Xbox 1 Hard Drive Upgrade

Fahrenheit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys looks like my Xbox 1 disc drive is dieing. So i'm looking into replacing the hard drive and launching all games from that. I plan to follow this guide. Is that up to date? Looks good? Also whats the biggest hard drive I can in? I checked the hard drive list and it seems only up too 120 gigs on there. I think i'll need a little bigger. Also just to point out im running a soft modded box with xbmc.

EDIT would this hard drive work? Link

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As you only have a softmod this will limit the hard drive models you can use. By no means complete but the best we have is http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list&v_...amp;v_postedby= and it says you are good to go.

xboxHDM is the suggested way and as such yes that guide will work.

Do note you can also rig something up with a DVD drive and an original xbox if you want, also XBMC has awesome media streaming abilities if that is what you want.

The only thing I will say is run your eeprom through live info (serial numbers should match) to make sure you are not using a virtual EEPROM (which is different to the original) to lock your drive.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
live info is just a program that does various things- it does have a nice simple serial readout though which is good to make sure you do not get tripped up (one of the safety features available to modders is a virtual EEPROM- that way if something hoses it up then nothing is lost and you can pull it back with ease but it also means if you dump it with your average dashboard/program you will get garbage out of it and the hard drive will not be sorted if you use it).

http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1140.nfo although it does not have much info.

I should also ask- why you say dying drive do you mean eject type issues or dead laser. The former is sorted easily enough with some cleaning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands