Xbox 360 Elite VS PS3 Slim

BanjoMumbo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that the Xbox 360 Elite at $300.00 is a better deal. I think that the Xbox Live Community is more sprawling than that of the PSN community. Also, you can download arcade demos on the Xbox 360. Also, the Xbox 360 Elite has a better sleek design.

The PS3 deal is good though, I just rather prefer Xbox 360. Because, even though Xbox Live costs money, it has higher quality service because of it.
moogle.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
BanjoMumbo said:
I think that the Xbox 360 Elite at $300.00 is a better deal. I think that the Xbox Live Community is more sprawling than that of the PSN community. Also, you can download arcade demos on the Xbox 360. Also, the Xbox 360 Elite has a better sleek design.

The PS3 deal is good though, I just rather prefer Xbox 360. Because, even though Xbox Live costs money, it has higher quality service because of it.
moogle.gif
Yeah, if you can support little kids screaming down your headset every round of Cod4.
mad.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Arwing789 said:
Yeah, I don't plan to or EVER to pirate console games. And as for PS3 exclusives vs Xbox exclusives

PS3

Killzone 2 Disappointment.
LittleBigPlanet Gets repetitive
INFAMOUS (OMGWTFBBQ!!!!) Didn't play
Uncharted A+ Game
Ratchet and Clank meh
MGS4 Good game, bad replay value imo
Resistance 2 Disappointment
Pixeljunk Gets repetitive
MAG Not sure yet. Might suffer from lag issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3_exclusives

Not to mention all the great JRPGs and import games PS3 supports

Xbox

Viva Pinata Decent.
Halo 3 IMO, not a good game.
Gears of War 2 Good, but pretty hard.
Fable 2 Not into these games.
F.E.A.R. meh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_exclusives

Obvious choice is PS3...

Obvious choice? I don't think so. You just listed SOME of the 360 exclusives, I think you should consider some multi-platform games towards the 360 as well, since most of them run better on Xbox 360.

If you like the PS3 more, sure get it. But PSN is seriously lacking in features, and IMO the PS3 controller is god awful. At least my white imported DS3 is. It was good when I bought it (a few months before MGS4's release date) but now its all worn out. Spending $50 a year on new controllers is a pain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: QUOTE(Arwing789 @ Sep 1 2009, 10:20 PM) PS2 Compatibility was only available for a very select few of the earliest models of the PS3. If you're reading this and you own a PS3, chances are it cannot play PS2 games. And who gives a damn about Linux on your TV >_>

Well after seeing this, I can see you are very one-sided towards the PS3. Very few select? BC was available for half the PS3s life span. More than half the consoles sold had BC on it. I bought my 80GB in 2007 so it has PS2 BC.

Either way, I believe this thread is useless. Based on your messages it seems you've already made up your mind. On either one you chose I believe its a good choice..

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After owning the pstripple for the last few months, most of the exclusives were short as hell, or a disappointment. MGS4 is something I'd be playing if it's cutscenes aren't so damn long. I'll play it eventually.

Valkyria wasn't as fun as I was expecting it to be. Good game with a lot of flaws. It's definitely something new for a console game, but to me, it was just overrated. Thankfully, this game has what most pstripple games lack. Being lengthy.

Uncharted is really fun for awhile, and has impressive graphics. Unfortunately, it's short, and can be beaten in a single day. Looking forward to the 2nd game though.

Rachet and Clank: Tools of destruction was fun, but after playing about 3 or 4 hours, my friend told me I'm already not too far away from the ending. Too bad I lost the disc. Very very short. Looked and sounded great at least. I'll consider purchasing the upcoming game once it drops in price, I guess.

inFAMOUS suffers the same problem as Uncharted, but it's problem was that it was fun for maybe 2 hours. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have the enemies shooting NONSTOP FROM ANYWHERE ON THE MAP? ANYWHERE I GO, I GET SHOT AT. Story was a little weird, but the none of the characters really felt memorable. The worst part is that it's incredibly repetitive. Zap people, get to a new location, go down to the sewer, find the electric charger thing, gain new powers. Repeat. I played the game for 5 hours or so, and dammit, that was all the things I fucking got to do.

Hell, the only game I've been playing for the last few months is Blazblue, and it's a multiplat. The PStripple lacks JRPGs in general, and seems to just lack so much, from a general gaming perspective. The fanboys make fun of 360 for having shooters (It's true that 360 does have quite a few shooters) but when the ps3 has just as many, if not even more. Resistance, MAG, Killzone 2? Anyone? And going through the list of PS3 games on Metacritics, the only game I've yet to try is LBP. But I guess I'll buy the GOTY edition and decide for myself. Oh, and did I forget to mention that the ps3 has a very small amount of online options?

Well, if PS3 really does get Persona 5 as an exclusive, that would sure change my mind about PS3 not having games, but who knows when it'll be announced.

It's not as if the 360 is doing better with it's 53% failure rates, but heck. At least it has some games to play that isn't a disappointment.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't forget that you can use ANY bluetooth headset for the PS3. You don't have to buy a specially designed one like you would the 360.

And the PS3 has more games that use dedicated servers, which means less laggy online play. As opposed to P2P servers. Although most, if not all, cross platform games still use P2P servers.

Tropicana, you're saying most of the PS3 exclusives are short and boring? What 360 exclusives aren't? And remember 360 exclusives are limited with DVDs, meaning you're not going to be able to fit as much detail in, or have a longer game. Halo 3 got very boring, very quickly, and took hours to complete. It's only redeeming quality is the online play, but then again if I wanted good online I'd play on something like Call of Duty (if you don't count the fucked up spawning system where you spawn into a cooked grenade).

DARKSHIDARA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want exclusives get the Xbox 360 elite this days the ps3 is losing exclusives even to the Wii(example Monster Hunter TRI) or at the last hour they end up being shared with the Xbox 360 (example FF13) the 360 gets the DLC first and some times exclusively... the sixaxis argument is a joke as devs dont give a fuck about its existence and everybody knows that even with the 50$ a year burden Xbox live is the best console online play to date....
(not a troll or a fanboy never been one as i own a Wii an Xbox 360 elite and a Playstation 3 80gb with backwards compability the only one worth getting)

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best 360 "exclusives" tend to be released on PC at the same time, in a superior more flexible form (hax, modz, mouse keyboard).

What actual 360 exclusives there are, I don't find too impressive or brilliant at all.
Halo 3 has gotten quite old over the years, Fable 2 was about as deep as a Uwe Boll film, and Gears of War 2 proved to be more of the same as the first title, which I played, finished, and loved on the PC.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
And remember 360 exclusives are limited with DVDs, meaning you're not going to be able to fit as much detail in, or have a longer game. Halo 3 got very boring, very quickly, and took hours to complete. It's only redeeming quality is the online play, but then again if I wanted good online I'd play on something like Call of Duty (if you don't count the fucked up spawning system where you spawn into a cooked grenade).
Halo 3 single player was awesome if you had 3 other friends(or maybe just 1 or 2)... I beat the campaign twice.

Also, if you look at a PS3 release list, not many PS3 games are over 8.5GB (the capacity of 360 disks)... I counted about 4 US releases from my glance over it.

Regardless of all that, I prefer the 360 for its superior controller, larger userbase, XBL, and the exclusives (you can argue that PC has "most" of them but how many people actually have a PC capable of playing those games?)

Perhaps if you are deciding on which one to get, it would be best to play each unit at a friends house or a store and see how it plays out personally for you... this is how I came to my conclusion anyway (that and back when I was buying my 360, PS3 had no good games at all).

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
ShatteredScreens said:
And remember 360 exclusives are limited with DVDs, meaning you're not going to be able to fit as much detail in, or have a longer game. Halo 3 got very boring, very quickly, and took hours to complete. It's only redeeming quality is the online play, but then again if I wanted good online I'd play on something like Call of Duty (if you don't count the fucked up spawning system where you spawn into a cooked grenade).
Halo 3 single player was awesome if you had 3 other friends(or maybe just 1 or 2)... I beat the campaign twice.

Also, if you look at a PS3 release list, not many PS3 games are over 8.5GB (the capacity of 360 disks)... I counted about 4 US releases from my glance over it.

Regardless of all that, I prefer the 360 for its superior controller, larger userbase, XBL, and the exclusives (you can argue that PC has "most" of them but how many people actually have a PC capable of playing those games?)

Perhaps if you are deciding on which one to get, it would be best to play each unit at a friends house or a store and see how it plays out personally for you... this is how I came to my conclusion anyway (that and back when I was buying my 360, PS3 had no good games at all).

Excuse me? As far as I can see, the only thing I'd miss about the 360 controller is how the analog caves inward instead of outward. I don't like the buttons (though they are colorful), I don't like the easy-to-hit Xbox button, and I especially don't like AAs or whatever battery it takes

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
Excuse me? As far as I can see, the only thing I'd miss about the 360 controller is how the analog caves inward instead of outward. I don't like the buttons (though they are colorful), I don't like the easy-to-hit Xbox button, and I especially don't like AAs or whatever battery it takes
Well if you would kindly read the previous word "prefer" I prefer the 360's controller because of the quite a bit more powerful rumble, the shape of it, as it fits in my hands more comfortably, and the trigger buttons feel nicer than the PS3 controllers'.

DARKSHIDARA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arwing789
QUOTE said:
Both? I wish. I really am liking this PS3 Slim, considering it has a bunch of great exclusives, free wifi, no AA batteries, and my family has never owned a blu-ray player Besides, InFamous looks AMAZING. I even played it at the Target, I almost shat myself at the graphics.

QUOTE said:
Take the $300 Xbox, a couple of $60 games, the HDMI cables, the $100 wifi adapter, all the maintenance fees you will need to pay throughout your console's lifetime, and $50 A YEAR JUST FOR ONLINE, and you get a much more expensive product than the PS3.

QUOTE said:
There is no difference between the slim model and the regular model other than hard drive size and cosmetics.

QUOTEYeah, IMO the console with the better failure rate is the winner, hands down. Don't want to have to return an Xbox for some $100+ maintenance and repairs every couple or so months.

with these statements you made it obvious that you started this thread just to see ps3 fanboys vs xbox 360 fanboys
just buy the one you want (you probably have a ps3 already by giving it the edge in your 1st post) and end this shit we dont need this "which is better shit" its all about taste and games

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
(you can argue that PC has "most" of them but how many people actually have a PC capable of playing those games?)
Using the quotes doesn't make any sense, because PC does have most of what people consider 360 exclusives. And how many people actually have a PC capable of playing those games? Quite a lot, actually. All it takes to realize this is the Steam userbase.

And to own a PC capable of playing these games doesn't come off as too expensive these days. You can buy a solid GeForce that can run Left4Dead at Max settings for around $80-$100 on Newegg. That's cheap. And when I build computers for people, I find that the most expensive component tends to be the large LCD monitors that they ask for.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly most of the noteworthy exclusives such as Halo, Gears 2, and Fable 2 are 360 only. Which exclusives do you mean?

Also, a steam user isn't comparable to the average user with a computer. Most people/kids/whatever buy a gaming console when their PC isn't up to the challenge of playing the latest games (as I did, as mine isn't, it has a 8600gt but that not capable of playing anything at 360 quality)

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if anyone mentioned this but the 360 comes with composite cables. I see no difference between them and HDMI unless you are using 1080i.

As for which one to go with. I have had the 360 for years and just got a ps3 slim a few days ago. I think because I've had the 360 for longer, I like it better. I cant get used to the ps3 at all and I already have a library of games for the 360 so the ps3 is just sitting gathering dust. I feel terribly but I bought it and hardly used it. But that has nothing to do with what you are doing. I guess whatever one you go with you will enjoy most.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DARKSHIDARA said:
with these statements you made it obvious that you started this thread just to see ps3 fanboys vs xbox 360 fanboys
just buy the one you want (you probably have a ps3 already by giving it the edge in your 1st post) and end this shit we dont need this "which is better shit" its all about taste and games

I really wanted to like the Xbox. It is amazingly fun on Live! and when it works, it works GOOD. It can still play regular DVDs, it can download games off of Live!, it has CoD, it has DLC and updates, and it has a comfortable controller. But with the PS3, it's just more bang for the buck.

QUOTE(CheatingSoi @ Sep 6 2009, 04:35 PM) I dunno if anyone mentioned this but the 360 comes with composite cables.

Normally, it does. But in this thread we're talking about the PS3 Slim and the New $299 Elite, and neither come with it
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==