Hacking Xbox 360 E hacking

Xe0N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello! I want to mod my Xbox 360 e. I know it's not rgh/jtagable but is there any other hack that I can try?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Depends if it's a Corona motherboard or not.
Technically seeing you could do a CPU swap on a Winchester board but it kinda defeats the purpose of hacking it.
Besides, you'd be better off with a older style 360 at that point.

Xe0N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Technically seeing you could do a CPU swap on a Winchester board but it kinda defeats the purpose of hacking it.
Besides, you'd be better off with an older style 360 at that point.
I didn't check it, but it's probably a Winchester board(MFR date is 11/2014). Also, I probably can't do a CPU swap because it's very expensive(And I can probably buy a new 360 for that price). Also, I can't buy a new 360.
I was thinking of odde'ing it or maybe flashing the disk drive? I don't know if those work on 360 E.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
JTAG isn't available on Slims to begin with haha.
JTAG only works on Phats that haven't been updated past 7371.

But yeh, Sorry mate but your best bet is to get a older 360.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
I didn't check it, but it's probably a Winchester board(MFR date is 11/2014). Also, I probably can't do a CPU swap because it's very expensive(And I can probably buy a new 360 for that price). Also, I can't buy a new 360.
I was thinking of odde'ing it or maybe flashing the disk drive? I don't know if those work on 360 E.

That is likely a Winchester, not hackable, any phat or 360 S can be rgh'd, I dunno if disk drive has cfw, it Should imho...

You can build an rgh for about $50-60 usd including the Xbox (used falcon or Jasper phat on eBay for like 20-30 bucks)

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever you do, don't buy a xenon. :P

Well if you want a jtag, swap thermal paste,use two Jasper heatsinks, no DVD drive (do you really need it on a jtag plus xenon drives are fucking loud and can make a vibrator jealous) and reverse the fan so It blows cool air into the case, and Leave that top metal sheilding lid bullshit off

I'd recommend a falcon or a Jasper,but those are pricey,xenon and zepyrs are the most common jtags you'll find

Orrrrrr just buy a 360 devkit, but those are even more complicated to use, but support homebrew straight from the factory

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Terry45

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I have a question, my friend just got an Xbox 360 E, the manufacturing date is 2014-12 but it has games installed on the internal HDD so it must be Corona, as I know Winchester can't be hacked or moded, we are not able to transfer any newer games from USB to the HDD at all?? Any ideas how the seller achieved that as we were able to move the games provided by him back and forth from USB stick to internal HDD but any God files that were transfered to the correctly formated USB stick on the Horizon tool had a big ! On their icon and failed to be copied or moved....

Last edited by Terry45,

M1ghty_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Besides, you'd be better off with a older style 360 at that point.
I know this is an old thread, but i'd like to add that, at that point, you might as well use a zero fuse CPU which defeats the need of any further modifications by using virtual fuses. from that you can run anything without needing to RGH

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread, but i'd like to add that, at that point, you might as well use a zero fuse CPU which defeats the need of any further modifications by using virtual fuses. from that you can run anything without needing to RGH

99 percent of people aren't going to buy a $1200 bga rework station, and the specific tools needed on top just to run homebrew on a $50 Xbox 360

Most people don't have the skill to swap the CPU either, which is something that can destroy your mobo beyond repair

Reactions: DinohScene

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk of any place near you that sells rgh's look on ebay too (though i bought my jasper from a mod shop and sorry cant post a link cause they have a dl link to the sdk, i'm just glad i got mine before paypal pulled the rug from under them)

M1ghty_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
of course, i was just saying that because of dinoh recommending a cpu swap, which recommends that anyway. i was just adding that theres no point in committing to a CPU swap unless its a zero fuse

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1