Xbox OG first time hack HDD

dpg2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I want to follow this video to hack my stock PAL og xbox

I have everything I need I think to hack it; (based on the video)

I also bought this because I want to put a 1.5tb hard drive in https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Newest-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

My Questions

1. is this Sata to IDE adapter sufficient?
2. Should I change the hard drive and then hack or should I hack and then change the hard drive?

Cheers

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I want to follow this video to hack my stock PAL og xbox

I have everything I need I think to hack it; (based on the video)

I also bought this because I want to put a 1.5tb hard drive in https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Newest-2-5-3-5-Drive-SATA-to-ATA-IDE-Converter-Adapter/272644635219?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

My Questions

1. is this Sata to IDE adapter sufficient?
2. Should I change the hard drive and then hack or should I hack and then change the hard drive?

Cheers

No you also need a new IDE cable since the one that is in the Xbox only supports IDE drives. You need to get a 80wire connector. If you have an old pc laying around you can use that or order it online

Last edited by kumikochan,

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) use the startech or a cheap one like so. link
2) mod first as you would need the eeprom to lock a drive to that Xbox and that’s only achievable by hardware or modding the console first.
3) get yourself a 80wire IDE cable for 100% compatibility with sata drives. (ATA-100 upwards)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P