Hacking XB1 OS Flash

tiggawhat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All. I used this community cause it contained the partitioning script created by tai1976. I have tried to message him but havent had any luck. Figured I would see if anyone here has any ideas on how I can fix my xbox one

I have an original XB1 that I totally forgot was part of the insider preview program. The latest beta OS, 22000.1753, caused an issue where when booting it would go to a black screen and you couldnt do anything. It would pop the welcome gamertag notification and let you trigger the shutdown/restart menu but nothing else. Per instructions by the insider support, they said if a reboot didnt fix then to do a factory reset. I tried to do this and it failed. I now get an E106 error whenever I try to do anything. I wiped the SSD and have attempted to startover and that didnt work. A year ago I upgraded the internal hard drive to an SSD so I still have the original. I broke open the xbox and put it in and thats when I realized that the OS version is flashed someone on the system itself cause even with the old hard drive, it still showed the latest OS version. Through some research I saw some people saying to unsub from the insider program, put the xbox online and it will let you flash the latest OSU. Well that doesn't work at this stage. The only other thing I can seem to find is to wait for Xbox to release an update that is newer than the version this is on and i can then do the offline update.

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions on how I can get this working?? Naturally Microshaft says I have had a hardware failure and that it needs to be sent in for repair. Thats hilarious and coincidental that this thing worked flawlessly to this point and others in the community are having the same issue. I will buy a new xbox before I bother sending them mine that has been opened and upgraded.

Last edited by tiggawhat,

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by ILuvGames,

tiggawhat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I tried that. I tried USB recovery as well as the standard factory reset. I am pretty sure they do almost the same thing. I have done all of the Microsoft provided troubleshooting steps.

Last edited by tiggawhat,

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I tried that. I tried USB recovery as well as the standard factory reset. I am pretty sure they do almost the same thing. I have done all of the Microsoft provided troubleshooting steps.
Oh well, better to ask than not. Hope it will get fixed for you and other people affected by it when they next update the firmware. Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare