Gaming Xbox 360 releases of the year- calling reviewers.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Once again we have seen a fairly active releases season which is all but over so I thought it would be nice to gather up a list of the games from the last few months (or year if you want or even 360 releases in general) and have a few reviews of them, we have done similar things in the past and they have gone over well. Naturally it will be linked up on the portal too.
My aim here is to make a monster thread similar to the retro reviews Hadrian and co made up a few months back http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163364 . This being said depending on how things end up we may have proper web pages, a wiki setup, a link of posts to other forum posts so no need to worry there. I will take care of the grunt work on that side of things and a few reviews as well.

It might also help to lift some of the gloom/lighten the mood following all the various developments and drama of the last few months which is somewhat called for right now.

Reviews of the same game from multiple people are good (or if you want to work together that is fine too).
You can have short reviews a few paragraphs long or full blown reviews if you want (if you want you can tap out a few lines and have them at the end of a bigger review).
Creative control is entirely up to you but if you want a hand I am more than willing to help with some things if needs be. This extends to scoring: do it or do not.
A fight between two games (COD MW2 vs Operation Flashpoint has been kicking around in my head for months).
Similarly FPS games of 2009 is also an option (an RPG would be especially good as this year saw loads of them).

Release names, nuke info NFOs and region locking would be nice but I can sort that if not.

Some suggestions for games of 2009, I have omitted XBLA games somewhat but go there too if you want:

Tornado Outbreak
MX vs. ATV reflex
Borderlands
Prototype
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Call of Duty MW2
Magna Carta 2
Wet
Velvet Assassin
Tales of Vesperia (granted this was Europe 2009 release, US was back in 2008)
Risen
Assassin's Creed II
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Tekken 6
Forza Motorsport 3
Resident Evil 5
Batman: Arkham Asylum
DiRT 2
Watchmen: The End is Nigh
Ghostbusters The Video Game
Afro Samurai
Fallout 3 expansions/GOTY
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
Skate 2
Brutal Legend
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Saw
X-Blades
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Mushihimesama Futari
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
Halo 3: ODST
Dragon Age: Origins
Divinity 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Need for Speed: Shift
Section 8

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you want us to name the titles we are interested in so that we don't end up with 50 reviews of a single game.

EDIT: If that is the case, I will review Resident Evil 5, Borderlands and Assassins Creed 2.
Also, when will the reviews be needed?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A large amount for some games was something I feared might happen, we do have a fair representation of tastes including the somewhat more eclectic.

Timeframe: I put the final final timeframe at 18th of December so we have it up on Saturday morning (probably more like Saturday evening around you though) but I will not hold off it all comes together sooner. I also see a few people are still waiting on wave 4 support at a hardware level so things may change depending on how that goes.

I like the games idea as well so games I have played, got far enough to do a review and can write up
Borderlands
RE5
Wet
Magna Carta 2
Risen
Sacred 2 I played on the PC.
Left 4 Dead 2
Halo 3: ODST
Skate 2
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

The rest I have not played at all or not enough to warrant a review. If necessary I can speed through
Call of Duty MW2
Fallout 3 expansions/GOTY (I have yet to play an expansion)
Need for Speed: Shift (I am not inclined to do such a thing unless truly necessary)
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony (I have not played GTA 4 all that much or lost and the damned either)

I need to play more games or stop playing catch up.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dont speed through the games, thats all I would recommed. Are you going to be able to review all of those games? Because if you are, your going to be showing us all up.
tongue.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't mind reviewing Shift and DiRT 2, i got those games simultaneously, and i could probably write a good compare and contrast (seeming as though they are somewhat alike)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-