Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well i went to readioshack today and bought a switch because my Router only has one Ethernet port and that for my PC internet. So it finnaly figure out how to set it all up and i get on my xbox and its fine. I go over to my computer to activate my Xbox live card, but my internet isnt conencted. I check all the connections and their fine. My dad comes over and does something and now my internet is working but my Xbox live isnt getting a ip adress. So i try manually adding it and doest work. It says that maybe my Router is filtering out my consoles MAC adress.

thats my problem. ow do i unfilter my XB360's MAC adress? Ny router is a Motorola SBV5220.
My switch is a Netgear 5 port ethernet switch.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your 360 needs the MAC Address to connect to LIVE. Otherwise it won't work. It's easy to find it though. Just open up a Command Prompt and type "ipconfig/all" and find it. Sometimes the MAC Address is named Physical Address. My friend had a similar problem connecting to live without the MAC Address and we finally figured it out. =) You can also enter all your other settings too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout