Hardware x86/x64 Raspberry Pi alternative?

lameboyadvance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A bit late, but I recently came across a small x86/x64 board thats only 4"x4" called Gizmo board. The current model comes with an AMD G-T40E APU (dual core 1.0Ghz/280MHz Radeon HD6250) and 1GB onboard RAM.
However, it only comes with VGA by default. There is an expansion connector that supposedly adds stuff like extra SATA port, more USB, PCIE and second display connector, but they don't seem to sell the addon board for that.

This board is apparently made as a development board, and comes with a development addon board, but to use that functionality (after your trial period ends) you need to buy a license.
It comes with an open BIOS that apparently can run Windows/a normal OS, but I have yet to see anyone doing so.
I'm actually looking at it for a small x86 carputer project, but its relatively new and I have yet to see one in action outside of their early YT videos.

You can get it for $199 (plus shipping) from here. It comes with gizmo board + PSU, as well as their development addon board/smartprobe/etc.

EDIT: Apparently someone posted a vid of it booting Win7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-