raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, so it got here.
It's a Trinity model. Manufactured on 2011-04-01. Dashboard 16202. Model 1439.

Have my options changed, or is it still RGH or bust?
Edit: And are RGH options better for Trinity than for Corona? I've heard they are.
You can directly flash your drive. You have a 50% chance that it'll be kinda easy (requiring minor soldering, just a resistor and a wire) and that it'll be kinda suicidal (Kamikaze attack).

The second one is "easy" too if you buy the X-Bond Kamikaze kit (I use that and it's easy!), but there's always a risk of screwing it.

You can just replace the entire DVD board if something goes wrong with the Kamikaze anyway. Just REMEMBER to ALWAYS dump your DVDkey from the drive before attempting anything!

Also, glitch-chips have a REALLY varying boot-time, which can go from few seconds to some minutes. I'd not use it unless I needed to (like with Coronas).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also, glitch-chips have a REALLY varying boot-time, which can go from few seconds to some minutes. I'd not use it unless I needed to (like with Coronas).

CR3 Pro has pretty fast boot times on even the most stubborn consoles.
RGX converted DGX chips sometimes outpreform the CR3 pro ;o

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You'll convene with me that if you're just after backups, a flashed firmware will always be the best and nearest thing to the real deal ;o

Also CR3 Pro = $$$.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's money yes, but the fact lies with the reliability and speed of glitchchips.
Cheaper chips are bound to be slower then higher end ones ;o

However, if one is to only play backups then an Xkey/DDV flash is the best option.
Waste of a perfectly good RGH if ones intention is to only play games.

glennie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so it got here.
It's a Trinity model. Manufactured on 2011-04-01. Dashboard 16202. Model 1439.

Have my options changed, or is it still RGH or bust?
Edit: And are RGH options better for Trinity than for Corona? I've heard they are.
i knew it was a trinity. now look at your dvd model type and if its a liteon dg- 16d4s you can flash to get your key then replace you dvd pcb board with the replacement pcb or xkey .trinty is harder when you update it higher than dashboard 14719 until they come out with dgx. it was hard to glitch until dgx.trying to rgh or dgx you got to know how to solder and plus the big thing is messing up your nand.you mess up your nand or pull a pad trying to solder you can mess up the xbox for trash. that is what i do rgh and dgx. dgx is the best now. love it. andim if you cant solder dont try it untill you learn how because it can cost you.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll convene with me that if you're just after backups, a flashed firmware will always be the best and nearest thing to the real deal ;o

Also CR3 Pro = $$$.

I don't see how the price of the pro is a problem. The whole bundle of everything you need is £46, an xbox360usb pro v2 for easy flashing is £50. If you've already got a J-runner V2, then the pro is £26.

How is that expensive?

Older chips are all good as well, on all but the stubborn consoles. My trinity has a rev c in it that cost £10, <30s every time, people just cba to tweak the install and then moan about boot times. Not that it matters anymore, may as well just buy the pro, still cheaper than all the gear to flash a slim.

It's money yes, but the fact lies with the reliability and speed of glitchchips.
Cheaper chips are bound to be slower then higher end ones ;o

However, if one is to only play backups then an Xkey/DDV flash is the best option.
Waste of a perfectly good RGH if ones intention is to only play games.

Well what else are ya going to do? It's not like the 360 is rolling in homebrew, sure you get xbla and dlc, but it's still just playing games :).

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't see how the price of the pro is a problem. The whole bundle of everything you need is £46, an xbox360usb pro v2 for easy flashing is £50. If you've already got a J-runner V2, then the pro is £26.

How is that expensive?
They go around for 40-45€ here. Flashing via SATA = no cost. Compared to 0, everything is expensive, don't you agree? :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Older chips are all good as well, on all but the stubborn consoles. My trinity has a rev c in it that cost £10, <30s every time, people just cba to tweak the install and then moan about boot times. Not that it matters anymore, may as well just buy the pro, still cheaper than all the gear to flash a slim.

CR rev a in a Falcon on RGH1, boot everytime on the first glitch.
Had a Jasper once and it took a minute to boot.
Best I could do.

Well what else are ya going to do? It's not like the 360 is rolling in homebrew, sure you get xbla and dlc, but it's still just playing games :).

Preventing headaches from noobs and preventing them from fucking up their console ;p
But yes, the only Homebrew is some emulators and some ported old games.

I still advice people an Xkey/DVD flash.
Less of an hassle for them.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They go around for 40-45€ here. Flashing via SATA = no cost. Compared to 0, everything is expensive, don't you agree? :)

I thought the slim lite-on needs extra stuff to get it into vendor mode and can't be done with sata only.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your SATA port needs to be compatible, i just bought the usb pro to do the job.
Also a replacement pcb isnt needed on the d4s drives, you can do the kamikaze hack :)

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I thought the slim lite-on needs extra stuff to get it into vendor mode and can't be done with sata only.
Nope, I use a plain AMD mainboard with no special stuff to flash the drives. You can put them in vendor mode with 50c of wire + resistor OR a small drill bit.

glennie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is already released ;p

It's the RGH.
It just uses new ECC files.
the one you talking about is for slims
the one for fats is not out yet. you cant rgh a phat with dashboard over 14719
also you cant rgh a fat over 14699. if you do it will be rgh2 because it split the cb's to two.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the one you talking about is for slims
the one for fats is not out yet. you cant rgh a phat with dashboard over 14719

Yes you can.
Install a CR3 Lite/CR3 Pro and flash one of the newly released ECC's to the glitchchips.

Bet you it will boot.
(well depends on your soldering)

glennie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can.
Install a CR3 Lite/CR3 Pro and flash one of the newly released ECC's to the glitchchips.

Bet you it will boot.
(well depends on your soldering)
i tell you what why dont you try it and tell me what happens. i know what will happen. which process you talking about. iam updating a slim now from 14699 to 16203

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: wrong stick la +1