Xbox ftp help directory not found???

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question and could not find an answer on a lot of games I’m trying to ftp to the system. Ive tried multiple ftp clients cxboxtool, winscp, filezilla with the same issues it comes back directory not found? I attached a few images of 2 different games using different ftp programs. I can’t seem to figure out what the issue is. I cant understand what changed i transferred multiple games no problem and now this error is popping up frequently. I have also tried being on unleashx and xbmc and the issue still continues

IMG_7695.JPG IMG_7696.JPG

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ftp'd about 60 games a few days before without any issues. Then all of a sudden i started running into extremely slow transfer speeds using a crossover cable on xbmc a few games started failing to transfer i switched over to unleashx because the transfer speeds are better. They definitely are but now i am receiving this error on a lot of games. I cleared the cache in E drive i am wondering if the errors and failed transfers from the ftp being slow corrupted something on my F partition?

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 1tb hdd and 6xx available on F, just for a test i took one of the games that pop up that file directory error instantly when i ftp to the F drive. I sent it to E and it started copying over just fine no errors. I am afraid i have an issue with the F drive. I even tried copying the game to the root of the F drive not in the games directory and received the same issue

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's likely that you haven't formatted the HDD properly then or you're hitting the FATX limitations

some source on the web said:
FatX Limitations:
• 4GB / 4096 Megabyte 4294967296 bytes Max file size
• 42 characters for file names (there are also a bunch of characters not supported , accepted ones are limited to (that includes spaces)
(DVD's do not have the same limits and don't use FatX)
• A maximum of 240 in total folder depth (thats a folder inside a folder inside a folder inside a folder up to 240)
• A maximum of 240 folders/files in each folder (thats a flat limit)
• A maximum of 4096 files/folders in a single root folder (this is the grand total of files that can be stored in any single root sub folder)
• Cluster sizes supported = 4 KB (0x1000 bytes, 0x8 sectors per cluster), 8 KB (0x2000, 0x10 SPC),16 KB (0x4000, 0x20 SPC), 32 KB (0x8000, 0x40 SPC), 64 KB (0x10000, 0x80 SPC)

You could try to make a Games 2 folder and have UnleashX point to it (just edit the XML file and copy the original games folder line and insert it below it as Games 2)

Edit: or split the F into an F and G partition.
You're less likely to run into problems if you have partitions under 500 GB.

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i picked up this softmodded xbox used so i am not sure what was used and how it was formatted. I do not believe i hit any of the fatx limitations, i checked and i have more than i thought 110 games. I guess i can delete a few games and try to install the ones that are giving me an issue and see if that fixes it. If i split the F partition to F and G can i have xbmc or unleashx point to two directories for games?

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am fairly new into the modded xbox community. I had a tsop flashed xbox about 10 years ago so i am just getting back into it. Can you point me in the direction or tutorial how i can split the drive partitions i appreciate it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd firstly backup everything that's important to you before running XBpartitioner.
I believe if you format the F and G partition with a 32kb cluster size, it should work just dandy.

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will copy off the games on their which i am sure should be fun task with the amount and give that a shot, i appreciate the help

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i split the partition will it wipe what is already on F? I am assuming it will I do not have anything that i would be mad if i lost just a pain to ftp the games back

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks i went ahead and formatted F partition and split it into 2 with F and now G. I ftp'd some games to F and it worked great with cxboxtool. My last question is when i go to filemanger on xbmc it shows F and G both drives have 4xx space available. When i use cxboxtool only F shows up. I also use xbmc as my default dash but fire up unleash x to ftp since its faster. Unleash x does not show G partition in filemanager either. I have not tried filezilla or winscp yet to see if G is recognized. Just wondering if there is anything i missed. Cxboxtool gives me the fastest most reliable ftp speeds i would really like to access G with it if i could

Therobman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took a look in unleash x settings menu and there was a simple option enable G partition? and that worked, just want to say thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1