Hacking xbox 360 - questions x3key & retail discs

guicee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

i hope someone can help me out with this, i recently bought a xbox 360 elite that was advertised as untested. Turns out it has been modded with a x3key. Since i don't have any experience with modded xbox 360s in general I have some general questions:

1. Retail games don't play?

- when I start the xbox 360 with the power button, the disc tray won't open at all
- when I start the xbox 360 via the eject button, the disc tray does open, but although it sounds like the xbox 360 is trying to read the disc, the game doesn't launch

is the x3key causing this issue? if so, can removing the x3key mod resolve this issue (can it even be removed)?

2. how can i use the x3key without a remote?

I tried to download a xbox 360 game (iso) and put it on a usb stick, but how do I get the xbox 360 to launch the iso?

Last edited by guicee,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's normal behaviour.
Booting it with the eject button puts in in pass-through mode and allows for retail discs to be played.
Power button puts it into emulation mode and makes it search for connected media.

You can put 360 ISOs after you've stealth patched then with ABGX in a folder called GAMES on the root of a USB drive, format it to NTFS.
The Xkey should load the games in if MenuISO is enabled.

I'd suggest reading up a bit on the Xkey, it's quite simple to use without a remote and firmware reinstallation is as simple as plugging in a USB drive (FAT32 iirc) and waiting 5 minutes.
The Xkey will automatically apply the firmware + new settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0