Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usbUpdate_1270568251.jpg

A comparison between what the hard drive, external hard drive, and memory units can do

QUOTE said:
Earlier this morning, Microsoft released the previously announced Xbox 360 system update that allows users to store data on an external USB harddrive. The update is mandatory, and you'll be prompted to update your console as soon as you sign into Xbox Live.

A few things to note:

1. Your Xbox 360 will partition 512MB of data on each external drive, meaning any drive you use must be at least 1GB in size.

2. All drives inserted must be configured before use. Microsoft support has posted a step-by-step process on how to do so.

3. The maximum size limit per drive is 16GB. Any remaining harddrive space can still be used regularly. Users can only insert two external drives at one time.

4. You can use any USB or external drive. Microsoft recommends you use the Xbox 360-branded SanDisk USB drive to "ensure the most seamless experience and optimal performance." Those drives won't be available until early May and are expected to cost between $40 and $70.

Update: Microsoft has confirmed the prices for Xbox 360 SanDisk USB drives. The 8GB stick will cost $34.99 and the 16GB for $69.99.

Source

I downloaded it this morning but have yet to try it. I didn't know this was in the update until I read the article.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From what I can tell, when you put a USB in it formats it in such a way that is only usable to the Xbox. For now at least. Since I formatted and copied a save over to a USB, plugged it into the computer and all it shows is a empty USB but still being full in terms of space used.

Probably will get broke in like a month, maybe. x:

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twiffles said:
From what I can tell, when you put a USB in it formats it in such a way that is only usable to the Xbox. For now at least. Since I formatted and copied a save over to a USB, plugged it into the computer and all it shows is a empty USB but still being full in terms of space used.

Probably will get broke in like a month, maybe. x:

The xbox 360 folder is just hidden lol. just set the file brower to show hidden files and it appears. than right click on folder, prop. uncheck hide files and read only. Unfortunely why u can than see the DAT files, there is currantly no way to read them.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chartube12 said:
The xbox 360 folder is just hidden lol. just set the file brower to show hidden files and it appears. than right click on folder, prop. uncheck hide files and read only.
Ah, my bad. haha Totally forgot you can do that.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
usbUpdate_1270568251.jpg

If i'm reading this right either M$ are being pricks or somebody's made a mistake. For some reason there's no cross next to "Music" on the table but I know for a fact that I can play music of my USB flash drive right now, also if you can play movies off a USB stick why not music? It makes no sense!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo