginning of the 360's life (Blue Dragon, Lost Oddyssey, etc.), but they weren't able to make much headway. I think that convinced them that Japan was a lost market and they were better off just putting their resources elsewhere.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They cared enough to make this a Japan exclusive:

Panzer01.jpg

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Whats the lineup?