Xbox 360 dual dvd drive setup ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Mida, Jun 24, 2008.

Jun 24, 2008

Xbox 360 dual dvd drive setup ? by Mida at 9:36 AM (1,702 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Mida
    OP

Newcomer Mida Member

Australia
    Just wondering if anyone has set up two dvd drives to one xbox with a switch in between. I can get a second drive and what id like to do is have my original drive with original firmware and my second with custom firmware and have them both chained together with a switch to connect a drive of my choice. Provided I can make or purchase the required cables can anyone see any other reason this would not work.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  3. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I must ask the burning question...

Why on earth would you need to do this, and what would it possibly gain you?

4. Mida
    OP

Newcomer Mida Member

Australia
    I'd like to be able to play my original games on xbox live with my original drive and my backups on the second. This way I could avoid being banned and essentially have an Xbox with the best of both worlds at the filck of a switch.

5. BigX

Member BigX GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'd love the same setup!

6. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany

Sorry. Won't work. It doesn't matter which drive , if the 360 recognizes a backup you're banned. If the games are properly stealthed and you use a good firmware (and confirm that your burned copies are 100% good) then you shouldn't be banned. I've got my 360 flashed since january (i think) and I even played alot of them on xbox live without problems! [​IMG]

7. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Exactly what he said.

If you modify the firmware on your drive, Microsoft cannot tell. If your 360 gets an unstealthed game from your "modified" drive, you WILL get banned. I don't know who told you that your idea there would work, but it will not gain anything for you, and is a useless idea.

8. Mida
    OP

Newcomer Mida Member

Australia
    Understood but I'm just a little uneasy on the idea of microsoft not being able to detect modified firmware on the drive. If I could ensure that this wouldn't or couldn't happen then I'd stick with one drive but with my setup I would then have a physical barrier seperating the modified drive and provided they can't detect modified cables I'd be able to rest easy. I don't need to play backups online I just need to protect my games from my bother as he treats them like crap.

9. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Why do people have 5 CD Hi-Fis?

10. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    just use ixtreme 1.4 firmware and check all your games with xdvdmulleter autofix before burning.
    Then you're as safe as possible for the time being...