Gaming Xbox 360, Overpriced or Reasonable?

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok well i pre-ordered FFXIII But i dont have an xbox yet. But next weekend i get a huge pay bonus, just wondering what tempers think of the price of what i planning on buying:

Xbox 360 Elite + 250gb HDD + 2 Wireless Controllers + A headset + Mass Effect 2 And Borderlands.

I am planing on trading in borderlands and getting Star Ocean.

Too Much, Or is it reasonable?

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
250gb hdd? unless you plan to flash the dvd drive/know many friends who play on live. i don't think its worth i at all. the only advantage the 360 has over the ps3 right now is piracy and homebrew imo.

even then, a 250gb straight from ms puts a giant hole in your pocket, stick with what you get.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
final fantasy 13 on xbox 360 runs in 576p sub-hd resolution and uses low bitrate 720p for video and lossy lowbitrate dolby digital for the audio, and is on 3 discs. PS3 version runs in 720p, 10x more stable framerate, better texture quality, high bitrate 1080p blu-ray quality FMVs and lossless 7.1 audio.

Basically, spending money on the 360 version of ffxiii is what a peasant would do. Go PS3.

Or pirate FF13 like everyone else plans on doing. Then a 360 is worth it. But if money is to be spent on games, go ps3.

Ryufushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
quepaso said:
final fantasy 13 on xbox 360 runs in 576p sub-hd resolution and uses low bitrate 720p for video and lossy lowbitrate dolby digital for the audio, and is on 3 discs. PS3 version runs in 720p, 10x more stable framerate, better texture quality, high bitrate 1080p blu-ray quality FMVs and lossless 7.1 audio.

Basically, spending money on the 360 version of ffxiii is what a peasant would do. Go PS3.

Or pirate FF13 like everyone else plans on doing. Then a 360 is worth it. But if money is to be spent on games, go ps3.
PS3 is still expensive as hell down here, about $600 for the console and a game. That why i chose the xbox, also, i might be an FF fan, but i dont really like Playstation, my friend has a PS3 and i cant stand the damn thing, its ugly, bulky and.....i just....-shudders- So that wasn't and option for me, plus the Xbox version is cheaper.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would keep your eyes peeled as you can get a 360 with said accesories and pre-hacked for $300-$400 USD. That's just under $300 €.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Vincent Valentine said:
my friend has a PS3 and i cant stand the damn thing, its ugly, bulky and.....i just....-shudders- So that wasn't and option for me, plus the Xbox version is cheaper.

LOL you make me laugh, have you stepped back and had a good look at the xbox 360 design? it's like a 5 year old designed it, it scratches discs, sounds like a jet airplane, RROD, massive power brick, and you have to PAY to go online, hate the ps3 all you want, but you are missing out, i know you can't afford a ps3 but there is no need to slag off the ps3 like that just because you can't afford one, oh and you forgot one major thing in your bundle, you need a wireless adaptor to go online, enjoy your money accesory grabbing xbox.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
...you need a wireless adaptor to go online, enjoy your money accesory grabbing xbox.
Um, no you don't. The 360 has an ethernet nic on the back of it meaning you can plug it directly to your router with the ethernet cable the 360 comes with. You only need a wireless adapter if you want to go wireless. Even then you have the choice of Microsoft's wireless b/g, Microsoft's wireless n, or with any wireless bridge.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps3, 360, and a wii...as much as it pains me to say it, I've gotten WAY more "bang for my buck" out of my 360. It easily has the most robust online content, with tons of worthwhile games to play without even buying a disc, and the multi-system games seem to run much nicer on the xbox overall, with very few exceptions.

I say go for it. But spend your $$ on a new one, and install every game you get to the HD on the first play.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Borderlands is an awesome game with excellent online co-op, so at least, beat it!
wink.gif

Ryufushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank You everyone for your info, im sticking with this one, yes i did read the posts but the question wasnt "Whats better Xbox 360 Or PS3" it was wether the price was reasonable. And from what ive read here and elsewhere, it isnt too bad a price. Thanks again people.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
hundshamer said:
jalaneme said:
...you need a wireless adaptor to go online, enjoy your money accesory grabbing xbox.
Um, no you don't. The 360 has an ethernet nic on the back of it meaning you can plug it directly to your router with the ethernet cable the 360 comes with. You only need a wireless adapter if you want to go wireless. Even then you have the choice of Microsoft's wireless b/g, Microsoft's wireless n, or with any wireless bridge.

She's just an ignorant biased fangirl, don't worry about her.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would just say that you should try going to www.PALGN.com.au as it updates every week with the latest Australian deals on consoles and games.

Ryufushichou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Vincent Valentine said:
my friend has a PS3 and i cant stand the damn thing, its ugly, bulky and.....i just....-shudders- So that wasn't and option for me, plus the Xbox version is cheaper.

LOL you make me laugh, have you stepped back and had a good look at the xbox 360 design? it's like a 5 year old designed it, it scratches discs, sounds like a jet airplane, RROD, massive power brick, and you have to PAY to go online, hate the ps3 all you want, but you are missing out, i know you can't afford a ps3 but there is no need to slag off the ps3 like that just because you can't afford one, oh and you forgot one major thing in your bundle, you need a wireless adaptor to go online, enjoy your money accesory grabbing xbox.

You say the Xbox is a power brick....lol, the PS3 draws more power than and xbox, also yes i have looked at the xbox design and its alot better than an odd shaped brick that sound even more like a jet plane. So Either your deaf, blind or just not too smart.

QUOTE(SkH @ Feb 25 2010, 01:26 AM)
Borderlands is an awesome game with excellent online co-op, so at least, beat it!
wink.gif
Got it on PC, not too bad, that why im trading, dont see the point in having 2 copies of same game.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You know, if you already have a good PC, then an xbox would be useless.

I mean, PS3 at least has a bunch of decent exclusives, like Demon's Souls (again), Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, 3D Dot Game heroes and Last guardian.

What does the 360 have? Crackdown, and Alan wake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...