Gaming Xbox 360 worth it?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think there are any, unless you're into Halo and Gears of Wars series.
What I liked on the 360 before was their exclusive indie games.
But now most of those exclusive indie games went multi-platform.

Anyway, what I don't like about XBL is the Gold vs. Silver/Free membership.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
At this late stage? No. Not worth it.
The PS4 has already been announced and the next Xbox isn't going to be that far behind. Personally I prefer the Xbox over the PS3 (I don't know why but the Xbox feels like a much nicer experience than the barebones PS3) but if you've already invested in one there's little point in getting the other unless you really care about Halo or Forza and if you did you'd probably have bought a 360 instead of a PS3.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a 360, flash the drive or get an Xkey or RGH it.
Although that might be the best thing to do because of the Xbox One's release Microsoft won't be banning any where near as much because all there attention will be on the Xbox One.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually no.
MS will continue to combat piracy on the 360.
Not just as much ofcourse.
RGH/JTAG machines are still banned upon connection and flashed DVD's/Xkeys are still victim to unverified ISO rips/prerelease play etc.

It will continue to be so for the rest of the 360's life.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no.
MS will continue to combat piracy on the 360.
Not just as much ofcourse.
RGH/JTAG machines are still banned upon connection and flashed DVD's/Xkeys are still victim to unverified ISO rips/prerelease play etc.

It will continue to be so for the rest of the 360's life.

That's what I mean I know people will still get banned but nowhere near as much.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most if not all bans come from pre-release game play and faulty patched ISO's
Most of them are automatically (the faulty patched ISO's) and RGHs/JTAGs online.

Playing pre-release..
I seen people playing games 2 days before release over and over again without any problem.
It's not that obvious but playing a game a month before release, IE: Halo 4.
Yeh obviously MS will detect that ;p

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing bad rips won't get you banned. There would be way too many false bans from it, your game could just be all f'ed up. The thing is, even if you intentionally modify data MS doesn't check for it. The only way you can get banned from doing anything in terms of ISO's is if players report you. Actual bad rips will not ban you, ever. Correct me if I'm mistaken dude......

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you buy a Xbox 360, make sure it has no history of an RROD. And if you buy an S, it doesn't fail as much.

Xenons/Zephyrs are RRoD Machines.
Falcons (if kept dust free and exposed to lots of air) are sturdy
Jaspers/Kronosses hardly RRoD.

Slims are indeed better then Phats but harder to hack.
And yes, even those do RRoD.

Playing bad rips won't get you banned. There would be way too many false bans from it, your game could just be all f'ed up. The thing is, even if you intentionally modify data MS doesn't check for it. The only way you can get banned from doing anything in terms of ISO's is if players report you. Actual bad rips will not ban you, ever. Correct me if I'm mistaken dude......

Yes they do.
If they don't have the Topology data in place then then will fail to boot even.
Plus your secdata gets a AP 2.5 failure flag.

SplitVid isn't checked anymore so that's moot now.
But fail on vital points then you will get a flag for it.
And usually that means getting a ban.

And no. you can't really intentionally modify data (this depends per game)
I know GTA mods exist and someone I know plays it on his Xkey, but in general.
You can't modify data without breaking signatures.
And the 360 does check for game signatures.

Also, MS might keep an eye on you if you actively tell people you pirate on XBL.
They need solid evidence you play pirated games in order to ban you.
Ofcourse they can ban you whenever they want, but they won't ban you from a few people saying you pirate games.
I know that a lot of small kids go around and falsely report others for cheating/hacking/pirating etc.

Is there any reason to get a 360 over a PC?
360 is relatively cheap, Phatties are easy to hack and there are some pretty good exclusives.
It all comes down on your decision.
You want a controller and a telie? or KBM and a beast PC?

I'd personally go for the 360.
Turning it down cause you have to pay for Online gaming isn't a valid argument imho.
You DO NOT NEED a Gold account, but it does severely restrict your online experience.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless the likes of Halo, Gears of Wars, Forza or any of the few exclusives the 360 has appeal to your tastes, no I wouldn't push the 360 on you while you still have a PS3. Not saying it is a bad console or anything but for the odd title you maybe interested in you could find dirt cheap in a few years

Was gonna say this. Unless there's an exclusive game series you wanna play (Halo and Fable are my favorites), avoid it.

Having to pay just to play online (Xbox Live) is just.. so.. awful.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 is relatively cheap, Phatties are easy to hack and there are some pretty good exclusives.
It all comes down on your decision.
You want a controller and a telie? or KBM and a beast PC?

I'd personally go for the 360.
Turning it down cause you have to pay for Online gaming isn't a valid argument imho.
You DO NOT NEED a Gold account, but it does severely restrict your online experience.
A PC that plays games a 360 can play isn't all that expensive, either. You have the option, however, to dump more money into it and get to play games that will be coming on the next consoles. There's nothing stopping you from hooking it up to a TV, and I'd assume most games that are on the 360 and PC should allow you to use a controller if you wanted to, too.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A PC that plays games a 360 can play isn't all that expensive, either. You have the option, however, to dump more money into it and get to play games that will be coming on the next consoles. There's nothing stopping you from hooking it up to a TV, and I'd assume most games that are on the 360 and PC should allow you to use a controller if you wanted to, too.

Getting a PC to play the quality of a 360..
You're looking at 500+ for a PC whilst a 360 is something like 100 quid max (used)

No, I take a console over a PC.
Mainly cause I have no room for a beast PC, nor do I bother with upgrading hardware.

PC gaming has its ups and down, so does console gaming.

In short: 360 is it for me.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topology data needs to be there, but anything else in terms of poor rips will not get you banned. I swear so much misinformation is spread around these days, the Xbox scene seems to be the worst with it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would personally say if you can get one really cheap then it is worth it just for Halo , but try and pick up copies of the old Halo's as well if you haven't previously played them and start from number 1 moving forwards.

Forza is also the best driving game in my opinion so if your into driving then I would recommend that.

Blue dragon and Lost odyssey were also great RPG's..

There's a few others such as Gears of War and Fable that are worth a play so it all depends on how cheap you can get a 360 for.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Topology data needs to be there, but anything else in terms of poor rips will not get you banned. I swear so much misinformation is spread around these days, the Xbox scene seems to be the worst with it.

Fail on a CIV check and you'l get a flag ;]
It's not a bad rip, it's a bad burn tho...

If your ISO doesn't pass ABGX then it's a bad rip.
See how you want it but if ABGX didn't check it correctly then you'll have a higher risk of getting caught.

Blue dragon and Lost odyssey were also great RPG's..

You forgot Eternal Sonata :c

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a PC to play the quality of a 360..
You're looking at 500+ for a PC whilst a 360 is something like 100 quid max (used)
You may be surprised what you can do on a budget using an AMD APU. Also gotta be careful with those used 360's, 'cause it might have had some RRoD trouble in the past.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You may be surprised what you can do on a budget using an AMD APU. Also gotta be careful with those used 360's, 'cause it might have had some RRoD trouble in the past.

Flashed phatty still is cheaper.
And not really, Xenons and Zephyrs are indeed RRoD consoles.
Falcons (if kept in a open enviroment and pretty dust free) are pretty sturdy.
I hardly ever seen a Jasper/Kronos go RRoD.

It all comes down to maintaining it clean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj