Xbox 360 isnt connecting...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Sorox, Dec 26, 2008.

Dec 26, 2008

Xbox 360 isnt connecting... by Sorox at 7:40 PM (642 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Sorox
    OP

Member Sorox Master Firo Soul

United States
    Well i went to readioshack today and bought a switch because my Router only has one Ethernet port and that for my PC internet. So it finnaly figure out how to set it all up and i get on my xbox and its fine. I go over to my computer to activate my Xbox live card, but my internet isnt conencted. I check all the connections and their fine. My dad comes over and does something and now my internet is working but my Xbox live isnt getting a ip adress. So i try manually adding it and doest work. It says that maybe my Router is filtering out my consoles MAC adress.

thats my problem. ow do i unfilter my XB360's MAC adress? Ny router is a Motorola SBV5220.
    My switch is a Netgear 5 port ethernet switch.

2. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Your 360 needs the MAC Address to connect to LIVE. Otherwise it won't work. It's easy to find it though. Just open up a Command Prompt and type "ipconfig/all" and find it. Sometimes the MAC Address is named Physical Address. My friend had a similar problem connecting to live without the MAC Address and we finally figured it out. =) You can also enter all your other settings too.