Gaming Xbox 360 dual dvd drive setup ?

Mida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering if anyone has set up two dvd drives to one xbox with a switch in between. I can get a second drive and what id like to do is have my original drive with original firmware and my second with custom firmware and have them both chained together with a switch to connect a drive of my choice. Provided I can make or purchase the required cables can anyone see any other reason this would not work.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Mida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to be able to play my original games on xbox live with my original drive and my backups on the second. This way I could avoid being banned and essentially have an Xbox with the best of both worlds at the filck of a switch.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mida said:
I'd like to be able to play my original games on xbox live with my original drive and my backups on the second. This way I could avoid being banned and essentially have an Xbox with the best of both worlds at the filck of a switch.

Sorry. Won't work. It doesn't matter which drive , if the 360 recognizes a backup you're banned. If the games are properly stealthed and you use a good firmware (and confirm that your burned copies are 100% good) then you shouldn't be banned. I've got my 360 flashed since january (i think) and I even played alot of them on xbox live without problems!
smile.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dominik93 said:
Mida said:

Sorry. Won't work. It doesn't matter which drive , if the 360 recognizes a backup you're banned. If the games are properly stealthed and you use a good firmware (and confirm that your burned copies are 100% good) then you shouldn't be banned. I've got my 360 flashed since january (i think) and I even played alot of them on xbox live without problems!
smile.gif

Exactly what he said.

If you modify the firmware on your drive, Microsoft cannot tell. If your 360 gets an unstealthed game from your "modified" drive, you WILL get banned. I don't know who told you that your idea there would work, but it will not gain anything for you, and is a useless idea.

Mida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Understood but I'm just a little uneasy on the idea of microsoft not being able to detect modified firmware on the drive. If I could ensure that this wouldn't or couldn't happen then I'd stick with one drive but with my setup I would then have a physical barrier seperating the modified drive and provided they can't detect modified cables I'd be able to rest easy. I don't need to play backups online I just need to protect my games from my bother as he treats them like crap.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just use ixtreme 1.4 firmware and check all your games with xdvdmulleter autofix before burning.
Then you're as safe as possible for the time being...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...