Hacking Xbox 360 CON/PIRS: The Basics of what can be done in terms of modding

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many tutorials probably similar to this one on the Internet, however I have a some imformation I haven't seen before that should be useful to some. We will mainly be looking at what these files are, what they can contain, and finally, what uses can they have. Let's start by listing them.

Save files: The most common type of CON files, and all can be easily resigned for use on any profiles. Many modifications are able to be done on save games.

Gamerpictures and Themes: Gamerpictures can be added freely with proper tools and your own package can be made. Please note that only official gamerpics will work, unless you have an Xbox Live Vision camera (I will explain this later) Themes however can be made yourself without anything required other than a PC.

Profiles: All accounts on your Xbox are signed by the Xbox itself, and thus all the info can be edited without issues. However, do note that anything that involves LIVE, such as your avatar, or profile info, shouldn't be modded as it will generally cause a suspension. Unlocking avatar stuff and achievements should be fine but be weary of being reset if you like your legit achivos.

PIRS files usually are DLC's released on a disc, but are also stuff like title updates, system updates, avatar items unlocked though games, and nxeart files (more later)

I will explain how to resign saves, create gamerpicture packs, make your own theme, how to do basic profile mods, how to copy files over, how to fix broken avatar items, and how to get sweet desktop backgrounds from Xbox 360 games :P

Useful stuffs:

Horizon (this is really really nice)
Xbox Backup Creator (for nxeart files and avatar stuff)
PC

First, I will explain how to do most using Horizon. Horizon can be downloaded freely http://www.xboxmb.com/horizon Please excuse the attempted install of shitware, it pisses me off too, but if you're not completely stupid you shouldn't have trouble. Horizon has many features, however a lot is locked unless you have an account, and more can be gained from paying for Diamond. For this tutorial neither are needed. I assume you already have a compatible Xbox 360 storage device, generally flash drives are used however anything really can be used if you can connect it. Anyway, after getting Horizon loaded, you should see a device in your device explorer.

The first thing we'll do is simply rehash and resign a savefile. If you have it on your device, double click it and you should see a window similar to this:

UyPrf4R.png

If you have your profile with you, click save to device and select your profile. That's it. Additionally you can copy and paste your Profile ID and rehash and resign.

For gamerpic injecting there's multiple ways to do this, but Horizon has a tool that does it well. It can be found under the Tools section, and after searching for a game you should see this:

dBzTE89.png

After creating said package, just transfer the item using the device manager.

Custom Gamerpics:
Since I think most who would go to the effort for this would know how to do it already, I'll make it short. Take a picture with your vision cam. Then, using Horizon, extract the title_32 and title_64 item out of the package. Resize your image in accordance to the sizes of both those files. Then, using a photo editor just put your picture over the old one and save. Put the item back into the profile and rehash. You should have your custom pic. This will not work with regular gamerpictrues as I assume every picture has it's own IDs, and thus upon modding it though you can see it, your friends will see what it was prior to you editing. So, I guess you can if you play offline, or just care about how you see the picture :P

Themes:

Themes are really cool since you can use any image you want, however I recommend high resolution ones. Using Horizon's editor it is very easy to do so. The interface is basically self explanatory so I won't post any pics but yeah, it's good!

Still working on it!!!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So if there is the possibility of a ban , then its best to use this on an already banned xbox

Yes.
It's mainly achievement unlocking (which you should never do in the first place, earn them!) and modifying your Avatar (skin colour etc) along with your tenure and other Gamertag related data.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why not also RGH it.
Then you can also do more with it then this.
(modifying your profile then won't make a difference, if you keep that profile to your RGH alone that is)

Reactions: 431unknown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8